Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WHY do they have another baybee after the first one has a horrible inherited condition? (re:TLC documentary)

Posted by kidlesskim 
"Harlequin Ichthyosis (TLC — My Skin Could Kill Me)

"Meet two British families whose daughters were born with the rare skin disorder Harlequin Ichthyosis; skin that is tight and constrictive - like wearing a suit of armor. Follow four girls daily routine, as they learn how they cope with their condition."

There are only about 100 people worldwide that have this rare disorder.

These children (and their families) are inspiring. The parents both carry the gene and are told that having a second child has a one in four chance of being born with the same disorder. Both of these families had a second child, and both had the disorder.

The children's skin grows overnight the rate that someone without the disorder grows in two weeks. The children must bathe or be bathed every morning, scrub the extra skin off and generously apply cream throughout the day and repeat the process every evening. Bedding must be removed and replaced every day and the house cleaned.

Skin growing on the eyelids can scratch the cornea and cause blindness. One of the girls skin had grown over her hands so tight that she has lost almost all the tips of her fingers. Skin infections are clearly a concern. Most are born premature and do not make it past a couple of hours after birth.

Technology is making tremendous strides for this disorder. It is hoped that in the next couple of years a supplement can be added to their daily cream that will help."

http://anawtymouser.blogspot.com/2006/06/harlequin-ichthyosis-tlc-my-skin-could.html
(picture of the girls)

I saw this documentary on TLC health last night and was appalled when I found out that AFTER the parents were made aware that this was a rare genetic disorder and that they each had a recessive gene for it, they , "Rolled the dice...." (that's what one duddy said)and had another baybee ANYWAY. Of course both second births were afflicted as well. This is a HORRIBLE and rare condition which very little is known about it, it's incurable, every scratch is potentially fatal, and they all also have vision problems due to it. The oldest of the four girls on the documentary suffers complete blindness in one eye and only has 10% vision in the other eye. They all have compromised immune systems and one of the girls has retarded growth because of it. That's the tip of the iceburg of their medical problems, then there's the pain, the horrible appearance, and the constant physical restrictions and limitations as their entire day is controlled by bathing, changing clothes, scrubbing off dead skin, and slathering on special creams. The emotional damage is impossible to gauge, but my guess is that it is great.

These fuckers SAW how awful their first chlyd had it first hand and STILL took the chance and had another baybee, only to curse it's life with their freakish mutant genes too. One of the moomies has 9 hours of social services help a week and social services also provides the daily laundry service of the girls' bedding and clothes. The lard ass is shown making up the one kyd's bed and says "... that's TWO beds to change EVERY day". BIG DEAL!!!!! The fate she forced her second kyd to endure is far more painful and time consuming then changing sheets on two twin beds every day. My God, I change my sheets every other day and it only takes 5 minutes. These girls can expect no sort of a normal life and these parents STILL say shit like, "There is no reason why she can't get married and have normal baybees". I about fell off the couch when the tubby mummy said that.

These girls will be lucky if they don't gradually lose their vision, gradually have pieces of themselves amputated like the one girl already has, and contract NUMEROUS illnesses due to not having proper protection in the way of skin. Even with a burn victim, they have a chance at a normal life once they can get skin grafts to take, but not these girls. They will be scrubbing off dead skin, bathing, changing clothes, slathering on cream, and fighting off deadly infections and diseases for as long as they shall live. I HATE THESE STUPID, SELFISH PEOPLE WITH A PASSION!
These parents should be strung up. These poor children. Not only to have to live with this nightmare, but to have monsters for parents. It sounds like they are in a lot of pain and discomfort. I just don't get it.
Selfish selfish douchbags.
I've seen pictures of Harlequin babies online. I didn't realize that some could survive. This is cruelty beyond belief.
I think these people like to "roll the dice" like this because they know the more freak babies they have, the more attention they will get (and, eventually, they will most likely get media coverage). Normal people who, upon having some sort of deformed child that is fucked-up as the result of inherited genes, stop having children to prevent another innocent person from suffering. Attention-whoring breeders will stoop incredibly low to garner attention, including foisting a child into a life where it will be in pain, never ever live normally, and will likely die young (which will probably be the best thing for it if it's in pain like these harlequin children).

Honestly...the parents have kerfuckied genes, and they know it. Why can they not adopt a child that isn't a biological mess? Why burden themselves with something like the care of a severely deformed child when it could be prevented?

Oh wait, I forgot...we're talking about breeder logic. My bad. I was expecting these kinds of people to think their decisions through.
"These children (and their families) are inspiring."

WTF?! How is it "inspiring" to WILLINGLY doom some poor innocent child to a life of misery?
This LOOKS like a family of Halloween monsters!

In fact, the very image of a deformed little Harlequin baby is so horrid I just CAN'T even click on the link at all! In fact, it looks like some alien creature from the deepest and darkest depths of ocean with its bulging blood-red eyes and a GAPING maw, too!

This also proves that Mother Nature (or rather, the parents) don't give a flying damn, always producing very sick children that are better off dead anyway.sad smiley
Gotta have more!!!
A while ago on another CF page, somebody posted an article about a family with one of these terrible genetic skin disorders. I think the Daily Mail (breederific trash rag) published a story about them. It might not have been this couple because I think they had three kids.

Anyhow, the Moo in the article was quoted that she wanted to try again because she wanted give her husband a child with nice, soft skin. (Instead, of, presumably the scaly prickly mess she had already created.)

Breeders....sometimes they don't even know how revolting they are.
Simple. They are selfish pricks.
This reminds me of that reality show about the family of "little people." Moo and Duh are both little, a GENETIC condision, and they had FOUR kids! I think only one of the kids turned out little, but why spin such a heavily weighted Roulette wheel? The dad's condition is so bad that he hobbles around on crutches or uses a motorized cart to get around. He endured many surgeries as a kid because of deformities and spent much of his childhood in the hospital. WHY would you take the chance of subjecting your own children to this?????

It also reminds me of some idiot moo I read about who has muscular dystrophy, another GENETIC condition. She had two kids, one has the disease and other hasn't been tested yet. She actually said "It's not that bad, but I'm hoping for more advancements in treatments someday that might help us" or something HORRIFYING like that.

Sorry, people like this should be immediately sterilized. angry flipping off
Cheese Louise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This reminds me of that reality show about the
> family of "little people." Moo and Duh are both
> little, a GENETIC condision, and they had FOUR
> kids! I think only one of the kids turned out
> little, but why spin such a heavily weighted
> Roulette wheel? The dad's condition is so bad that
> he hobbles around on crutches or uses a motorized
> cart to get around. He endured many surgeries as a
> kid because of deformities and spent much of his
> childhood in the hospital. WHY would you take the
> chance of subjecting your own children to
> this?????
>
> It also reminds me of some idiot moo I read about
> who has muscular dystrophy, another GENETIC
> condition. She had two kids, one has the disease
> and other hasn't been tested yet. She actually
> said "It's not that bad, but I'm hoping for more
> advancements in treatments someday that might help
> us" or something HORRIFYING like that.
>
> Sorry, people like this should be immediately
> sterilized. angry flipping off

Oh, I agree. Dwarfism, especially the kind that he has, is not just "little people". Nearly every thing about them is either deformed, malformed, or abnormal in some way and they have TONS of medical problems which are common to it including but not limited to, heart problems, skeletal problems with their hips, legs, knees, and backs, vision problems, etc......Primordial dwarfism is even more rare and more deadly because in addition to all of the other genetic abnormalities, those indivuduals have a tendency to develop brain aneurysms in their 20's and IF they survive those, then they are left with additional disabilities, much like an elderly stroke survivor. I ran across a site with famblees who are affected by primordial dwarfism and as expected, among the famblees who only had the one affected kyd, there was one woman who had TWO such children, she is from Illinois. She says she is a single mother and goes on about how expensive everything is and how insurance won't cover this and that and how raising them is a full time job and she can't work and her bills are piled up, blah blah blah blah.......

Apparently she has a non profit set up at different banks or for your convenience, you can just click on the online donate button which is placed in strategic areas of her website. Apparently they need extra money for dental expenses as they all have dental problems including dentures and other prosthetics expenses, money for special glasses as they nearly all have vision and/or hearing problems, money for corrective spinal surgery for their scoliosis, hip replacements, wheelchairs or other walking/transport aids, etc......as well as money for their specially tailored clothing and scaled down furniture, specially eqipped cars and appliances, and for transportation to and from LPA meetings across the globe and other expenses associated with various fun trips and activities that they do and of course money for regular living expenses, moomie's included.

I don't think for a moment that these kyds enjoy being this way or that perhaps life shouldn't be made as easy as possible for them. However, when moomie gets to go along for a free ride and solicits donations above and beyond what they need and ALREADY get, like FREE medical and specific product donations which is only for the kyds, and it's for every day expenses, ie, HER BILLS and elective things like dental implants that she mentions vs the dentures and bridgework,, then I have a problem with it. You know, I need some dental surgery which my insurance only pays at 50% and the dentist requires that I pay 100% up front and get reimbursed the other half. I need some eye surgery as well, which insurance only pays at 50%. It would cost me about 10k up front for the teeth and eye surgeries that I need. Can I set up a non profit and solicit donations for that? I also need about 10k, which insurance won't cover, to travel to another area and get a tubal ligation, maybe I can add that to my request. I need some unsightly and painful calcium deposits removed from my foot and hand, as well as some moles removed. Actually, there are several elective surgeries which would make me healthier and happier, which insurance will not pay, that I would LOVE to have. I need to have surgery to help relieve my sleep apnea, which insurance won't cover 100%, a breast reduction would go a long way to help my fucked up back with the titanium screws in it which is a constant source of pain, and then there are countless other surgeries I would like to have simply for cosmetic reasons.

I just don't see why a breeder WHORE can purposely bring a fucked up kyd into the world who will undoubtedly need MILLIONS of dollars worth of surgeries and treatments and it's "ok" for her to get all of these tax free donations. What makes her or her spawn more special than me or anyone else? 50k would probably fix me up for life, but it probably costs that much for one toenail on one of those teen dwarfs' fucked up little feet. I HATE that moomie whores get free rides for doing nothing more than popping out a fucked up kyd, while the rest of us would get arrested for setting up a non profit for ourselves as it would be considered fraudulent. Personally, I think that these women are frauds and are living off of public sympathy and donated dollars. I hate their guts, if that isn't already painfully obvious.
I have this theory that vaudeville never went away but keeps popping up into the culture again in new guises...and the same is true of the classic carnival sideshow. Seems that TLC is the newest permutation of the old tawdry sideshow.
In this same vein, check out My Shocking Story: World's Smallest Mom.

Not only did this moron INSIST on having a baby, the child has been diagnosed with the same condition as her mother (Cristianne). Cristianne is a shrill, whiney, demanding BITCH who can't communicate with her husband (yes, really, a husband) without SCREECHING.

As a sidebar, who on earth would wanna put his dick in that? two faces puking
TXGal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In this same vein, check out My Shocking Story:
> World's Smallest Mom.
>
> Not only did this moron INSIST on having a baby,
> the child has been diagnosed with the same
> condition as her mother (Cristianne). Cristianne
> is a shrill, whiney, demanding BITCH who can't
> communicate with her husband (yes, really, a
> husband) without SCREECHING.
>
> As a sidebar, who on earth would wanna put his
> dick in that? two faces puking

we caught part of the show. The first thing out of our mouths were, do you really need to breed if you have health issues or genetic issues? Why on earth would a person do such a thing? Create another human who has a great chance of having health issues. Selfishness is all it is.
this chick can't even take care of her own child.
I guess this is proof that "misery loves company"

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
OMG, that's a DIFFERENT "smallest mom" than I'd heard about before. There's some other mini-cow out there who did the same damn thing. Unconscionable. And one can't help but get a mental image of her and her over 6' boyfriend doing the nasty. GROSS.

I went looking and found yet ANOTHER story of unimaginable selfishness. This tiny woman, who has the inherited "brittle bone disease," insisted on breeding...twice. She blessed one of her kids with the awful disease. The other one is normal "and probably will be carrying me around someday." Nice. The icing on the cake? They want to try for a boooooooy.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/15447717/detail.html#

Don't forget, folks, WE are the selfish ones. angry flipping off
I missed that shocking story mini cow documentary last night, but I hope to catch a rerun tonight. I agree that TLC is basically doing carnival sideshows under the pretense of educating the public. I think that people who are known to have a potentially fatal, painful, debilitating, mutant genes which are likely to be passed on, should be sterilized, the end. I believe that their "rights" to reproduce should end when it's allowed to inflict pain on a being who is unable to say, "No, let me stay in kiddie kinder heaven with baybee Jesus, I'd rather not suffer down there on earth, please". I believe it's child abuse to knowingly get knocked up with a deformed baybee who will DEFINATELY suffer. The really bad thing is that they completely understand the pain and sufferring because they have lived it. So, WHY would they want someone else, who they presumably love, to live like this?

I do NOT understand why people of average height marry these midgets and reproduce when they know it will be a one in four chance that their kyd will be born fucked up. Even WORSE are all of these little munchkins who meet up at these Little People conferences and mate, further increasing the odds that they will birth more midgets. They almost ALWAYS have at least one midget offspring and when they have that one type of severe dwarfism, they generally end up with at least one stillbirth as well. If their only trait was that they were small, it wouldn't bother me in the least. However, ALL types come with various health problems and some types have disabling consequences like brain aneurysms, malformed skeletal systems, heart prblems, gastro-intestinal problems, deafness, blindness, etc....and they end up in wheel chairs, with feeding tubes, tracheotomies,etc..... when they should be learning how to walk, talk and eat.
It is the height of SELFISHNESS to have another baybee after one has born with a serious inheritable condition. Were I of a mind to become a parent, I would cease breeding at that point and seriously consider adoption.

Instead, these selfish asshats roll the dice and when it happens again, not only the kid pays (which is bad enough) but we all pay through increased insurance costs.
This page is very informative if you'd like to know how people with less severe forms of ichthyosis manage their condition. It sounds like a real pain to spend an hour each morning scrubbing away all that dead skin and then piling on the moisturizer, not to mention the skin cracking and possible infections.

I feel sorry for the three siblings who have it. The article says their form of the illness is the rarest, but at least it's not the very worst kind. The sisters with the Harlequin disease are painful to look at. It's tragic that parents would choose to put their own children through that.

http://rarediseases.checkbiotech.org/news/2008-10-07/Ichthyosis/
I'm sure that the breeders of these freaks of nature get enough tax-free payments to at least decorate their homes.

And that is why they keep breeding more.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
They're playing the documentary again right now on TLC.

I can't believe these selfish fuckers saying they had a 1 in 4 chance of getting another Harlequin but they just "had" to have a second baybee. The duh was all "oh, it wasn't exactly my choice" - and chuckling!

Yeah, I'm glad you find your poor daughters' incurable, disfiguring and life-threatening illness hilarious, you rotten bastard.

I have this theory that vaudeville never went away but keeps popping up into the culture again in new guises...and the same is true of the classic carnival sideshow. Seems that TLC is the newest permutation of the old tawdry sideshow.
Very interesting observation, makes sense...

It's disgusting how these people crave the limelight. "OH, we have a FREAK! OH! We had another FREAK! We can certainly exploit them! OH! Let's have another one!"

As usual, it's the kids who suffer. The more the fucked up breeders protest that junior freak is "normal" and "happy", the more selfish and stupid they sound. I'ma go find a brick wall to bang my head on...later...
>...The more the fucked up breeders protest that junior freak is
> "normal" and "happy", the more selfish and stupid
> they sound. I'ma go find a brick wall to bang my
> head on...later..."

I too, especially hate it when the parents, friends, teachers, other famblee members, etc.....can sit right there next to a drooling kyd who is staring off vacantly into space, pointlessly flapping his arms around, blurting out sudden animal-like gutteral sounds, still in diapers at 8 and 10 years of age, and say with a straight face, "Spazley can have a normal life, just like everyone else. There is no reason why he can't have a famblee of his own one day". They do the SAME thing with those poor conjoined twins who are basically two separate heads on one body. They share ALL of their organs from the waist down, including a pussy. Still the parents say, "They are truly just "normal" teenagers, like everybody else. One day they can have a normal famblee and chyldren of their own". Ok, HOW? I'd like to know exactly HOW that two young women who share one body can have "chyldren of their own", and ANYTHING be "normal" about it?

I suppose that they think that are doing the right thing by making the kyd believe that "anything" is possible and that the world is their canvas, like the little Mermaid and her dream to be a "princes or an actress"eye rolling smiley, but I think that they are doing them more harm than good with all of the lies. I don't guess it matters though for the real retards who don't have a clue what day it is, much less any future possibilities, so I guess that the parents are just fooling themselves in those cases. If these idiot breeders want to lie to themselves all day long, then more power to them. I just am offended that they attempt to or act like EVERYONE does or should believe their bullshit and act as if their kyd is "normal", when it is CLEARLY anything BUT "normal".

I feel like asking them, "If your retard/mutant/freak is so "normal", then why are we even talking about how normal it is? People who DO have "normal" kyds don't go around telling strangers that their kyds are normal because it's self evident, ya know?" It's like how when really fat girls make it a point in every day conversation to continually say how "happy" they are with their weight and how their husband/boyfriend/one night stands, "love me JUST the way I am". Again, people who are truly comfortable with their weight, whatever it may be, don't really talk about it very often, if at all. When someone starts protesting (unprovoked) about how a personal physical characteristic doesn't "bother them at all", or that they LIKE having two heads, three legs, one eye in the center of their head, etc......You can just about bet that is a defense mechanism against something that they TRULY hate about themselves.
Don't 'cha know?

The more damaged loaves you hatch, the bigger the martyr you are. Oh, and the more money you get from the gubermint.
Look at it this way: who is going to want to breed with them?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login