Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does this man need an attitude adjustment?

Posted by deegee 
This appeared yesterday in a singles column. The columnist's name is Susan Deitz. I have been reading her column off and on for nearly 20 years, but I think she was unduly harsh towards Wes W. (probably fictional, she does that), the author of the last letter. I have pasted only Wes's letter below, along with Susan's response.

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/sunday/fanfare/ny-b5884788oct19,0,6852612.story

DEAR SUSAN: I read the letter from the single mom looking for a father (for her kids) and a husband. Are most single mothers looking for a father figure for their kids instead of a mate, lover and best friend for themselves? I'm 31, and have hesitated to date single mothers because I don't want to be just a dad for someone else's kids.

Wes W., Rock Island, Ill.

DEAR WES: You know what, Wes? Do all of us - particularly the single moms in your vicinity - a huge favor and stay away. With your attitude toward their children, you'd be a major flop. And you don't need that. More importantly, they don't need that! As a single mom, I promised my son, Scott, that he'd like the man who came into our lives in a serious way - a promise that gave him a role in his own future. For in a way, single motherhood comes with a spiritual role, keeping the family together and afloat for the good of all concerned. You need an attitude adjustment badly. You need to rethink the sacred trust that children are. You also need to realize that the woman who shares her children with you is giving you the highest form of love - way beyond romantic love.
Anonymous User
Re: Does this man need an attitude adjustment?
October 20, 2008
OMG, I cannot believe this bitch's response. She was right about one thing...he should stay away, and if he is smart, he will. I don't blame him one bit, and he has every right to not want to get involved with a single moo.

IMO, the woman who shares her children with you is giving you the highest form of annoyance, displeasure, and an invitation to always take a back seat to her hellspawn. Highest for of love, my fucking ass. Typical breeder cunt.
October 20, 2008
That is so horrible! What, the man doesn't have the right to dictate the tone of his own life? Who does she think she is?
October 20, 2008
Jeepers, you'd think she'd advise to find a woman he liked first, and then see if things work out with the kids...I mean, unless she's pro-pedophile "Find a lady with kids you like, I mean REALLY like...then try to get in her good graces so you can have access to them".

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
deegee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This appeared yesterday in a singles column. The
> columnist's name is Susan Deitz. I have been
> reading her column off and on for nearly 20 years,
> but I think she was unduly harsh towards Wes W.
> (probably fictional, she does that), the author of
> the last letter. I have pasted only Wes's letter
> below, along with Susan's response.
>
> http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedi
> tion/sunday/fanfare/ny-b5884788oct19,0,6852612.sto
> ry
>
> DEAR SUSAN: I read the letter from the single mom
> looking for a father (for her kids) and a husband.
> Are most single mothers looking for a father
> figure for their kids instead of a mate, lover and
> best friend for themselves? I'm 31, and have
> hesitated to date single mothers because I don't
> want to be just a dad for someone else's kids.
>
> Wes W., Rock Island, Ill.
>
> DEAR WES: You know what, Wes? Do all of us -
> particularly the single moms in your vicinity - a
> huge favor and stay away. With your attitude
> toward their children, you'd be a major flop.

"YES, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SACRED LITTLE BASTARDS. A MAN WANTS A WOMAN, NOT A MOOCOW. AND HOW DARE SHE CRITICIZE HIS ATTITUDE.

And
> you don't need that. More importantly, they don't
> need that! As a single mom, I promised my son,
> Scott, that he'd like the man who came into our
> lives in a serious way - a promise that gave him a
> role in his own future.

"DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO GET MARRIED BEFORE YOU GOT KNOCKED UP? OR IS THIS A SPERM AND A PAYCHECK MOMENT BUT THE PAYCHECK DUCKED FOR COVER? OR YOU COULDN'T EVEN KEEP A MARRIAGE TOGETHER (WHO WANTS SUPER BITCHMOO WITH YOUR FREAKIN 'TUDE'. (I HATE THE PLATITUDE 'AS A SINGLE MAAAWM' LIKE IT IS SOME SORT OF HONOR AWARD: TO ME IT'S THE CROWN OF SELF-CENTERED STUPIDITY FOR THE MOST PART).

For in a way, single
> motherhood comes with a spiritual role, keeping
> the family together and afloat for the good of all
> concerned.

"SEE ABOVE, THE ONLY SPIRIT YOU HAVE COMES FROM A BOTTLE AND BOTOX"

>You need an attitude adjustment badly.

"LOOKS WHO'S TALKING- EVERYONE BEND AND KISS YOUR MOO-BUTTASS'

> You need to rethink the sacred trust that children
> are.

'YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT THINK ONE IOTA WHEN YOU SPREAD FOR WHATEVER DICK CAME YOUR WAY AND KNOCKED YOUR CUNT UP'.

You also need to realize that the woman who
> shares her children with you is giving you the
> highest form of love - way beyond romantic love.

'TOTAL PURE, UNADULTERATED BULLSHIT. COMPLETELY HAS HEAD UP HER KIDS ASS AND THE GUY IS JUST INCIDENTAL.

And this twat is a columnist? If you really believed your own hype, you would be at home raising your bastard. You are the typical feminist nazi moocow who ultimately thinks she can moo-cow without a guy. When reality smacks you across your botoxed face, you troll for males who can just provide the paycheck with a disney-like carrot of 'fambly' crap, and 'being daaddeee'. The second the guy actually would TRY and be a daddy, the bitch ho would be right there with 'don't you touch my kid, he isn't yours anyway..'.

10 bucks says that...idiots
"DEAR WES: You know what, Wes? Do all of us - particularly the single moms in your vicinity - a huge favor and stay away. With your attitude toward their children, you'd be a major flop. And you don't need that. More importantly, they don't need that!"

Wes never said anything about his attitude towards children. He merely explained that he was looking for a romantic relationship and didn't want to get roped into being a father figure instead. To want to avoid getting into a relationship you don't like is a perfectly normal and reasonable part of human nature. Wes just wants to know whether single mothers can give him what he's looking for.

"As a single mom, I promised my son, Scott, that he'd like the man who came into our lives in a serious way - a promise that gave him a role in his own future."

Stop right there. Your personal life has nothing to do with the advice you give to others, and as an advice columnist, you ought to know better than that. Nobody asked to hear about you.

"For in a way, single motherhood comes with a spiritual role, keeping the family together and afloat for the good of all concerned."

Don't flatter yourself. Wes doesn't want to know about how special you are; he wants to know whether it's worth his while to date single mothers.

"You need an attitude adjustment badly."

You're the one who needs an attitude adjustment. There is nothing shameful about this man not wanting to get into a relationship he can't handle. In fact, I'd praise him for thinking things through in advance and figuring out his own limits. It shows foresight and maturity on his part. No, madam, it's you who needs to change, because not only did you take his question as a personal offense, but you blamed him for thinking responsibly. Who let an insecure little martyr like you become an advice columnist?

"You need to rethink the sacred trust that children are."

Some people don't want to raise kids. Especially not other people's kids. Does that make these childless-by-choice people irresponsible? No. It means they know their limits. A simple "Don't date single mothers unless you want to raise their kids," would have been much more sensible than the guilt trip your throwing at him right now.

"You also need to realize that the woman who shares her children with you is giving you the highest form of love - way beyond romantic love."

Contrary to popular belief, children are not gifts unless they are wanted. Making someone raise children they don't love is a curse to both the child and the caretaker. And who are you to declare what the "highest" form of love is, if there is such a thing at all? Who are you to belittle the love that this man is looking for? You have a lot of nerve insult someone who asked you for advice.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
"I'm 31, and have hesitated to date single mothers because I don't want to be just a dad for someone else's kids."

I think the operative word in this man's statement is "just." I don't think he was saying he didn't want to be a stepfather. He meant that he didn't want a woman to USE him JUST for that purpose. It would be very scary if a man wanted to be with you just because you were a single mom with kids. Watch out for Chester if that's the case! There's more to a relationship that being a parent, this man wanted all of the normal things that go along with a normal relationship, not just to be the daddy and wallet for the moo.

Wow, this Susan woman is a touchy little single mom shrew.
October 20, 2008
You also need to realize that the woman who shares her children with you is giving you the highest form of love - way beyond romantic love.

WTF? This woman is a bitter woman, who lives in breederville.
She needs to go sit in the corner and let her pup suck, and leave the thinking to people who are capable.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
I'm here to tell you all that being a step-parent sucks to the tenth power. My husband wants us to be like a 'famblee' (puke) when the brats are here, but then its "Don't say anything bad about my KYUUUDDS!!!!!" I no longer have the desire (never did, actually) to be step-moo to brats I have no say-so about. They come here and take up MY space, eat MY food, sit endlessly on MY computer,try my patience til I want to kill myself, and this prick I am married to has the gall to get pissed if I so much as look at these little fuckers the wrong way. I hate this life, and would give my right tit to turn back the time. I totally see where this guy is coming from, not wanting a moo to get involved with, even if he wasn't just the paycheck. I wouldn't wish this shit on my worst enemy. When I do finally get out of this, I will run as fast as possible from any man who has ever been a sperm donor. I don't even give a damn if his little fucker is already dead, or 35 years old. If he is stupid enough to have sprogged, he is too stupid for me, even if he is the last dick on the planet. Dildos are my friend.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
Susan needs a stick up her ass. Nothing wrong with the guy who wrote in. I just hope he doesn't take her advice to heart and try to change.
October 20, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> You also need to realize that the woman who shares
> her children with you is giving you the highest
> form of love - way beyond romantic love.
>
>
>

this mystified me because paying for another man's kids is not like divine visitation. Allowing him to pay for your children is a form of love? Something is really wrong there.
October 20, 2008
Most single moos want a new wallet, period.eye rolling smiley

BTW, I hope this crackling witch gets a man who loves her kyd enough...to get into his pants when she isn't looking!
October 20, 2008
Christ. Since when is marriage between a man and a bunch of some woman's kids?? Creeeee-pay!

Last time I checked, single men (and single women!) who behaved themselves and didn't eject illegitimate children all over the shop got the right to choose whether or not they wanted to raise someone else's kids. Because OH YES the step dad-or-mom is definitely tasked with raising the cuckoos the minute they say 'I do' -- make no mistake. And if these unsullied people who made it to mate-search time without making any mistakes along the way objected to the proposal of raising someone else's cuckoos, they weren't set upon by a screaming bitch of an advice columnist.

Single or divorced people who already have kids but are back on the market looking for a mate are quite simply marked 'Damaged Goods'. They'll never be number-one pick above the singletons who haven't fucked up.

I wonder what her readers' responses will be like.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
My sentiments exactly. Forget the soulmate and lover crap, they just want a sucker with a wallet.

Run away. Fast.
October 20, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> You also need to realize that the woman who shares
> her children with you is giving you the highest
> form of love - way beyond romantic love.

Women don't share their children with their wallets - they foist the children onto said men.

And the way the quoted statement is worded...can you imagine how many pedos read that and grinned from ear to ear? Yikes. This woman, besides being an ignorant fucktard, needs to work on her sentence structure because...by the way SHE words her thoughts...it sounds like she's implying that women who allow their kids to be abused by Chester boyfriends are saints.
October 20, 2008
I think Susan is the one who needs the attitude adjustment!! The guy sounds as if he's not completely closed to being a stepdad--he just doesn't want that to be the ONLY thing when he marries.

I am getting to the point where I hate single moos with a passion. All they think about is finding some man to be a wallet.

My attitude is: YOU want respect? Then treat the man you might marry with respect! Just as women are not on this earth to be brood cows, so not all men are on the planet to be spermdonors/paychecks.
October 20, 2008
"You also need to realize that the woman who shares her children with you is giving you the highest form of love - way beyond romantic love."

Well, apparently that "highest form of love" was'nt good enough for the biological baby daddy(s) to stick around, so I don't know why she would expect more from a man who she is just dating or even one who she marries who has no relation to those little bastards. I think that a "single mom" who is interested in remarrying should seek out men who SHE likes and shares common interests with first and foremost. AFTER she has dinners, dates, a few weekend trips and IF she AND the man think this will become serious and longterm, THEN she should gradually incorporate their outings, dinners, etc.....with the kyds on occassion. NEVER should a moomie tell her kyds to pick out the man, or allow them to judge him, or she will have really good potential relationships sabotaged by those greedy little fuckers.

SHE needs to really like the guy first and what her kyds think doesn't matter. Does she really think they will check in with her before THEY pick a mate? This is her life, not these kyds' who are only there temporarily anyway. As long as the guy isn't abusive, I don't think it matters in the least if he gets a "kid approved" stamp or not. This guy clearly needs to move on and the faster he can run, the better.
October 20, 2008
If Wes W. is real he sounds like a really smart guy. I hope that he doesn't let the batshit crazy moobitch's opinion cloud his perfectly clear BS detector.

Do I think he's real? No, because any guy smart enough to see through the BS wouldn't be writing into some advice columnist. This moobitch probably got dumped by her latest wallet attempt for this exact reason and is now bitter because she's realized that not all men worship at the moomy shrine.
Cheese Louise
October 20, 2008
For fuck's sake! This guy didn't deserve Susan's bitching out. Her bitterness is REALLY showing. At least he was being honest! That's in theory what ANY woman, moo or not, should want.

Susan is a fucking breederbrained bitch. If anyone needs an attitude adjustment it's HER. Lady, YOUR children might be YOUR sacred trust, but how dare you project that onto anyone else. Jesus, this pissed me off! angry flipping off
October 21, 2008
Bit of a mystery why the original sperm donor didn't stick around for that high high oh so high love and all.

Honest question, dishonest answer.
Anonymous User
October 21, 2008
I am STILL pissed off at this bitch, and I first read this yesterday! I wish I'd have met a guy like him before I married a breeder. There just didn't seem to be enough of them, or at least I didn't know about them until I started reading websites like this one.
I guess hindsight is 20/20, but maybe it's not too late for me.
October 21, 2008
Wow, what a cunt. I hope all single guys read that and stay away from ANY single moo they will ever encounter. According to the moos, all the men are good for is walking wallets.
2 Cents you crack me up with that comment about Suzie including the top intelligent Kidless-Kim.

Oh year, speaking of Suzie when she slag-off Wez. She is one of this website member of so called-claim to be rival of Childfree by Choie website. It's called aka "Single Mum by Choice". (What the Hell.) So I am going to add this to the mix. She even made a book called Single Mum by Choice. I google it and found this link.

http://www.singlemothersbychoice.com/book.html

More like "Single moo by choice". I might as well make a topic about this website in general.
October 21, 2008
Beggars can't be choosy! Bitch!:yeah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login