Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slacker and proud of it

Posted by annie35 
Slacker and proud of it
October 20, 2008
this is partly what is wrong with our society.
A bunch of the cackling hens in my office were just talking about how their kids are slackers and take short cuts on everything from cleaning their room to school work. These damn hens seem to be proud that their kids are slackers. I heard one woman say, well Shae is gifted, she can figure out the easiest and simplest way to do anything, it might not be 100% and the best, but it is good enough. I call that lazy, not gifted.
Some of the hens are saying,yeah the kid is just like me a slacker. I made note of who said they were slackers, I will see how much they like slacking when they don't get a raise this year.
I do not think slacking is something to be proud of or something you brag about.
Re: Slacker and proud of it
October 20, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was when I was in school. I was frequently
> teased for being concerned about keeping my grades
> high. I didn't fit in at all with the polished
> kids with good grades. I was sort of part of a
> group of creative misfits, which included A LOT of
> slackers.
>
> One of them made a 32 on his ACT, didn't work hard
> in school, and then years later went on to get a
> scholarship for college, when he finally decided
> he wanted to go. That always burned me just a bit.
> I worked my butt off but I simply don't test well
> and never qualified for very much.
>
> Slackerdom is very much celebrated now in this
> society of ours.

There is a difference between being smart enough to slack and an idiot and slacking.
My husband was a slacker who scored well on his ACT and went to college on full scholarship.
But these woman are not raising gifted kids, I have met most of the kids and they are dumb as a 5lb bag of stupid.
October 20, 2008
Slackerdom should be earned. By that I mean one should master the art of doing stuff right and then when you have the luxury of not doing it (i.e. independent adult) go right ahead.

Sabotaging your own ability to make your way in the world is the dumbest thing ever.
October 20, 2008
These Einsteins are confusing signs of ambition and intelligence and the following traits therein with the art of sheer unadulterated LAZINESS.

1)Delegating
2)Prioritizing
3)Focus
4)Taking a break from stress or pressure
5)Time management
6)Personal Balance
7)Finding more efficient ways to complete tasks at hand
8)Realization that EVERYONE must "pay his dues", get his hands dirty, sometimes deal with monotonous chores, basically lick the hard candy off of the lollipop before he gets to the chewy center, so to speak.

Time and time again throughout my life I have seen parents (usually moos) just glowing and gleaming from ear to ear because they (who are lazy and stupid as well) think that because Shitford gets bored easily, appears to have found a super sonic like way to do unpleasant things like clean his room, and makes good grades without "cracking open a book", that he is some sort of a genius worthy of special treatment and room and maid service so he can expand his mighty horizons. EVEN IF Shitford is intelligent, which he rarely is, he does not have the personal ambition, the aptitude, or experience required to effectively lead other people and he likely never will. Evidence of this behavior and attitude can be seen in the typical 19 y/o "assistant managers" in retail outlets across America in the way that they treat 40 y/o employees who are under their leadership. Another good example would be 23 y/o military officers who outrank 20 year veteran NCO's during wartime when they are placed under their command.

A lazy intelligent person is difficult to get along with and even harder to work with or under, but a lazy IDIOT, who happens to have a moomie who pull a few "Mrs. Gumps" and enable her kid to undeservedly get ahead in life at an early age, is nearly unbearable. A lazy person NEVER earns the respect of those around him regardless of his intellect. Therefore, laziness is nothing to brag about as it is not only rightfully recognized as one of the 7 deadly sins, it is a much looked down upon trait by most all of society regardless of age,sex,religion, race, or socio-economic background. Historically, our greatest achievers, writers, scientists, business leaders, musicians,etc.... thus far have never been lazy.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2008
LOL "mrs gumps" i love it.bouncing and laughing.
October 21, 2008
Yep, we can thank their parents for producing and raising the most useless, self-consumed, stupid, illiterate, entitled, selfish, self-insisting underachievers this world has ever seen.
October 21, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, we can thank their parents for producing and
> raising the most useless, self-consumed, stupid,
> illiterate, entitled, selfish, self-insisting
> underachievers this world has ever seen.

Can you just imagine the slacker moms bragging?

"My Timmy only eats soft foods so he doesn't have to chew"
"Well, my Snotleigh has reversable clothes so she doesn't have to do laundry"
"Oh, Shitford Jr. has never read a book, I read them all to him while feeding him peeled grapes"
"Crappy can't wipe her own ass"
"I'm still breast feeding mine, and he's 20!"
"Stephen Hawking must have had great parents, he doesn't even have to walk. I can't keep my children from moving"

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 21, 2008
I wonder if these parents will be singing a different tune when they are in their elder years and Slackleigh and Slackerford aren't lifting a finger to help take care of them. Might TMIJITW have all been in vain?
Anonymous User
October 21, 2008
"""Crappy can't wipe her own ass" "

hahhahahahahhahahhahahahah
bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing bouncing and laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login