Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1210 Previously Childfree

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1210 Previously Childfree
April 12, 2006
I don't know why people do that to themselves. Enjoy a childfree life then fuck it up for the sake of jealousy and trying to keep up. So wonder who will take care of the kid when she's tired of her little fashion accessory and all the attention and fawning over the little loaf stops? Does she think that kind of shit lasts forever? What an idiot. I hope she has the most miserable existence.
Re: 1210 Previously Childfree
April 12, 2006
Sounds like the one stepbrother of mine who is "relenting" now that his wife is bleating for a baybee after my other stepbrother's wife got pregnant. This one stepbro was very CF. Heck, he even disliked kids more than me, which is saying a lot! He was so livid when a friend of his brought his screaming brat to a barbeque at his house. I bet the SIL, who has a great career, is actually JEALOUS over the attention the other SIL is getting due to her belly swelling. If this one SIL breeds, she and her husband are in for a very rude awakening. Yes, the fawning and attention over the little loaf and the moo does come to an end.
sprogless
April 12, 2006
I know someone in my dog walking group who named her puppy, Mahala. Fine for a chihuahua, but a kid?
Lynn
April 12, 2006

I remember visiting my youngest niece just after she was born in 2002. I was holding her and cooing over her - because she really is a pretty child and still is - and my BIL, my sister's husband, poked my DH and said, "Now she'll be begging you for a baby."

My other BIL (my DH's brother) said the same thing to DH in 2004 when I admired and held his new son, who is the first grandchild in my DH's family. I could plainly see that BIL and his wife were going to get far more attention from DH's parents than DH and I would, since DH's mom had grandbaby-rabies for a long time before my nephew was born.

But guess what? DH and I didn't hop to have a baby in 2002 OR 2004.
Having a baby just because our siblings had them and received lots of attention from our parents as a result would have been a stupid reason!
I'd rather be ignored - as much as it hurts sometimes - than produce a child for them, since the child wouldn't actually be theirs - it would be ours to spend a lifetime raising.

And I get a little disgusted that I can't even admire and hold my own nieces and nephews or any other child without someone assuming that I can't wait to be a mother myself or that I'm going to beg my DH (who is just as CF as I am and has let his family know that) for a widdle baybee.
April 12, 2006
Stepbrother #2, the one whose wife is now whining for a baybee now that other SIL is pregnant, always had an issue with "his" women being overweight. He nagged his wife to lose 20 pounds when they first moved in together. Does he think his pudgy wife is suddenly going to be Demi Moore once she has a baby...if that does come to pass? Between the body changes in the wife and a screaming infant, Bro #2 has no real idea of what he is getting into... Thank the gods it is not me...
Feh
April 12, 2006
What a stupid goddamned reason to have a baby. I'm sure "we had you because we wanted the same attention and crap that your aunt got" will go over really well. Hey! Guess what, Brain Wizard, you can go buy YOURSELF all the crap you want with your disposable income when you DON'T have kids. And there's lots of ways to get attention, that don't involve completely altering your life and destroying your relationship with your signifigant other.

Water Lily
April 12, 2006
Lynn, So true. My in-laws (god forbid) are that way. They've been hinting and teasing again. I also agree with Feh. I could care less if I'm ignored, I'd rather have it that way. BTW, having a cute dog will get yout *tons* of attention, that won't ruin your life, or your relationship!
April 12, 2006
I don't care if I am ignored in DH's family functions. My father-in-law sarcastically soemtimes say that my biological clock is ticking. I reply that I don't care and I'm letting it tick away. He has told DH that he would like to sew us have a child one day and that he hopes we change our minds. He already has one granddaughter and one grandson from DH's sibmings who mind you are both single parents and poor living with mother-in-law, My mother-in-law never says anything about DH and I not wanting babies, but she did comment once that we would have cute babies if we were to have them. Good Grief. I could care less what DH's family thinks of me!
April 13, 2006
I know I do have a little bit of a resentment because my stepbrothers basically ignore me because I am not a millionaire like them with a spouse who has a pedigree like a socialite's doggy. I am sort of the black sheep of the family. Yeah, I made some bad career choices but have done okay with determination. No one handed me a cushy job!

I certainly do not begrudge my brothers' success but it has really gone to the older one's head. The older bro used to be a really cool and down-to-earth guy but he got a big head when he married his pedigreed wife. From what I hear from my mom, this one is really insufferable now that he and the wifey are having that baybee. I will not send any "congrats" when the SIL, whom I never met in the four years she has been with my brother, births that infant.

After the snarky comment to the first-year anniversary card I sent out in 2004, I pay this guy and his jerk wife no special attention. At X-mas, I only send a generic holiday card. Here is to them: angry flipping off
I know...I am not acting mature right now... eye rolling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.