Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Line Not to Be Crossed

Posted by MerlynHerne 
A Line Not to Be Crossed
October 25, 2008
I want to say that I am very happy to be here at Bratfree. I look forward to many more years of posting here.

I notice that at many CF message boards there is a line which is NOT to be crossed and if you DO cross it, you risk vituperation on a MAJOR scale. If you go too much beyond boundaries which I believe are set by what are commonly called "breeder-pleasers", you will quickly end up in big trouble because they are afraid that the childed will be upset by comments of this sort.

My question to the childed is: why do you CARE what breeders think? Why are they trolling sites for the CF anyhow? Is it to find comments that you can get indignant about? I certainly don't bother trolling Moomie boards because to be blunt, breeders are not a part of my world. My advice to breeders? Stay off our boards and you won't have to get upset.

I have found only one board beside this one where I don't have to worry that something I have said is going to have half the board coming down on my case for it. It is nice to see that at least a couple of CF boards are not allowing breeders or breeder-pleasers to determine what can and cannot be said. Thanks, guys for a great 4 months so far!
CFTeen
Re: A Line Not to Be Crossed
October 25, 2008
It ain't just at CF boards either. Just last week on Customerssuck I called some ill-behaved children "sproglings" in defiance of a breeder-pleasing mod. Got a deletion and a warning for for 1: contradicting the Amighty Mod (you'd think I'd insulted his - *ahem* - endowment) 2: DARING to call a spade a spade.

And this at a place with members who've had to deal with countless cases of ill-behaved rugrats and their handlers! WTF?!
October 25, 2008
"Sprog" is a general term or endearment in Oz for kids, if I remember correctly. What's the deal?

Amended to say how much I too appreciate the freedon allowed here for candor.
October 25, 2008
I don't bother to mess around at mommy boards, either.eye rolling smiley

And I like it here, too.^_^
October 28, 2008
This is really the only CF board I post on.

It's the only place where we don't have a backlash of breeders or breeder pleasers who will start mouthing off to us, and where we don't have to watch what we say for fear of us "not playing nice."

It's also the only board where we can hand the breeder trolls their asses and not get banned.

My kind of place!
October 30, 2008
Was the moderator that you speak of named "Ree" by any chance?

CFTeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It ain't just at CF boards either. Just last week
> on Customerssuck I called some ill-behaved
> children "sproglings" in defiance of a
> breeder-pleasing mod. Got a deletion and a warning
> for for 1: contradicting the Amighty Mod (you'd
> think I'd insulted his - *ahem* - endowment) 2:
> DARING to call a spade a spade.
>
> And this at a place with members who've had to
> deal with countless cases of ill-behaved rugrats
> and their handlers! WTF?!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 30, 2008
I signed up on a site calling itself CF a few days ago, but haven't posted yet because I need to look it over some more to determine if it's really a CF site or a site geared toward fence sitters, childLESS, empty nesters, and pleasers. While I have seen some of what I would consider CF type comments, there are also comments on there about people who claim to be CF after having had failed IVF and miscarriages after years of infertility. It's more like they have accepted their infertility and childLESSness than that they are CF, which I am not judging, but if that's the case then I don't belong on there as a member. Maybe I just happened to read more posts of childLESS/fencesitters and they are only a minority of the membership, but I don't really know at this point. However, with topics which appear to lean to the "what if" type scenarios of parenthood and various comments on different topics leaning toward their regret at not having had kyds, being unable to have kyds, completely relating to the childed in a way which I don't think a CF can, their numerous open to adoption posts, or those who consider themselves CF because their kyds are grown and gone, leads me to believe that I do not belong there.

I don't want to post somewhere that I will have to defend my comments and/or run the risk of hurting any peewins, which will likely happen if it's a childLESS site rather than a CF one, even though it claims to be a CF site. While I am not a kyd hater, I am a HUGE shitty parent hater and the only thing I hate worse than shitty parents are self righteous shitty parent wannabees who bide their time until moohood as childLESS who are posing as CF. To me, being CF isn't synonymous with involuntary childLESSness. In my experience, the childLESS NOT by choice are a more sensitive group than the breeders and milkcow nazis combined. I don't have to worry about childLESS members here on Bratfree, thank God.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login