Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why is Halloween for baybeeeeeeeeees???

Posted by Banshee 
Why is Halloween for baybeeeeeeeeees???
October 26, 2008
A glorious supermarket near where I live (hey, it even sells GRAPE LEAVES, clotted cream, and very expensive pickled plums and miso soup mix from Japan, too!) is offering a menu and tips on what to do for a Halloween party (I'm throwing one myself, BTW.) It's also offering pizza service and stuff, BTW.

Guess what the menu and games are aimed at?eye rolling smiley

Wee kiddies, of course.

Like adults have NOTHING to do with Halloween but to cater to the pwecious kyds, right?

Why does your fun have to END as soon as you turn 18? That's really pathetic, IMHO.

What's more, most of Halloween parties around here are intended for the tiny tots, including the one at the library (gee, I'd love to go there, especially when I have no one to invite to a party on Halloween, but too bad I'm over the age of 8) and trick or treating is considered a kiddie activity, though it's in reality so dangerous that community actually got together that "trunk or treat" thing on school or church parking lots. Talk about irony.

No wonder I feel so lonely on Halloween.=P
TangoMaureen
Re: Why is Halloween for baybeeeeeeeeees???
October 26, 2008
Amen. Fuck that shit, I say. FUCK that SHIT. It really grinds my gears that every-goddamn-thing having to do with holidays and such is ALWAYS aimed at the crotch dumplings. What, do we not deserve to have fun on Halloween just because we've reached a certain age? Fuck! In the good old days, chyldrun had trick or treating, and adults had the really fun parties and such. Now the chyldrun have not only TOT-ing, they have the parties, and the festivals, and everything is aimed toward making sure Shytleigh and Asshogle have a grand old time. Screw the kids, let the adults have some fun too.
October 26, 2008
I actually hated Helloween when I was younger, for two reasons...one, because my elementary school expected me to put on a costume and march in circles around the school for 20 minutes (the halloween parade), and also because when I did go trick-or-treating, my mother ended up eating all my candy little by little. I was lucky if I got a couple Reese's cups.

I'm sure she felt that since he dragged me from house to house, she was entitled to most of the candy...and I'd have been happy to share if she asked, but she didn't.

I am ashamed to admit the first time I went TOT-ing with just friends was when I was 17, and that required me to really convince my mother to let me go out at night with a bunch of strange boys she didn't know (I knew them).

And then when the adults try to have a little fun and sneak some Vicodin or needles into the candy dish, the parents get all pissy and throw around a lot of fancy words like "lawsuit" and "dangerous". So much for holiday spirit (end sarcasm smiling smiley)
October 26, 2008
Living in Baltimore, I wish it was more fun- we considered having a party but everyone has plans of some sort or isn't interested in going out.

So, We put on the light, give out candy until the teenagers come in their streetclothes with pillow cases and then put out the light. it's like an invitation to a home invasion once it gets dark but it disappoints me to give up on it and remain dark. So, I drink red wine and watch horror movies until bedtime. Yay.
October 27, 2008
It's like Christmas, Easter, Valentines, etc..........It's ALWAYS "for the chylllldren", although I don't remember that being the case when I was a kyd. Sure, there was Santa, but there were also adult parties and plenty of them. My parents hosted one or more during the holidays and were guests to at least 10 others and NO KYDS were invited(NOR did they attend) There was an office party, country club dances, dinners at friends' houses, and an all nighter or two at area hotels/bars for adults at New Year's Eve where ALL kids had baybee sitters. Valentines meant a small box of candy for us from mom/dad, but THEY went out to eat, alone. Easter egg hunts were common for about 30 minutes or so, but that was after a huge meal that EVERYONE enjoyed. Every other week, or perhaps even more often, on Friday or Saturday night my parents either had friends over to grill out and basically drink, play cards, etc......and we were visiting meemaw or having a sleep over IN OUR ROOMS, or at the other kyds' houses.

These people who are having kyds now act as if their kyd has to be present at everything from adult get togethers, Tupperware and Avon parties, tailgate parties, friends' lunches, and in the ladies' shower/locker rooms at ADULT fitness centers. I don't think it's healthy for the kyds and I KNOW it's not good for the moomies and POSITIVELY is not appreciated by CF or the childed who exercise common sense and leave the brats at home where and when they belong there.
October 27, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>>
> These people who are having kyds now act as if
> their kyd has to be present at everything from
> adult get togethers, Tupperware and Avon parties,
> tailgate parties, friends' lunches, and in the
> ladies' shower/locker rooms at ADULT fitness
> centers. I don't think it's healthy for the kyds
> and I KNOW it's not good for the moomies and
> POSITIVELY is not appreciated by CF or the childed
> who exercise common sense and leave the brats at
> home where and when they belong there.

I hate to sound like a broken record but not only do the breeders drag brats every where, they even bring them when they are not on an invitation, or worse, it states "no children" or "under 21." These oblivious parents (even the attachment ones!) are so out of touch they do not even see how mind numbingly boring these things are for their snowflakes.
October 27, 2008
Halloween in my town is for the glorious COLLEGE STUDENTS. You know, the beer swilling pizza stuffing ass clowns who still have mommy do their laundry and daddy call the professor to strong arm him into handing out a C- grade. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to shut down the main street (that my taxes pay for) and charge the ass clowns 10 bucks to access it (and the bars) so they can be more effective at "crowd control". This is all in an effort to avoid the drunken riots that used to happen on a pretty much yearly basis.

This year, even though Halloween falls on a Friday, the city is shutting down the street on Saturday. I hope they have fun controlling the Friday riot, because I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 28, 2008
Having been raised Pagan, holidays for us were never about the kids, though the "other" side of the holidays certainly was focused around kids.
As I said in another post, it is because breeders can't wait for a few years and just have halloween for age appropriate kids. Kyds now are a breeders main source of entertainment, so now everything is focused on baybees , including halloween parties and trick or treating.
God forbid they call their former friends and do something with adults in the meantime til their kyds grow up and then they go trick or treating by themselves! So, they spend valuable time making costumes for a one year old, throw parties for a loaf, and walk it around to go trickortreating for candy they cannot even eat since they have no teeth.
Anonymous User
October 28, 2008
I haven't given out candy for a few years, but when I did I always had 2 types of candy in my bowl. I had the good stuff (brand named chocolate), and the junky cheap stuff(nonbrand named lollipops, hard candy, gumballs). The good stuff I would generously give to the kids in my neighborhood who were of the proper age to trick-or-treat, and who had never bothered me or my property. I would give one, measley piece of the cheap stuff to the bad kids, to the kids that were too old, and to the adults with a bag for the baybees I would always give gum or a piece of hard candy to. I knew that the moos holding these baybees really wanted a Hershey bar or an Almond Joy. Sorry moos!
October 28, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> I haven't given out candy for a few years, but
> when I did I always had 2 types of candy in my
> bowl. I had the good stuff (brand named
> chocolate), and the junky cheap stuff(nonbrand
> named lollipops, hard candy, gumballs). The good
> stuff I would generously give to the kids in my
> neighborhood who were of the proper age to
> trick-or-treat, and who had never bothered me or
> my property. I would give one, measley piece of
> the cheap stuff to the bad kids, to the kids that
> were too old, and to the adults with a bag for
> the baybees I would always give gum or a piece of
> hard candy to. I knew that the moos holding these
> baybees really wanted a Hershey bar or an Almond
> Joy. Sorry moos!

Brilliant. We just bought really boring candy so we wouldn't eat it. I'd wager not too many moos are going to want Nerds.....

"You can't slit the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve."
-Al Swearingen
October 28, 2008
I never understood the whole desire to bring Junior EVERY.WHERE.

Don't these Moos want to get away from their squalling little maggots and *gasp* have fun for the first time since they conceived their widdle muffin?

Oh no, my bad...that would mean no attention-whoring, no baby-stalking, no drama when one of the more brazen partiers tells her to leave and she demands equal rights, and no overall ruining the evening for everyone so, when people go home, they'll remember the party not for the fun aspect, but for the screaming toddler someone brought.

Even if a kid is the most well-behaved child in the world, their mere presence at an adults-only function thoroughly kills the mood.
October 28, 2008
OMG BratBgone, in the past I used a multi-tier candy system too, bouncing and laughing operated in pretty much the same way! It was more an award/critique for costume quality and effort.

1. High quality home-made with quirky and original details: "Fun Size" Snickers (even with the good stuff I'm cheap)

2. Poor quality home-made: individually wrapped chocolate toffee

3. One of those cheapo store-bought Spiderman, &c. plasticky costumes: lollypop for you! Yay! One of those with the loopy string handle that are also seen in a kiddie container at the bank tellers' window, where nobody takes them! Made in China from the finest of lightly filtered colored water and various chemical flavors.

4. Partial costume: mini pack of Sweetarts

5. No costume: bowl-dig for half a handful of the linty loose candy corn at the bottom

I usually actually gave each kid more than 1 piece of candy, (supplementing from the separate cheap hard candy bowl) but these were the general parameters or "baseline" bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
October 28, 2008
My biggest character flaw is passive-aggressive behavior, even with trick-or-treat.blushing
October 28, 2008
Cambion Wrote:
> I never understood the whole desire to bring
> Junior EVERY.WHERE.
>
> Don't these Moos want to get away from their
> squalling little maggots and *gasp* have fun for
> the first time since they conceived their widdle
> muffin?
>
> Oh no, my bad...that would mean no
> attention-whoring, no baby-stalking, no drama when
> one of the more brazen partiers tells her to leave
> and she demands equal rights, and no overall
> ruining the evening for everyone so, when people
> go home, they'll remember the party not for the
> fun aspect, but for the screaming toddler someone
> brought.
>
> Even if a kid is the most well-behaved child in
> the world, their mere presence at an adults-only
> function thoroughly kills the mood.

People claim they can't get sitters! Seems like the easiest job in the world if you can stand the little bastards, and a quick buck- so are the parents cheap or are the teenagers not willing to give up the party just yet?

"You can't slit the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve."
-Al Swearingen
October 28, 2008
We buy decent candy because we like to eat as much as we give out (and for the lurking breeder trolls here, NO - hubby and I are not overweight).

We also keep Hershey's Kisses for the little tiny tots that come by, rather than hand out a larger size candy bar to them. Those are given to the older kids.

Kinda like buying large dog treats for a toy poodle. It just doesn't make sense. LOL
October 28, 2008
Wow- in Baltimore we don't even get that many kids. No wonder I've forgotten what it's like. You've got them stratified and everything.

-Al Swearingen
I would have no trouble making sure I had plans on Halloween and if I didn't, I would pull the drapes and just not answer the door, but unfortantely my hubby is too nice, and he insists on handing out candy, and the good stuff too, and lots of it.

I just can't take the kids who are
--too young
--too old
--too rude
--don't even say trick or treat, let alone thank you.
--come with their parunts even tho there's a hoard of them of various ages where they would be 'safe' from 'stranger danger'
--just ring the bell and stare at you giving them candy and walk away.
--come too early and are old enough to go out later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login