Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Selfishness = Nothing in my world

Posted by annie35 
Selfishness = Nothing in my world
October 30, 2008
We offered to buy SIL a bed for her shitling, if we don't it will sleep in the floor and I see no reason to make a baby suffer because moo is a selfish lazy breeder.
So she emails me a picture of a $800 bed. I told her the limit is $300.
She is throwing a breeder fit, so everytime she throws a fit the limit goes down by $100. She is down to $100.
We try to be nice and help since they are broke, and she tries to take advantage. She quickly found out in my world, that a fit = loss of benefits.
She will be down to nothing, if I hear one more fit.
How dare her be such a selfish little bitch. If someone offers to help you, you graciously take what it offered and make it work.
She said, well you have the money. It is not about if I have the money. It is about, trying to take advantage of my generousity.
Re: Selfishness = Nothing in my world
October 30, 2008
"Well you have the money"?!?

Yeah--likely because annie35 worked hard for it using her brains and talent!

It belongs to her!--and any generous gesture such as a $300 bed should be accepted with gratitude! A little humility wouldn't hurt either.

Good Lord.
October 30, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Well you have the money"?!?
>
> Yeah--likely because annie35 worked hard for it
> using her brains and talent!
>
> It belongs to her!--and any generous gesture such
> as a $300 bed should be accepted with gratitude! A
> little humility wouldn't hurt either.
>
> Good Lord.

She thinks my success arrived in a package on my front door step.
She pissed me off so bad, that I had to leave the room. I haven't been that mad in a very long time.
I am still fuming and need to go kick box or something after work.
October 30, 2008
Unbelievable. Expect another fit, and a savings of $300. $800? Shove it up yer ass, bitch.

"You can't slit the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve."
-Al Swearingen
October 30, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> Unbelievable. Expect another fit, and a savings
> of $300. $800? Shove it up yer ass, bitch.

Trust me, her ass is big enough to fit a whole vault into.
October 30, 2008
Your SIL needs to DIAF, and quickly. Fucking hell... hitting over the head with a hammer
October 30, 2008
Where the hell was this bitch raised?! She has absolutely NO MANNERS, does she. How presumtuous and rude to make such demands when someone is doing you a favor. I see why they're broke. They've gotta have champagne on the beer budget, eh? And how old is the worm? Won't it just grow out of the damn thing anyway? This shit makes me sick, I'm sorry you have to deal with it.
October 30, 2008
Annie, this crap really burns me up....you sound like such a caring, generous person. A lot of your posts really display what kind of person you are. You were the one throwing the tailgating party and that was another glaring example of breeders taking advantage of your generosity and bitching unnecessarily instead of putting on their big-boy and big-girl pants and acting like adults.

I am blown away by the repulsive selfishness of your SIL. $800?! What a _bitch_. I would be grateful if someone even made the offer! Was this jackass raised in a BARN??

And the "you've got the money" comment? Utterly ludicrous! Tell this bitch to tie a couple of her pants together and make a hammock for the poor loaf - the loaf that would have benefited from your generosity!

Don't let people like this ungrateful, selfish hag ruin your good nature. I'm sure you have other people in your life who appreciate you!
October 30, 2008
It is not worth spending more than the minimum on things like baybee clothes and furniture since the kyd is going to outgrow it in no time. I'd get them a futon and a cheap frame. I got a full-size pillow-top futon (the second most pricey one) and an inexpensive but nice wood frame (that folds into a couch) for my grandfather to use, and it cost just under $650.
October 30, 2008
$800 for a chyld's bed?! It's not one of those adjusta-matic things is it? With the hand-held control to raise the head, raise the feet? For $800 it'd better raise the bloody kid.

I swear if my sis sent me a hopeful picture of an $800 bed after my generous offer, my only response would've been to send her a picture of $800. Cos that'd be the closest she'd ever get to having it.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
October 30, 2008
Those adjustable Craftmatic or Sleep-number beds cost thousands of $, not hundreds, and you do NOT get one for a BAYBEE. It's like getting a water-bed for one.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 30, 2008
Yeah, I agree with poofy_puff; it's just not worth spending the money for a kid who won't know the difference. If it were me I'd likely get one from a thrift store and paint it and put pretty designs all over it. Even $300 seems pretty high to me. Really high. Here's an absolutely beautiful, super-frilly cherry-wood-style bassinet with a canopy frame for $181: http://www.bizchair.com/00829-bgr.html?utm_campaign=NexTag&utm_medium=Comparison&utm_source=nextag.com&utm_term=Cherry%20Elegance?%20Round%20Bassinet%20w/%20White%20Eyelet%20Bedding%20

Here's a whole page of nice cribs starting at $99, with many just a little over $100: http://babies-kids.pricegrabber.com/baby-cribs/p/1454/

Not to malign your SIL, but I do wonder if all of the $300 was gonna go towards a bed.
October 30, 2008
It's difficult to comprehend how someone could be so greedy and selfish as to demand a more expensive item that is offered as a gift in the first place. It's ESPECIALLY appalling too that she would rationalize her bad manners by saying that you "had the money", like that makes any difference what so ever. I have never had that happen where I offered to give something because the person couldn't afford it and then have them ask me to add to the gift, but if I did I think I would say the first thing which popped into my head when I read this post:"Well, it appears that my gift is not adequate to meet your needs, so I withdraw my offer". Wild horses couldn't make me offer them anything else for a long long time, if ever. An obligatory and small gift at holidays, etc....would be all they ever received from me in the future. I would also purposely refrain from giving them ANY money, even as a gift, and if I gave them a gift certificate I would make CERTAIN that it was at a place where the policy was store credit ONLY and no cash refunds.
October 31, 2008
SIL called, and she thought it over and feels that my offer is generous. I confirmed with her that is is now $100. She thought a temper tantrum would make me change my mind and now a fake apology.
She is lucky she is getting the $100, but my word is my word and she only threw 2 fits. I taught her a life lesson that her parents never did, the one about throwing fits and getting punished not rewarded.
She has a whole new attitude now.
I still think she is a selfish princess, and I hope her labor is painful and they run out of pain killers.
Catabat
October 31, 2008
At least she apologised. Maybe she'll learn from now on that she plays ball nicely with you, or you'll shove the bat up her arse.
October 31, 2008
Nice going, annie.

"You can't slit the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve."
-Al Swearingen
October 31, 2008
I'm glad you held your ground, Annie. And there's the added bonus that she'll be reminded of your life lesson every time she sees that bed. Congratulations.
deegee
October 31, 2008
Nice going, Annie. And I agree with what you did and what the others here have said.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> "Well you have the money"?!?

LOL! I'm sitting here with my wife. Drinking a Sapphire martini, and sort of hoping no brats show up for candy before we go to an "adult" Halloween party.

I read the original post to DW and when I read the part about "having the money", she said, "OH NO SHE DI'INT!" :cool
October 31, 2008
You're a lot more patient and generous than I could ever be, Annie!
November 01, 2008
Hopefully SIL will have been taught a valuable life lesson because of this.

I agree, that cherrywood bassinet is lovely--and the price is definitely right. Man if stupid SIL pregmoo had been less greedy, she could have easily afforded it. Oh well. Bed. Made.Lie
November 03, 2008
You aren't giving her the money, are you? You are giving her a bed, right?
I wouldn't trust her with money. She'd conveniently "lose" it on smokes and lotto tickets.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
November 03, 2008
Selfish cunt. This is why I don't go to baby showers or weddings, nor do I buy ANYTHING related to a kid-type gift.

BUT...I did buy my good girlfriend a new mud brush for a new horse she just rescued. She was SO appreciative. It's the little things, and it's so nice to see something so seemingly small make a difference.
November 03, 2008
No cash for her, she wold spend it on a purse or hair cut and manicure.

She is not responsible enough to have money given to her.
Anonymous User
November 03, 2008
You sure it is a man i cure??

(g,d,&r)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login