Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1223 School Board

Posted by CF Scorpio 
CF Scorpio
1223 School Board
April 14, 2006
Freaking hell! If I were Donna Brown, I would sue. Although I can understand the school board's reasoning that a parent with kids currently in the school would be the best choice because they'd have a direct interest in the school's workings, at the same time, Brown makes a valid point that she contributes in taxes. Also, if the state doesn't require a school board member to be a parent, then why is the school board requiring it? Plus, it IS illegal for an employer to discriminate against someone on the basis of whether or not they have children. (At least in the U.S. I don't know where "Winnebago" is - is it in the U.S. or Canada?) As long as she does a good job, that's all that should matter.
Feh
Re: 1223 School Board
April 14, 2006
I agree, this is total b.s. and just another way breeders use to control things. I mean, how can someone without children POSSIBLY even begin to understand TMIJITW????!!! It's soooooo haaaaaaaarrrddd....
Plus, what about all those childfree teachers out there? I know several folks who happily work with the children of others, without having any of their own. Folks who don't have children generally seem to have more of an ability to process information, look at an issue from all sides, and reason things through.
anonymous guest
April 14, 2006
They talked about balancing the board? If that is the case, getting a CF person in there WILL balance the school board with a diversity of people. Appearently these school board officials have been dumbed-down when they bred, since it's appearent that they can't think straight.
April 14, 2006
childfree will follow what they feel is right rather for the sake of thier children,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Earthlover
April 14, 2006
The school board is a compilation of all tax payers views. As such, a CF person should be allowed on the board to represent all CF tax payers views in regards to school issues or more particularly, school SPENDING! While most with kids on the board will want to put forth a referendum for a 75 million dollar school complete with an olympic sized pool and etc, the CF boardmember will actually be trying to find ways to make the best use of existing school facilities and tax payers dollars so as not to increase school property tax spending. They will cut out frivilous classes and demand studies done on demographics and future class sizes.
Water Lily
April 15, 2006
What does "TMIJITW" mean? I have to sound dumb or niavè, but I'm really just curious......
April 15, 2006
the most important job in the world. (i had to ask that myself once)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.