Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having a big brother...

Posted by Soulie 
Soulie
Having a big brother...
November 19, 2008
OMG, the Dailymail (you know, that pronatalist english rag that rarely posts antinatalist comments) actually posted my comment!

Please read the article, it's about how having a big brother cuts your chances of having kids of your own and THEY POSTED MY ANTI-NATALIST REMARK *bounces off the walls*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1087131/Having-big-brother-cuts-chances-children.html#comments
Re: Having a big brother...
November 19, 2008
This comment made me chuckle:

bouncing and laughing

"Then how come my dumb younger sister can't stop getting pregnant? Me and my four brothers want to know!"
- Adam, New York, USA, 19/11/2008 9:04
November 19, 2008
Just added a comment myself!:sw
November 19, 2008
Studies, schmudies. more rot from the Daily FAIL.
Matush
November 19, 2008
Heh. I have 3 older brothers. Does that mean I'm completely infertile? (PRAYING)
Anonymous User
November 19, 2008
Huh, I thought the article was going to say something like having brothers leads to less children because the sisters grow up seeing what lazy useless-around-the-house asses many men are, and therefore choose to be childfree!
Anonymous User
November 19, 2008
Arctic_Fox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Huh, I thought the article was going to say
> something like having brothers leads to less
> children because the sisters grow up seeing what
> lazy useless-around-the-house asses many men are,
> and therefore choose to be childfree!

^^^ I like it aLOT! bouncing and laughing
November 19, 2008
I don't even have a brother. Should I start worrying now? doh face
November 20, 2008
".....It is thought the phenomenon has its roots in the womb - and that the physical cost of carrying a boy may take so much out of a woman that the health of her next child suffers.
Sheffield University researchers made the link after looking at birth, marriage and death records of three generations in pre-industrial Finland...."

Pre industrialized Finland? shrug Well, with that type of extensive research with carefully documented data available, I am certain that the results were nothing less than 100% accurate. eye rolling smiley Uuuummm, possibly for Finland, for that particular famblee, and during that particular time period, and based on their limited data sources, possibly. I HATE it when "researchers" make claims that are preposterous and liken their findings to undisputed facts. I'd also like to know what they base the claim on regarding a male baybee "taking so much...." out of it's moomie as opposed to a girl-grat and where on God's green earth they get the idea that subsequent births would be less healthy due to that. Also, if having a golden boy takes so much out of moomie, would this not then affect ALL kyds born after ANY boy-kyd, regardless if he was a first born? None of this "research" even makes any sense for the time period that they "studied", and even if it did it has NOTHING to do with modern society.

My guess would be that the data was incomplete, at best. It's highly likely that acquiring a first born "golden boy" was more important then than it is now and that other births and deaths, ESPECIALLY of girls-brats, very likely went undocumented. It kills me how a reputable university could allow such shit to be published and call it "research". Some professor must have been due to be published in order to keep his tenure or something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login