Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another school rant

Posted by Krishna 
Krishna
Another school rant
November 21, 2008
I figured I would start a new thread. I know a woman in Florida who picks up her middle-school daughter every freaking time the girl whines of a tummy ache, sneezing, or menstrual cramps. I can understand cramps but this is a weeklythink. The mother is cying at her two children's parent-teacher conferences as the girl in kindergarden had to repeat Grade K from last year and the older daughter cannot seem to pass English & math.

The mother is enabling her children and setting them up for failure. It is not the fault of the school. The older child does have a cellphone and is always calling Mommy to pick her up. I posted many moons ago when my friend and I were going out to lunch. Of course, this kid just HAD to call saying she was sick but then said she only wanted a Mommy & Daughter Day. As if the child does not see her moo every day at home as the woman is on assistance and does not work.

I was a good egg about it and talked to the child about science which she liked but I hated being the one to entertain the child while the other women chatted during lunch. Never again will I be a part of that sort of thing! I hope my husband's house does sell in Florida. This is what his taxes are going to: p!ss poor students and their lack of education. His taxes went up $300 a month last year...and for what? To keep on trying to educate these failures.

I had to be really sick to be home from school back in the Day. Forget about using my menses as an excuse as I was told very quickly how many girls went to school and women went to work despite their periods. A tum-tum ache did not do it, either. I had to be running a fever or hav a horrible cold to get out of school.
Krishna
Re: Another school rant
November 21, 2008
Typo city: Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

Weekly Thing

Crying

Kindergarten

I guess I should not feel too bad. At least, I did not flunk English and can find my typos where this acquaintance's daughter cannot. Maybe if the girl was in school more, she would not be flunking everything but P.E.
November 21, 2008
Yes, just because the parents make excuses and bend the rules for everything the kid does, they expect everybody else to do it, too.

These kids will be real useful in the real world.
November 21, 2008
I think once in my entire academic life, I stayed home for a stupid reason. I said I had a bad headache and Mom didn't mind. Hey, when you have perfect attendance for seven years, I think it's okay to play hooky once. smiling smiley Usually I didn't miss school for any reason...I have gone to class with colds, bronchitis, fevers, the flu, strep, stomach bugs, horrific cramps and a couple other things. I wasn't trying to be a bastard - I just could not stand falling behind in class, so I made myself go even when I was ill (Mom never made me go to school sick - it was my choice).
November 21, 2008
Crap, back in the day, they had to ORDER me to stay home. I went unless I was sick with bronchitis or something--and when I stayed out, I usually ended up in the pediatric ward. Menstrual cramps? My mum would say "cry me a river" (or words to that effect) and packed me off to school.

These stupid moos who let their kids stay home for every damn little thing are doing neither them nor society any good. But hey, what do you expect? A welfare moo. Says it all.
Anonymous User
November 21, 2008
I had to be on death's door to miss school. I had horrible cramps each month and would sometimes vomit and or pass out from the pain, usually at school. My mom always said if a child is allowed to have poor school attendance then they would have poor attendance at work.
November 21, 2008
This is the result of Mommy being a child's "bestest friend". Mommy obviously doesn't have a life, or friends, and cannot related to adults her own age, so needs a 13 year old "playmate" to keep her stupid lonely ass company.

They deserve to fail and spend the rest of their lives cleaning other people's toilets.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
November 21, 2008
trying to compensate for being a stupid ass placenta brain moo who didn't bother with 'tradition' and got knocked up.

sick little relationship there and a weak, hand-wringing moo.

this is the exact type that will pick a pedophile, and stand by wringing her hands while the girls are abused. (of course, pedophiles pick out moos like this because they are stupid placenta brain weaklings.)
Krishna
November 21, 2008
Amethyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the result of Mommy being a child's
> "bestest friend". Mommy obviously doesn't have a
> life, or friends, and cannot related to adults her
> own age, so needs a 13 year old "playmate" to keep
> her stupid lonely ass company.
>
> They deserve to fail and spend the rest of their
> lives cleaning other people's toilets.

Amethyst, the sad thing if the child is only ELEVEN YEARS OLD. I also think the mother gets something out of picking up that d@mn child whenever she calls on that d@mn cellphone every single time she whines of "not feeling good".

Most parents would maybe pick up the kid 2-3 times and then tell them that the 'gravy train' of leaving school early is over and that the kid will have to be pretty darn sick for anymore absences or leaving before the end of the day. This has been an ongoing thing since I knew this woman from the end of 2007. Kid always had a smug smile on her face once Moomie got her from school. I am sure the kindergartener is next on the Hit Parade to be acting this way as she is already failing. How can anyone fail kindergarten???

As for cleaning toilets, this same girl is going to have to learn reliability to get any sort of job. At the end of 2004 until I got a better job, I worked a second job cleaning a building that was a cardiology center. I cleaned toilets, emptied trash, vacuumed, mopped floors, and dealt with a lot of gross stuff. Despite that ad always being in the paper for this commercial cleaning company, I still had to go through a background check as most of us had keys to the sites we cleaned.

It is not the best job in the world but I don't look down on it because it kept the bills paid until I got on with another company for regular work by Thanksgiving 2004. Most school dropouts do end up with such menial labour but many of us with a decent resume have still resorted to those jobs for $.

What gets me is how my husband's taxes went up $300 a month when G-d knows how much he was already paying as a property buyer just to educate these little you-know-whats. He pays taxes for those kids to get a free education yet those brats are allowed to leave school or not go whenever they do not feel like it. I blame the moos, too. I think the taxpayers should be able to mandate those little creeps to go to class or the mother is fined...or the kid is told not to come back since she hates school so much.

JMNSHO...lurking
The Phan
November 21, 2008
This is how staying home went in The Phan's house growing up:

"Mom. I don't feel well. I don't think I should go to school."

Mom: Do you have a fever?

"I think so..."

Mom: "Well, you know what's good for that, don't you? Run the sweeper. Do the dusting. Clean your room. Work up a sweat. That'll help bring your fever down."

Needless to say, I had a pretty good attendance record.
November 21, 2008
If I puked, I got to stay home.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Krishna
November 21, 2008
The Phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is how staying home went in The Phan's house
> growing up:
>
> "Mom. I don't feel well. I don't think I should go
> to school."
>
> Mom: Do you have a fever?
>
> "I think so..."
>
> Mom: "Well, you know what's good for that, don't
> you? Run the sweeper. Do the dusting. Clean your
> room. Work up a sweat. That'll help bring your
> fever down."
>
> Needless to say, I had a pretty good attendance
> record.

Sounds like my stepfather. He would ask after lunch if one of his boys stayed home from school, "How do you feel?" "Fine," was usually the answer. "Good," Stedad would say, "I will take you to school so you do not miss the afternoon session." grinning smiley
deegee
November 22, 2008
Some stories about my high school days relating to absences:

(1) I was absent for only one day in each of my last two years. In fact, my mom forgot to call the school the morning of one of those days to let them know, so imagine my surprise when the school called home looking for ME lol! I quickly called my mom at work who then called the school so they did not think I was playing hooky.

(2) In a year prior to those near-perfect-attendance years, I was sick but did not want to miss a test becasue the teacher's make-up tests were twice as hard LOL! [Isn't is usually the other way around, a kid wanting to miss school because of a test?] Anyway, my mom and I cooked up this scheme where I would "sneak" into school just to attend the class with the test then slip back out and return home. It worked just fine although we did worry about what would happen if the teacher realized I was illegally PRESENT in school that day. She never realized it. [I actually fessed up to this "crime" 23 years later (in 2002) when I visited her at my high school in her final days before retiring. She chuckled a bit but would not have done anything bad had she realized it.] Later that school year, I tried this again with another teacher but had a bad case of the runs that morning so I could not take the chance of that happening during a test and I stayed home (near the john, of course!).

I doubt any of todays' moos would concoct a plan like this with their kyds, huh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login