Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uncool evening

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
uncool evening
November 23, 2008
Great, we're invited for supper to see some new fuck nugget, another preggers and eat Chinese fondue. I hate all of the above.
Cheese Louise
Re: uncool evening
November 23, 2008
UGH. I don't think I'd have much of a problem saying "Sorry, can't make it."

Sounds absolutely excruciating.
November 23, 2008
I didn't even know there were any Chinese dishes that employed the use of cheese.

Can you have other plans - maybe just coincidentally have great big plans you can't change and can't miss with no further specificity, which may very well be staying home and watching a great movie with a martini? You don't need to tell the latter part, but little white lies can be helpful. smiling smiley

A preggo too? Why do I have a feeling at least once during the course of the meal, Preggo McIncubator will refuse a food on the basis that it's bad for the baybee (all while sipping wine or smoking)? Although it will probably be fun to see how the preggo and the Moo try to one-up one another.
November 23, 2008
It's probably a meat fondue where you deep-fry the meat in hot oil.
November 23, 2008
Nope, there's no cheese and you cook the meat (thin slices) in broth.

http://metro.ca/on/conseil-expert/boucher/fondues/fondue-chinoise.en.html

(I like it, but I prefer fondue bourguignonne.)

I bet the preggo stayed away from the cooking pot, saying it was "too dangerous" for the baybee.
November 23, 2008
We had one in the '70's, my mum used to have people over; it used peanut oil and we did it with steak tips. They can also be desert fondues, with melted chocolate and angel-food cake.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
November 23, 2008
Ohhh, I see...so sort of like what the Melting Pot (restaurant) does?
Anonymous User
November 23, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We had one in the '70's, my mum used to have
> people over; it used peanut oil and we did it with
> steak tips.

This, of course, will no longer happen with fresh crotchfruit in the vicinity because we couldn't possibly get to find out whether the brat is allergic to peanut-stuff...because natural selection is frowned upon in modern society.
November 23, 2008
Cambion Wrote:
> Ohhh, I see...so sort of like what the Melting Pot
> (restaurant) does?

We don't have those here (North of the border), but I checked out their website and it looks like it. Our fondue place here is named the William-Tell restaurant.
Anonymous User
November 24, 2008
The fondue was disgusting. I pretended to eat by leaving a fork in the pot. Luckily, there was plenty of bread, alcohol and cheese. Guess what I had. This brand of fondue is disgusting to my taste: http://www.specialiteslassonde.com/en/products/bouillons/beef.asp

The baby was ugly, but we didn't hear him at all. The father asked only once if anyone wanted to hold him, I said no thanks, I'm trying to quit.

The evening wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
December 03, 2008
I'd politely decline, saying you had an evening of self-mutilation planned.
December 03, 2008
WHY do people ALWAYS want EVERYONE to "come see the baybee"???? In my circle of famblee/friends, it is frowned upon if you don't "come see the baybee". What is there to see? It's a baybee and NO it does NOT look just like you NOR does it look like anyone else on the alleged father's side of the famblee. They ALWAYS want people to say it has it's daddy's ears, or it's paternal peepaw's nose, or it's paternal meemaw's chin, or that it, "....looks just like his daddy when HE was a baybee...." and they have 30 y/o baybee pics all spread out on the table out to prove it. I had two male cousin's baybees to "see" this past week and they did what I predicted. BOTH had THEIR baybee albums out and were comparing their baybees to their 30+ y/o baybee pics.

I think this goes way back before simple testing could prove paternity as some sort of tradition to make the father and his famblee feel secure that yes, this is DEFINATELY his biological baybee, even when in most cases paternity isn't even in question. It's a tradition that irritates the shit out of me. My cousin Kenny has olive skin, course nearly black hair, brown eyes, and a rather prominent (big) nose. His baybee had fair skin, pale blue eyes, a little pug nose, and very fine blonde (nearly white) hair. Yet, as predicted, there lay cousin Kenny's baybee albums with my aunt, the new grandmoo, going on and on about how if you just cover up the hair, the baybee looks "..Just like Kenny did when he was a baybee". I called bullshit on that one (in a nice way)totally against the grain of the rest of the liars and it was as if E.F. Hutton had spoken.

WHY do they insist that we "see the baybee" and then try to force us to lie and say that it looks "Just like his daddy", when if he looks like ANYthing, it's an alien with a toothless gaping pie hole that won't shut the fuck up wailing?
December 03, 2008
I always ask if I can bring my dogs, that usually makes them glad I do not attend.
December 03, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
> Showing off the baby is all about attention
> whoring. If I had a kid.. no if I got pregnant I
> would want to keep it private and not tell many
> people, nor show if off. Then once I had the baby
> I would stay home and hibernate.. no friends, no
> visits, no wanting my mother to babysit.
>
> Rearing children (and birthing them, hell even
> conceiving them) used to be more of a private
> matter.

When I was growing up and someone popped out a baybee, the tradition was for the ADULT famblee members and a few close friends to go look at it through the glass in the baybee department of the hospital. This was the extent of "come see the baybee", up until I was about 15 or 16. No one went to the mother's room as it was assumed that she was sleeping, nursing, or looked like shit and didn't want anyone to see her. Then, several weeks later after moomie's cooter had presumably healed, she would BRIEFLY bring the kyd out to places like duddy's office and to a maybe a church dinner or something, to let everyone "see the baybee". That was the extent of it. NO ONE dragged infants all over creation like they do now with 6 day old baybees facing wind chills in single digits, and dragging them all over crowded malls and grocery stores all bundled up.

Now though, people take infants less than a month old anywhere that adults normally go so that EVERYBODY can "see the baybee". I worked with a girl who checked out of the mooternity ward and literally came right on over to her office and passed the kyd around. The whole time I was wondering how she was even walking, if she had stitches straight up to her asshole, or any number of other gross visuals I couldn't help but get. It's hard NOT to get those visuals because they ALWAYS still have on a mooternity shirt and still look knocked up. I wish that they would just stay their asses at home like they used to do and not come out of hiding until the kid was a year old.
December 03, 2008
I always decline to touch the thing.
December 03, 2008
I never hold them and often don't touch them, either. Babies do not fascinate me in any way, shape or form.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login