Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another doozy on Craigslist.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Another doozy on Craigslist.
November 23, 2008
So I was wondering around Craigslist tonight when I came across this.

Black Cat - 6 years old, declawed, no adoption fee, must go

Our cat Jinks has had the run of the house to himself for too long and the baby's crib is too comfortable for him to pass up. We've tried everything, but can't keep him from trying to get into the baby's room, napping on baby's blankets, etc. He's been a great pet for us and will make a great pet for someone else too.

Jinks is an indoor cat, declawed (front claws only), neutered, house-trained, has current shots, and gets frontline flea guard. He's a friendly, healthy cat that gets along with other cats (he stays with my parents when we travel and they have two cats) and even better with dogs (we have a four year old black lab). Jinks is good with kids too, but when he's had enough, will hide under the bed.

Jinks comes with a small bed he likes to sleep in, cat-box, food, food/water bowls, and the remainder of his frontline flea-guard treatment. I'll have San Juan Animal Hospital fax or mail his shot records to you.

There's no adoption fee. I just want a good home for him. If interested, please call Some Douchebag at blah, blah, blah.

Isn't that lovely.

First they mutilate their cat, then when it gets too friendly with Snotly they just dump it off for free on Craigslist to the first asshole who shows up at their door. They don't even care enough for the cat to ask for a fee to make sure the cat gets a good home. I work at a shelter and you wouldn't believe how many animals get brought in because they're having a baby or even better, the cat likes the kids too much and they need their personal space. Also they did a study that black cats and dogs are usually the least desirable.

I've never heard of a cat being too friendly until I starting working there. Unless it's an outside cat that's usually a problem you want to have.

Fuck I hate breeders sometimes.angry flipping off
me
Re: Another doozy on Craigslist.
November 24, 2008
The dog will be next.

I hate people.
Really?
November 24, 2008
And I'm sure that when they end up dumping him at a shelter, they'll feel justified in their decision because they made a half-assed effort to get rid of him via Craigslist.
December 03, 2008
Jinks has been a wonderful friend to these people and this is how they repay him? They just are willing to dump him off on strangers and forget about him? Do these people not give a shit how traumatized Jinks will be after he is abandoned by the only famblee he has ever known? ALL of my cats were traumatized after I left them last week and went home for Thanksgiving and they remained at home and had someone come over and take care of them all twice a day. These people need to understand that a cat or dog needs more than just food and water and a clean place to shit. I have only ever been forced once by circumstances to give an older cat away and he went to an elderly lady who was a cat lover, who had just lost her only cat, I have known her for 20+ years, and where he will be loved, paid attention to, and well cared for in his old age.

How can people be so cruel? If they MUST self replicate, then they need to teach those kyds how to treat their pets, rather than just give them away. What does this teach their brats if they just give away beings that they once cared for to make room for another more "new" one? My guess is that once the kyd is older, they will buy some poor puppy and wrap a red bow around his neck and take a bunch of pics with the puppy and the kyd around the Christmas tree. Then, they will likely cast him to a muddy backyard with dirty food bowls, a makeshift non insulated dog house, and never look back there except to yell at the poor animal for wimpering for human contact and to occasionally dump some food on top of rained on food and to perhaps squirt some water from a garden hose on top of the stagnate water already in his bowl. I have seen this over and over and over, and it makes me SICK.
December 03, 2008
When I went away for 5 days, I came home and one of my cats had diarrhea for a week. She stays in and eats the same food as everyone else. Nobody else had it. We think it was a nervous thing, because I have never been away that long since she was brought into the house. She is also one of the "popular clique" - the ones who sleep on or near the bed every night - and probably had her whole routine disrupted. There was someone coming every day to do the cat-things, but Gillian/Lucy was not getting her attention and it must have given her an upset stomach.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 03, 2008
AAAW Poofy, your poor baby!!! I hate leaving our animals when we go away. I obsess constantly about them.

Yea, breeders, they all suck. The cat was good enough but now that a shit loaf has arrived, the poor guy has to find a new home.

I personally LOVE LOVE LOVE black cats. They're awesome, outgoing, crazy, and always there to keep things interesting. Our black cat is nick-named The Mayor because he is always in the midst of everything, running the show and showing off.
December 03, 2008
I have 2 black ones- found Echo as a kitten at a bus stop- considered fostering him but the shelter warned that noone wanted black cats. He is my prince and has stayed with me since.

Dixie was in the system for NINE MONTHS for the same reason. Oh, it's so their fault they're black.
Presto
December 03, 2008
I have a black cat too. He is a very awesome cat. I slightly suspect that any annoying cat that was also black had a much greater chance of being killed, therefore being a "good" cat was sort of a Darwinistic selection process.
December 03, 2008
I have several black outsider kitties but only one is completely black and his coat is puffed up like a little black bear cub, he is SO cute. I have SO many cats now, 21 out and 6 in, I am seriously considering doing some renovations and turning my property into a cat refuge. It's not as expensive as anyone might think if you just get them to the vet as they show up. Their food doesn't cost very much either and I give the outsiders leftover people food as well as cat food and they are very well pleased and healthy. I think that with a few minor renovations to a barn I have to make it climate controlled, that I could possibly take in at least 50 in addition to the ones I now have and possibly more. In the two years since the cat famblee has grown due to people dumping them off, I have only "lost" one kitty and I believe it was because some hillbilly mistook her for a rabbit, since she was nearly solid white. I have no trespassing/no hunting signs up but I would probably need to also install a fence around the perimeter to keep asshole hillbillies out.

That way, I could adopt all of the local shelter cats and then some. I don't think that all of these cats are any trouble what so ever and I am attached to each and every one of them. It doesn't take any time at all to feed them and they are all friendly and want to get petted a lot, but I don't consider that "work". I think though that the goal of a cat refuge would be to get them healthy and fixed and adoptable. I would have to get used to giving them away as I have had people ask me for different ones of these and I just can't pick out one that I am willing to give away. Most of these kitties live outside too so I am not in constant contact with them, so I think it takes a heartless bastard to have an inside famblee cat like Jinks and be able to just give him away to a stranger and never bat an eye. I hate people who can do that to animals, especially a beloved family pet like Jinks.
December 03, 2008
This type of shit makes my blood boil. I hope to god that poor Jinks makes it to a family that deserves him. It scares me that they aren't charging an adoption fee, though. I've just recently started volunteering at a cat shelter, and I really just can't believe some of these stories behind cats being dumped. People suck.

Black cats? My parents have always had black cats! They're always named Nicky. When my husband and I move into a bigger house we want to get another cat, and I'm hoping I can get my own Nicky.
CJ
December 03, 2008
Glad to see so many cat-lovers here, especially black ones!smiling smiley I've always had a soft spot for black cats, I currently have two and have had four others in the past. I also have a big dark gray cat, and NO WAY would I think of giving any of them up. Not negotiable.

I volunteer at the county humane society, and I've seen some really sad cases. Back in the spring, a young couple surrendered four cats. She was preggers, of course, and seemed upset to be giving them up. That didn't stop her from doing it, though. All of us that day were pretty pissed about that. FFS, will she give up the kyd when it gets to be a hindrance? Hell, these days that's a real possibility...Truly, it's just a shitty thing to do to an animal. sad smiley
December 03, 2008
Latrodectra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jinks is an indoor cat, declawed (front claws
> only),

Fuckwads! They had the ends of the poor cat's toes amputated, but only the front, so I guess that makes it okay. Gaaah!!!!! Someone should have declawed their stupid brats instead!

I was in Petsmart tonight and they had 2 cats up for adoption. It breaks my heart to see them. I have no doubt some idiot breeders dumped those poor kitties.
December 03, 2008
That is why I have so many. I take the ones no one else wants.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

December 03, 2008
Yeah, as m4p said, declawing involves the equivalent of snipping off all of one's fingers at the first joint...Jeebus, no.

Kim, I think a refuge would be awesome. I have always envied people who run animal refuges. There's a big bunny refuge near us, and a multi-animal refuge not too far away. I can't imagine a better job than to take care of animals all day, even the stall-mucking (compost!). Better than dealing with most people, IMO, that's for sure. Your kitties are lucky to have you and the puffy black one sounds very cute.
December 03, 2008
I LOVE black cats. Well... ALL cats, lol. This is my baby, Oliver. He was a stray kitty that once belonged to a cat hoarder. When he was brought into the veterinary after finally being confiscated, the poor thing had round worm, tape worm, toxoplasmosis, and a cold. He was so thin that I could feel his spine. But he's MUCH better now - he's fat, happy and VERY spoilt. grinning smiley

To the breeder bitch dumping poor, sweet Jinks: a BIG FUCK YOU. I hope you painfully miscarry the next worm. angry flipping off
December 03, 2008
Aww...Oliver is so sleek and happy-looking. Very winsome, mebbe a tad mischievous? Looks like a sweetie.
December 03, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aww...Oliver is so sleek and happy-looking. Very
> winsome, mebbe a tad mischievous? Looks like a
> sweetie.

Oh, he's a mischievous little bugger, let me tell you! He loves stealing things out of my jewllery box and other shiny objects around the house, and his favourite activity is terrorising our basset hound and beagle. But Oliver's a real sweetie, though. Extremely affectionate and adores sprawing across laps and shoulders for extra attention! When he's really happy he likes to "suckle" on the person or blanket he's kneeding. It's very odd. Haha.
December 04, 2008
Oliver is beautiful! He's lucky to have you.
December 04, 2008
oops. had a picture of my 2- CherryBlossom is teaching me how to do the photobucket thingy. Pardon, all.
December 04, 2008
GAAA!!!! CherryBlossom!! He's stunning! He looks like my Sammy, same face, same colored eyes, same mischievous look.
December 04, 2008
And as for the fuckwads dumping poor Jinx, sure, they mutiliated this poor guy and who knows what kind of psychological issues he's got knowing his only means of defense is gone? He's probably got behavior problems, that's their REAL reason for ditching him.

I did a very long, involved paper back in 2001 for a course I was taking. This paper was on why you whould NOT declaw your cat. If anybody about to declaw their cat would read this paper, if they had half a brain, they'd think twice.

As of when I did this paper, 87% of cats surrendered to shelters with behavior problems are declawed. 94% of the cats surrendered to shelters total have behavior problems. The small percentage of behavior problems in cats that are NOT declawed can probably be blamed on their fucktard owners. People don't realize what declawing does to a cat. There is a whole psychological side to it that every day cat owners don't think about. They just don't want their furniture shredded or Junior to get scratched. I'd sooner live in a house with bare sticks of furniture because all the upholstery was shredded off than mutilate any of our cats. Luckily, our guys love their scratching posts. LOL
CFTeen
December 04, 2008
Somebody should send that lazy cow two copies of this essay, one original and one tweaked for her cat: http://jimwillis0.tripod.com/tiergarten/id21.html
CFTeen
December 04, 2008
Why is it always the black cats? We shelter workers have to watch them sit for months waiting for a home, and then watch with broken hearts as half of them get brought back within a few weeks. Always with the same excuses. WHY is it black-colored animals are 'last hired and first fired'???
December 04, 2008
Thanks, RR and KFLL. He's my pampered furbaby. Hahaha.

CFTeen, I don't understand it either. I read somewhere that black cats and dogs are always the last to be adopted, and usually the most common to be dumped off at shelters. It's horrible.
December 04, 2008
I have a ton of black ones. The 6 "kittens" (Jumper, Pearl, Charcoal, Snowflake, Seven, Xerox), Kenya, Clumpy, Cupid, Barack, Snapple, Friday, and I think there's one named "Slim" (it was my aunt's cat, we're not sure if that's the one I got because someone else had them for a while and I'm taking them a few at a time).

Most of them are feral or semi (except Kenya, Cupid, and Friday).

There might be others; I'll have to look at my list which I do not have on me.

I also have a few black-and-white ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login