Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding a new doctor

Posted by annie35 
Finding a new doctor
December 03, 2008
I want the Essure procedure.
I talked to my doctor about Essure, and she said she wants me to wait until I am 40 because she would hate to see me ruin my life with a permanent procedure.
I am finding a new doctor.The bitch is a breeder and thinks she knows what is best for me.
Screw her. I will go where they listen to the patients, not their ovaries.
Anonymous User
Re: Finding a new doctor
December 03, 2008
annie35, sorry your doctor is such a cun-T...here's what I did. When my doc refused to perform the ESSURE procedure on me, after numerous failed attempts of convincing him it was what I WANTED, I started calling gyn offices who had docs there that performed the procedure. At that time, it had just come out and even my insurance co. had to make some phone calls before they agreed to pay for it. Since it's more popular now-a-days, you should be able to find a doc easier. I was very honest about what I wanted, and told them my age and that I just wanted the damn procedure - and I found one! She was AWESOME. I was in, got an exam, blood work, 'counseling' (which is just a formality they have to do, a few questions, literally like 3 or 4, then some info. she had to give to me), in the hospital the following week after my blood work came back clear, in, out, and home in about 3 hours. At work two days later, back in 3 months for my dye test and haven't looked back. :smoke
December 03, 2008
I'm getting one when my next annual comes up! She bingoes me EVERY TIME! And I'm 41!
December 03, 2008
I started looking for a doctor to perform a tubal on me when I was about 22 years of age to no avail. At first they said they would only do it after two kids and/or after I reached the age of 35. I checked around and there was NO DOCTOR anywhere NEAR my location who would sterilize me without my having met those two conditions. So, when I reached the age of 35, I asked that SAME doctor to do it and he STILL said that I might change my mind. It turns out that they just SAY that to women, about the two kyds and 35, because they usually do, "change their minds". The last time I checked into it in my local area was about 6 years ago when I approached 40 and NO DOCTOR would do it, still and EVEN THOUGH I was nearly 40 years of age. I called every GYN in the city and even in surrounding cities and not one would agree to do it.

Some gave the excuse that they would do it had I already been a patient, but not as a NEW patient. My Gyn at the time said he knew of no colleague who he could refer me to and said that, "No doc wants that type of responsibility, should you change your mind". So, here I sit at age 46 with likely ten years or so of fertility left. I looked online last year and did find a facility that would do it, but it is a ten+ hour round trip, they don't accept insurance, and it's cash upfront and costs more than TWICE what other women pay for the procedure after a birth. Also, the clinic also performs abortions and I am NOT in the mood to deal with any pasty faced picketers. It's probably just my area (South), but I have been MAJORLY discriminated against as far as my reproductivity, or desire therein to end permanently it.

So, NOW they are upping the age to 40, that's interesting since it was 35 forever. When will these bastards get it through their thick skulls that SOME WOMEN do not want to give birth and that we will NOT "change our minds"? That really pisses me off and it pisses me off more that a man can simply ask for a vasectomy and get it, no questions asked. What is wrong with this picture?
December 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
That really pisses
> me off and it pisses me off more that a man can
> simply ask for a vasectomy and get it, no
> questions asked. What is wrong with this picture?

A friend of ours her husband got a vasectomy, but they would not do the procedure until she signed a waiver of consent. I find that so stupid. They have 3 kids, so there was no question of polluting the earth with soul suckers, if was a question of if the wife approved.
No reproductive rights unless you want an abortion or to give birth, anything else that is permanent is not up to the individual, sickens me. So there really are only breeder reproductive rights, we get stuck with no options until we conform.
The only options are birth or abortion, God forbid a person do a permanent sterilization.What is one thinking.
December 03, 2008
Aside from NOT always knowing what is best for their patients, some doctors just have that attitude that the patient knows NOTHING. If somebody came to me asking for something, I'd give it to them. If they have buyer's remorse later, then you deal with it.
December 03, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Aside from NOT always knowing what is best for
> their patients, some doctors just have that
> attitude that the patient knows NOTHING. If
> somebody came to me asking for something, I'd give
> it to them. If they have buyer's remorse later,
> then you deal with it.

That is how I feel. I totally agree, I am a big girl.
It is not like I asked her to cut off my legs or remove my liver, I asked for a simple procedure to keep me from reproducing.
December 03, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Aside from NOT always knowing what is best for
> > their patients, some doctors just have that
> > attitude that the patient knows NOTHING. If
> > somebody came to me asking for something, I'd
> give
> > it to them. If they have buyer's remorse
> later,
> > then you deal with it.
>
>
> That is how I feel. I totally agree, I am a big
> girl.
> It is not like I asked her to cut off my legs or
> remove my liver, I asked for a simple procedure to
> keep me from reproducing.

There is actually a rare psychological (and possibly neurological) disorder that I read about in one of my psychology magazines where someone doesn't feel whole or complete without a certain body part being amputated or removed. They are very specific about which one and at what level too like right arm above the elbow, left arm below the elbow,left eye, right index finger at the first joint, left hand above the wrist, with the most common being one or the other leg above the knee. There are actually doctors who will amputate a healthy limb (and have) if the patient and his shrink can convince them that this is the only way they can be happy and if that they don't do it that they will do it on their own. So, if people can have a healthy leg amputated because they want to and are'nt turned down because, "They might change their minds", why in HELL won't they cauterize a fallopian tube, for God's sake?
December 03, 2008
Kim, that is just fucked up. You're bullshitting us.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 03, 2008
God, that's revolting. I respect the discipline and intellect of doctors, whose very respectable degree is something I could not achieve myself. That said, doctors are in the end service providers. If a grown adult requests birth control, it's not up to doctors to patronize them by denying their choice.
December 03, 2008
I have heard of what Kim is talking about, and doctors are pretty reluctant to cut off healthy body parts because it isn't out of necessity (I don't even think it could be considered cosmetic surgery). It's very odd, but it does happen. Some people feel a part of them i alien and they want it removed, but doctors usually won't do it for various reasons...patient regret and potential lawsuit, lack of necessity, possible mental instability of the patient. And yes, sometimes the patient will try and amputate the part themselves, and sometimes it's so mutilated that the limb or organ or what-not has to be removed.

Annie35, I have heard that some Planned Parenthood clinics will perform sterilizations on women as young as 18. Have you tried checking these out? I'm not sure how true this is, but I think it could be worth looking into. There's also a LiveJournal page called CF Resources, where people make recommendations for competent doctors across the country who will perform sterilizations on men and women with no bingoes. If you're interested, here is the link:

http://community.livejournal.com/cf_resources/
December 03, 2008
Kim, I have heard about that too. I read an article a little while ago about a woman (I think it was a woman) who was so desperate to have her leg amputated (after seeing many, many doctors who refused to do so) that she immersed her ENTIRE right leg in liquid nitrogen. two faces puking Obviously, they had to amputate after that. Apparently she's very happy with her life now. Fucked up, but it's true.
December 03, 2008
Personally, I think people who want parts cut off are so sick they SHOULD be put away for good!

But childfree who SERIOUSLY don't EVER want a fuck trophy are not sick like that. Unfortunately, most doctors see women as walking baby cavities, so that is why they prefer to objectify them like that.eye rolling smiley
December 03, 2008
Not only OBGYN doctors are breeders but also counselors and social workers. I had a female counselor tell me I have serious issues if I do not want kids. I want to run from this fucked up society.

BTW, if procedure required was a vasectomy, it would have been probably performed. Women are treated worse than dirt around here and they are not allowed to think for themselves. Someone else knows best...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login