Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gleaming Grandparents - kidlesskim's thread

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Gleaming Grandparents - kidlesskim's thread
December 03, 2008
This was my response to kidlesskim's thread on the gleaming grandparents thread she started over on Annie's board; it was a good one so I thought I could continue it here for her.

I hear you on this subject. Since my brother and his 3 boys live next door to mom, her life is consumed with those kids. I live an hour away and my mom and I were never close - we drifted apart even more after my dad died 9 years ago - but she has no time for me. Any time we DO do something together, the kids are always the focus - at the mall, all the does is want to shop for the kids, etc.

Since the falling out I had with my brother and his wife back in October, she's even worse. I posted about this back on BRATFREE and some of you guys replied. Just the other day she hinted around that she didn't really want hubby and I to come up for Christmas because it would mean the "neighbors" (as I affectionately call them now) won't come over.

I called her the other day, telling her I have 1 vacation day left and did she want to do something. Her reply? "No, I don't think so, I've got all my shopping for the kids done." I felt like saying, "DID I FUCKING ASK IF YOU WANTED TO CHRISTMAS SHOP FOR THE KIDS?????" No, I thought a day to hang out would be nice but I guess I was wrong.

I didn't breed so I'm the famblee outcast. There is no time for us silly non-breeders. My gay friend here at work experiences the same thing with his mother.
Re: Gleaming Grandparents - kidlesskim's thread
December 03, 2008
Better an outcast than a fat moo with hairy legs, nasty clothes, and no life.

I get the same crap. My mom and MIL both feel I might be mentally ill, since I do not crave children. I think I am smarter than the 2 combined, an my only mental illness is PUWSB ( Putting up with stupid breeders) but that is just my opinion.
Re: Gleaming Grandparents - kidlesskim's thread
December 03, 2008
I'm sorry your mom is a twat. there. I said it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login