Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas Party

Posted by annie35 
Christmas Party
December 08, 2008
My husband's Christmas party is this week.
I am so dreading it, I can't stand the breeder talk and the oohs and ahhs over the ugly kids. One of the babies actually looks like a butt.
Well we have to bring a gift for a White Elephant gift. the breeders are going to love us, we bought a PIMP cup ( big black cup adorned with bling and says PIMP on it). It is supposed to be funny, but I know they are going to get pissed when it is opened. I can't wait.
Anonymous User
Re: Christmas Party
December 08, 2008
Heck, one of the co workers is bringing their monster in training 4 year old to the party. I had better hide my marble machine. (serious: I have one in my back room, a techno gear thingumie.
I would prefer to have the chaos toy, but it is too big.
Face it, I like marble machines. (Note: there is/was a huge one at the Boston Museum of Science.)
December 08, 2008
I HATE parties that include kyds ESPECIALLY the kyds of people I don't like anyway. You can bet that they will ALL bring the latest pics and if you are unlucky enough, some will even plop in a DVD of their kyds doing something important, like fishing his pull ups out of the big boy toilet or pissing dead center into a cheerio, which I have learned is the latest trend in potty training boys. This might be a good time to remind everyone how Jon Benet' was abducted right after a Christmas party and that the killer has never been found.
December 08, 2008
This might be a good time to remind everyone how Jon Benet' was abducted right after a Christmas party and that the killer has never been found.

I can never outdo KK's writing. Try as I might, I never will, and I've accepted that. bouncing and laughing

That said, I despise office parties. Business and socializing do NOT mix. It's incredibly awkward--was for me, anyways--and just doesn't work. Miss Manners backs me up on this--she says the best "present" any boss can give is a half day off "and," per MM, "no one said you have to run home and decorate the tree." doh face
December 08, 2008
I don't like people, so I don't like parties because they tend to contain people, by definition. But, I CAN stand the old man I work with, and he usually forces me to make a cameo appearance at our workplace party. I get a plate of food, get my dessert to go, sit there and small-talk while I eat, and leave before they start the Yankee-swap gift-grab. People try to get me to drink, but they don't usually have something I like, and I have to drive home after. I'd rather do some work or just surf the internet.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
deegee
December 08, 2008
I am proud to have never attended my office holiday party in the 23 years I worked there. Besides not wanting to socialize with any of my coworkers after hours, I was always very eager to get the heck out of Manhattan at the end of the day and not have to deal with the limited number of trains after the rush hour. Also, with the party always on a Thursday, we all had to get up early to return to the office the next day. Another small benefit was that the party began at 4 PM so I was always able to get a lot of work done between 4 PM and when I left the office (usually 5:30 or 6 PM) because it was so nice and quiet!

Of course, now that I don't work there any more, that is all moot. However, I do have to deal with my ladyfriend's office party. She moved to New York in 2004 and we attended her mediocre office party that year and in 2005 before she began boycotting it. One year, she chose to be with me at a square dance holiday party (I don't care for those too much but it was better than going to her party) which was on a Thursday night. The other year, she just plain did not want to go to hers on a Friday night. This year, however, it is again on a Friday night and we will go to it. At least it is close by via car and we can leave after staying not very long. My ladyfriend has been having some spats with coworkers the last few months so I am not sure if bygones will be bygones at the party. We are prepared to make a quick exit for any reason if necessary.

Fun stuff, huh?
December 09, 2008
I never attend work parties or anything like that. Most of my co-workers are nice enough, but I have no interest in getting to know them outside the workplace. I have my own friends.
December 09, 2008
OMG, Puff, my boss does the same thing- "at least show up". then I slink back to my desk and do my own thing.
December 09, 2008
My Christmas party for work is this Saturday. It's a first-rate affair at a local, private country club with raw bar, open bar, hors de oeuvres, and about 20 different food stations. Nice ADULT affair, right? Very corporate-oriented, dressy, and professional.

Well, there is a select breeding few around here, one in particular with a daughter about 4 or 5 whom she (and I quote) "wants to start teaching the proper social graces" to.

These breeding few are the ones who will often come to this affair without their husbands, they come with each other and I'm just waiting for the day this cunt brings her daughter to this event.
CF Uter
December 09, 2008
I'm nostalgic for the parties of the 70's and 80's, and probably earlier, where people did adult things like getting :chugdrunk:beer, and having fun69 sex, or staying sober and having fundrinking coffee, orjust had fun Thank youand the Xmas party was something to look forward to. Now, it is just a boring corporate event and 'great' opportunties to meet your co-workers' spawn and say polite things to them and watch your language around them, oh joyeye rolling smiley.

I used to go, now I stay away. I rather just stay in and sleep than go thru that sleeping. It doesn't seem like I miss a thing. Back in the day, I would have felt like I missed a rocking good time.band playing music

I'm so glad that my adulthood fell right in the middle of the decade of political correctness and brat-worship.
December 10, 2008
LOL As a fellow people-hater, and despite that fact, I *CAN* be lured out into a social event that is offering an open bar and fantastic food. Luckily, there are dining rooms upstairs that we secure early in the evening so we can go up there and hide to minimize human contact. LOL

poofy_puff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like people, so I don't like parties
> because they tend to contain people, by
> definition. But, I CAN stand the old man I work
> with, and he usually forces me to make a cameo
> appearance at our workplace party. I get a plate
> of food, get my dessert to go, sit there and
> small-talk while I eat, and leave before they
> start the Yankee-swap gift-grab. People try to
> get me to drink, but they don't usually have
> something I like, and I have to drive home after.
> I'd rather do some work or just surf the internet.
Anonymous User
December 10, 2008
Aw shit, I HATE office parties. Lucky for me, the City is so fucking poor that we had to call off our annual Christmas Dinner, where every single employee shows off how much their kid has grown since last years' Christmas dinner - what a damn bore, kids act so stupid now-a-days. No cooth what-so-ever. I ignore them and don't even look at 'em. No worries this year though. Although I'm still fighting my husband about not going to his. I'm just in no mood for it this year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login