Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Kids = Go Alone

Posted by annie35 
No Kids = Go Alone
December 09, 2008
Every year my dad is in the church Chirstmas play. It has been tradition to go watch him in the play and eat dinner at the church at our own family table, it is a dinner play type thing.
Well this year, my sister wanted to bring 2 friends. That would put my mom over the seating limit for the table. So she moved me and my husband ( since we are 2) to the play on Friday night, by ourselves.
I asked why she excluded us from the traditional family event, she said since we don't have kids and aren't kids ( referring to my sister and her friends and brother and his kids), that we can go another night because it is not important for us to be there as part of the family, since we don't have a family. Pissed me off, now I am not going at all and I am also not going to Christmas. We moved our cruise back, to March and so today I am going to order a ham for my own Christmas dinner with just my husband. It will be nicer anyway.

She excluded us to make room for 2 strange obnoxious 19 year kids, she has never met. All this because we are CF and in her words not as important.
Fine with me, I hate the damn play every year and the food is horrible. Who serves food and no wine?

She has insulted my life choice to be CF one too many times. Today I start retaliating. I am going to start with turning her in for running an illegal daycare out of her home,that is not licensed and over the legal limit of kids allowed by law. I am also going to start notifying the parents of how she really treats their kids, by yelling and cursing at them, and threatening to knock their teeth down their throats. This could not have happened at a better time, my mom is trying to become a Foster parent and I am to be interviewed by DHS as a character witness, the truth of her abuse and battle with depression, pain pills, and drinking are going to sting but it is the truth.
Re: No Kids = Go Alone
December 09, 2008
Childfree or not, that is a TERRIBLE thing to do to a family member. Terrible and unforgivable. Nothing like being tossed aside because you did not breed. My own mother does it to me, too.

Yep, paybacks are a bitch, even for famblee.

I'm sorry this happened to you.
December 09, 2008
Wow annie, I don't even know what to say, except have fun turning her in. She deserves it.
December 09, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Childfree or not, that is a TERRIBLE thing to do
> to a family member. Terrible and unforgivable.
> Nothing like being tossed aside because you did
> not breed. My own mother does it to me, too.
>
> Yep, paybacks are a bitch, even for famblee.
>
> I'm sorry this happened to you.

I am also sorry, your mom does things like this as well.
I am glad it happened, this is the one last push I needed to make me realize, that they are only my family when they need money or gifts for their kids.
December 09, 2008
Oh, Annie... I'm so sorry. What a cold, heartless thing your "mother" did. Un-fucking-believable. I hope she gets everything she deserves. angry smiley
Catabat
December 09, 2008
Fair enough. If she considers some strangers children more important than her own kids, then she obviously won't miss you at Christmas.

On the foster parent thing, you should tell the truth anyway. Foster kids have it tough enough without being treated like crap.
December 09, 2008
Annie, I am so sorry this happened to you. What she did was wrong, hurtful and downright mean-spirited. Shame on her for treating her own family like dirt.

She really should be turned in for the illegal day-care and you should be brutally honest during the CPS interview as well. Mom needs to learn that there are consequences for her actions.
deegee
December 09, 2008
Annie, in the short time you have been posting here, you have surely conveyed to us that you have one really fukked-up family. I am sure I speak for the others here that we feel your pain and hope you can make the best of this latest incident which has put you in a foul mood again.
CF Uter
December 09, 2008
Doesn't she feel like this is an ironic way to treat the fruit of HER womb?

If she brings your CFdom up again, tell her your position may be because of how you saw her treat HER children, and thought you could never act that way your self, so you took a pass at parunthood.
December 09, 2008
This is one of the most hateful, selfish, and worst segregation of a CF family member due to their having not sprogged that I can ever remember hearing about. I wouldn't go either, EVEN IF our spots at the precious "famblee table" suddenly became available again. Perhaps the most rotten is that you likely only suffered through it FOR "the famblee" all of these years, what with the reputation of "church plays" and the accompanying "cuisine" without the benefit of wine to soften the blow. When questioned about my absence, I would say, "I only ever went to spend time with the famblee, but since you took that away, I have no reason to be there".

I am very sorry that this happened to you and my best to your plans of revenge.
December 09, 2008
deegee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Annie, in the short time you have been posting
> here, you have surely conveyed to us that you have
> one really fukked-up family. I am sure I speak
> for the others here that we feel your pain and
> hope you can make the best of this latest incident
> which has put you in a foul mood again.

THIS. Best of luck, annie. This isn't going to be easy but it's the right thing to do.
December 09, 2008
Did you point out that 19 years old is no longer a "kid" either, it is an "adult". Why doesn't your SISTER make a night of it FRIDAY and invite HER friends & they can all be together. 19-yo's don't want to sit with all the old folks either.

O well, what's done is done. You'll probably have a better time without them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 09, 2008
My sister backed out because she is mad about how my mom treated me and my husband. Now it is just my mom , brother and his soul suckers. My sister apologized, she said she never intended for mom to be so mean, that her friends wanted to visit a small town, since they are all from metro areas and she thought it would be a good weekend to visit, that they were suckered into church.

As a result of my mom's attitude, she will only have my brother and his soul suckers. The rest of us are going to be doing what we want.

It worked out for the best, I can now spend my night drinking wine if I choose or doing nothing.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 09, 2008
December 09, 2008
I'm glad to know your sister isn't an asshole like your mother is. It takes quite a pair to exclude your own family from an event on the basis of their reproductive status. It's her loss. I'm sorry you had to deal with that shit, but I'm happy to hear you, your DH and your sister and her friends are going and doing their own stuff. Your mother sounds toxic and it's not worth it to deal with family like that.
December 09, 2008

If she brings your CFdom up again, tell her your position may be because of how you saw her treat HER children, and thought you could never act that way your self, so you took a pass at parunthood.

There's a nice stinger to throw at her!

I'm glad your sister stood up for you at least. What a slap in the face... At least it made you realize what you have to do. You sound like a very strong person though. You can do this and you'll be so much better off. Enjoy your freedom!
December 09, 2008
AWWWWWW, Annie...there are no words.....let Moo be with Son and Soul-Suckers...they deserve each other.

I'd go through with reporting her daycare centre...and make sure the foster thing gets deep sixed as well. She should learn that actions result in consequences.
December 10, 2008
That is so hurtful. Good for you for drawing the line and having your own Christmas. Advantages: all the good Scotch you want plus cigars plus a little postprandial, erm, "gift-giving." Woo!
December 10, 2008
What if you, your husband, your sister and her friends all go together on Friday night instead? That might be a good time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 10, 2008
Ugh, this makes me so angry! What a rotten way for her to behave, Annie. sad smiley I'm sorry you have to deal with that. You'll have a much better time just being with your sister and friends.
I hope your mom enjoys being deprived of two of her own kids due to her shitty attitude.

I've said it before, but all your posts indicate what a strong and generous person you are - and the selfish people in your life just don't seem to care!

I hope things work out for the best.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login