Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ad From TMC

Posted by annie35 
Ad From TMC
December 11, 2008
your daughter is a princess, you know the challenge of keeping her highness happy. Princess Loves Pink is created by a princess mom who's dedicated to keeping up with the fancies of little princesses everywhere.
She takes the royal pain out of finding your princess perfect presents. You can review the goodies by price, type of item, or by princess (Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, etc.)...

And we wonder why most young girls / women are useless, high maintenance, gold digging, uneducated, and lazy. I would say moo cow doesn't want princess to turn out better than her, so she unconsciously conditions princess to be a princess. I think these moos are also in competition with their own children and don't want anyone to know it. I think many are secretly jealous when the kid gets more attention or is prettier or smarter. Just my opinion, but it would explain why so many moms get crazier as they age.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Ad From TMC
December 11, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think these moos are also in
> competition with their own children and don't want
> anyone to know it. I think many are secretly
> jealous when the kid gets more attention or is
> prettier or smarter. Just my opinion, but it
> would explain why so many moms get crazier as they
> age.

I've believed this for a long time.
December 11, 2008
LoveToLurk Wrote:
> annie35 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think these moos are also in
> > competition with their own children and don't
> want
> > anyone to know it. I think many are secretly
> > jealous when the kid gets more attention or is
> > prettier or smarter. Just my opinion, but it
> > would explain why so many moms get crazier as
> they
> > age.
>
> I've believed this for a long time.

Totally.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 11, 2008
This has come up at least once before, but I believe our society has fundamentally changed when it comes to grieving. Grief, in years past, was a very different thing than it is today. Forty or fifty years ago, bad things happened to people on a fairly regular basis. There were lots of horrific auto accidents, farming accidents, industrial accidents and premature deaths of children and adults in the prime of their lives for all kinds of reasons. Parents grieved privately and with close friends and family, and tried to go on as best they could with the job of living.

These days certain attention-grubbing people want to wallow in their plight and milk the sympathy for as long as humanly possible. From candlelight vigils to teddy bears in the fences and roadside memorial shrines, grief has become the latest accessory, rather like the new black. These serial grievers are further enabled by both fellow serial grievers as well as genuinely kind hearted souls who are often being played for fools.

Because these people (and they are 99.999% women) never complete all of the steps of grief (as described in any psychology book) they are stuck forever in a holding pattern. Since grief has become SO public, they can continue to manipulate other people for sympathy and attention, and their sickness seems to be contagious.
December 11, 2008
Yep, jealous and trying to live vicariously thru their kids. Very sad.

Feh Wrote:
> LoveToLurk Wrote:
> -----
> > annie35 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I think these moos are also in
> > > competition with their own children and don't
> > want
> > > anyone to know it. I think many are secretly
> > > jealous when the kid gets more attention or
> is
> > > prettier or smarter. Just my opinion, but it
> > > would explain why so many moms get crazier as
> > they
> > > age.
> >
> > I've believed this for a long time.
>
> Totally.
December 11, 2008
LoveToLurk Wrote:
> annie35 Wrote:
> -----
> > I think these moos are also in
> > competition with their own children and don't
> want
> > anyone to know it. I think many are secretly
> > jealous when the kid gets more attention or is
> > prettier or smarter. Just my opinion, but it
> > would explain why so many moms get crazier as
> they
> > age.
>
> I've believed this for a long time.

Inarguably true.
December 11, 2008
Tiquer Wrote:
> This has come up at least once before, but I
> believe our society has fundamentally changed when
> it comes to grieving. Grief, in years past, was a
> very different thing than it is today. Forty or
> fifty years ago, bad things happened to people on
> a fairly regular basis. There were lots of
> horrific auto accidents, farming accidents,
> industrial accidents and premature deaths of
> children and adults in the prime of their lives
> for all kinds of reasons. Parents grieved
> privately and with close friends and family, and
> tried to go on as best they could with the job of
> living.
>
> These days certain attention-grubbing people want
> to wallow in their plight and milk the sympathy
> for as long as humanly possible. From candlelight
> vigils to teddy bears in the fences and roadside
> memorial shrines, grief has become the latest
> accessory, rather like the new black. These
> serial grievers are further enabled by both fellow
> serial grievers as well as genuinely kind hearted
> souls who are often being played for fools.
>
> Because these people (and they are 99.999% women)
> never complete all of the steps of grief (as
> described in any psychology book) they are stuck
> forever in a holding pattern. Since grief has
> become SO public, they can continue to manipulate
> other people for sympathy and attention, and their
> sickness seems to be contagious.
> .

This is very true and they no longer even seem to pass on through what would be considered a "normal" grieving process where ACCEPTANCE is the ultimate goal. They mostly seem stuck between the denial and anger phase and the "why me"?? phase of grief, with a dash of the stage where they look back on old memories or times in a reflective way. Another trend that I have noticed with breeders is that whenever their kyd is killed by a stranger abduction, or a newly released criminal moves into their subdivision unknown to them, or drowning in a public pool, etc......They almost IMMEDIATELY start up some foundation for allllll of the other chhyyyyldrun who MIGHT be spared getting eaten by a shark on rainy Tuesdays, or some other such nonsense. We have "Amber Alerts", thanks to a poorly supervised by peepaw welfare kyd, we have "Polly Klass" laws on the books for all the moomies who take so many sleeping pills and leave their windows and doors unlocked so that maniacal men can wisk their kyd away undetected, etc........I am surprised we don't already have a "Is your kyd still strapped in his rear facing carseat????" flashing billboards in every major city.

There are SO many "foundations", Megan's laws, Amber Alerts, etc.....that pretty soon no one is even going to know which one is which. It's all a political stunt to garner votes and support and it's a "feelgood" thing for moomie to do. There is only one John Walsh, but every moomie who misplaces her kyd wants the next big news special about HER brat on TLC.
Anonymous User
December 11, 2008
The whole princess trend is a bit sinister to me. Princesses are just cute, fluffy, nubile little things who get married off to some handsome prince. Little girls should be aspiring to be the Queen, who, in fairy-tale tradition, actually has some power to create changes. Oh, but Queens are usually older, and not sexy, and not fun, so Widdle Pwincess just can't be queenly, can she? She can just be cute and pink and wave her magic wand around and everything will be alright!

Telling your daughter constantly that "she's a princess" only fuels the entitlement mentality that your kid is somehow "royal" or "special" or "superior" to the other kids. The girls who are catered to as "princesses" are going to be the ones who wind up terribly spoiled and expect everyone to pick up their slack. (Just ask my sister :/ )
Kaia
December 11, 2008
Married with Rabbits,

I saw a show on TLC about Purity Balls and thought the same thing. It should be the Future Entitlement Whores of America Ball.

Kaia
Kaia
December 11, 2008
Married with Rabbits,

I agree, it's really creepy. Some of the girls were as young as 3, they don't even know what sex is yet. One girl about 8 wore a sleeveless red dress and a ton of makeup to the purity ball, irony is an understatement. Another thing that creeped me out was at the end of the show when they did the follow up on the older girls. Most were engaged or married to men they'd known only a few months. One married a guy in the military she'd known two months and after they got married the guy went to Iraq shrug The dad's freaked me out too, these guys are freakin obssessed with their daughters sexuality.These fundie's are nuts.

Kaia
December 12, 2008
This shit is some weird fetish with the parents. There is no other rational explanation.

I have 2 words for these people: JonBenet Ramsey.
CFTeen
December 12, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
> That's disgusting, Annie.
>
> I have to add this. Do you know they are playing
> up the "princess" role with girls in the Christian
> community now? They have story books with some
> girl character they call a princess and they
> market the accessories to kids (Saw this in
> passing at a bookstore.) They even have a hot pink
> princess Bible! It has a fucking princess crown on
> the cover.

I've seen just this kind of garbage at a local Parables store. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Someone seems to have forgotten that once upon a time, women were treated like property instead of people - often even if you WERE a high muckey-muck! That princesses were often married off to some slobbering idiot seal the deal on a peace treaty or trade agreement. And that very often royal families had all sorts of diseases caused by genetic breakdown due to chronic inbreeding.

One thing that crosses my mind about the 'Princess' junk is that it's an excuse to pretend you're a super-powerful SOB who can lord it over the peasants. I wonder...
December 12, 2008
Kaia Wrote:
> Married with Rabbits,
>
> I saw a show on TLC about Purity Balls and thought
> the same thing. It should be the Future
> Entitlement Whores of America Ball.
>
> Kaia

Purity Balls are horrifying. To me they seem like "Daddy Owns My Genitals Till He Sells Them To A Boy" dances. They're creepy and wrong. No teen girl should be having that sort of psudo-romantic relationship with her father.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 12, 2008
I just took a look at that "Princess Loves Pink" site and it's nothing more than a big online ad for "princess" type toys and accessories.

"Top 5 hottest Princess gifts for 2008"
Barbie & The Diamond Castle Dolls
WHY: The tunes in this movie are so catchy and the dolls sing ‘em. They also win “best princess outfit on a doll” award. FOR: Friend’s kids (as mentioned, these dolls sing.) BUY: Princess Liana Doll $14.99 Princess Alexa Doll $19.99 Barbie & The Diamond Castle DVD $10.99

A Set of Dress Up Clothes
WHY: Playdate’s at your house when there are enough getups to go around. FOR: The girl (and mom) who loves to host playdates. BUY: Royal Dress Up Trunk 21 Pieces (lotsa pink!) $59.99

A Play Castle
WHY: Hours of pretending. FOR: Any 3-7-year old you want to really Wow. BUY: Melissa & Doug Folding Castle $57.62 EXTRA: The Matching Royal Family Doll Set $19.24 ALSO: Magic Castle by Playmobil $129.99 (pictured).

A Pink Digital Camera
WHY: It’s my own camera! It’s pink! Mine! FOR: Any preschooler with snap-happy parents who won’t let her touch their grown-up camera. BUY: VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera, Pink $39.99

Pink Glide-to-Ride Bike
WHY: Kids can get the hang of balancing, then you attach pedals so they can learn to ride a two-wheeler. Very cool. FOR: Girls ready for their first 2-wheeler. BUY: Playskool Glide to Ride Bike $100.89 (pictured). ALSO: PV Glider $99.00

BONUS: Princess DVDs!
WHY: Happy Princesses in the playroom. FOR: All! BUY: The “new” Sleeping Beauty $10.00 Dora Saves the Snow Princess $14.99 Enchanted $19.99 Shrek $14.99

Magic Castle, ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE DOLLARS? (and 99 cents, plus tax) I wonder how many "princess'" have this toy on Santa's list? They could easily spend several thousand dollars for their "princess" to acquire the whole damned kingdom, what a HUGE waste of money. ANY TWO kyds under the age of 10 could have an ENTIRE "Santa Claus" for the price of just ONE "Magic Castle" toy. NO WONDER breeders have to stand in line for hours to get Christmas freebies for their brats, they want WAY too much junk. When I used to buy "Santa Claus" for my stepkyd at those young ages, I NEVER spent over $50-75 and she had a PILE of shit under the tree.
December 12, 2008
Maybe one day Princess will get a pink gun and blow her goddamned head off when she realizes that the rest of the world, unlike her doting parents, will not tongue wash her dumper.

http://christyhulsey.wordpress.com/2007/10/10/pink-remington-shot-gun/

--Me
December 15, 2008
The whole Princess thing is sadly, part of the big Lolita trend going on lately.

It's 21st century and the whole world is very obsessed with dewy-eyed little nymphets in such pretty, stylish clothes (anime schoolgirls, Bratz, Britney Spears and all other prostitots spawned by Disney, child beauty pageants, suggestive underwear for the underaged girls, etc.) It's a complete pedophile fantasy that glamorizes and grooms little females under 18 and makes any female already into adulthood look (and feel) like dried up old dishrags.

So much for women's lib that was supposed to liberate girls and women - young and old - from idealized (or at least exaggerated) stereotypes.eye rolling smiley
December 15, 2008
How can you have a boyfriend you have never met????????
December 15, 2008
Kaia Wrote:
> Married with Rabbits,
>
> Another thing that
> creeped me out was at the end of the show when
> they did the follow up on the older girls. Most
> were engaged or married to men they'd known only a
> few months. One married a guy in the military
> she'd known two months and after they got married
> the guy went to Iraq shrug
>
> Kaia

I saw this type of thing with the crazy bible bangers I went to college with. They were all very vocal about how sex before marriage is wrong, and they all ended up marrying someone they had known for 6 months or less.
barbara
December 15, 2008
Just as creepy and sexist as those Purity Balls are the Quincearas (the lavish birthday parties for Hispanic and Latin American girls when they turn fifteen) where the girls can be "Princesses" also. At these parties, the girl makes a grand entrance wearing flat shoes and later on she takes them off and the dad puts on her first pair of high heels shoes. Once the heels are on, this means shes now considered a woman in their culture.

And why arent sons included in the Purity Balls?
December 15, 2008
And why arent sons included in the Purity Balls?

Because for some crazy reason, it's perfectly alright for boys to go and have as much sex as they want before marriage. You know, because they're boys and therefor can't be expected to control themselves. It's always on the girl to maintain the precious virginity for some insane reason. Remember, a man who has sexual experience is a stud, and a woman with sexual experience is a slut.

Also, if they had boys at the purity balls, they'd simply be christian themed proms with a bunch of sad sack dads standing around.

--Me
December 15, 2008
Because of the Neanderthal notion that teenage boys are expected to "sow their wild oats" while girls are expected to remain chaste and virginal for their husbands-to-be, so as not to be labeled sluts, and thusly be deemed unsuitable marriage material.

While it once seemed that women's rights organizations were trying to call bullshit on this double standard, these days they seem to be only advocating stay at home mommies getting paid vacation and pension plans.

Sorry, Feh, it looks like we posted at about the same time, with similar comments. As you can see, what you describe are my sentiments exactly.
Anonymous User
December 15, 2008
Hey Feh, guess I must be a slut..... LOL

I too have always HATED that double standard and never really understood the concept/why the difference? behind it.
December 15, 2008
Yeah, MWR, that's the part that makes no sense to me either. I guess there is a small, select group of loose women that "take one for the team," so to speak, so that other girls can maintain their purity, marry, and live happily ever after.

I would also guess these women are unmarried, if there is any truth to the sayings, "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?" or "why buy shoes that have already been worn by everone in town?"
December 15, 2008
Tiquer Wrote:
> Yeah, MWR, that's the part that makes no sense to
> me either. I guess there is a small, select group
> of loose women that "take one for the team," so to
> speak, so that other girls can maintain their
> purity, marry, and live happily ever after.
What do you think all those lonely preacher's wives are up to while Daddy is worrying about Princess' virginity? And of course, there are sluts in school who will have to leave their communities to marry. And Daddy would gladly pony up for a prostitute, because if the Golden Boy doesn't have sex before graduating High School, he'll turn out gay.

>
> I would also guess these women are unmarried, if
> there is any truth to the sayings, "why buy the
> cow if you can get the milk for free?" or "why buy
> shoes that have already been worn by everone in
> town?"
Oooh, some are married. Once the seal is broken, so to speak...it doesn't really matter any more does it?

--Me
December 15, 2008
I have never understood the rationale behind the whole virginal bride thing (remember before the Royal Wedding when Diana was examined by a doctor and announced to be a virgin, how stupid was that?), but guess it has something to do with the archaic notions of male dominance and ownership of women as nothing more than property.

The double standards that abound for male and female sexuality are simply outdated and ridiculous, but that still doesn't stop people from trying to label others who refuse to conform to what is considered to be either "normal" or "expected" behavior, even today.

So society as a whole tries to coerce members into certain behaviors and ostracizes them if they refuse to conform. It sounds like something you'd read about happening in the Middle Ages, except it's probably happening at a purity ball or fundie church near you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login