Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1248 Moo Lunch Rant

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1248 Moo Lunch Rant
April 19, 2006
I'd be pissed about having to chip in for Moo's lunch, and about having no say in the choice of restaurant. I love it when supervisors, who are making more money, choose expensive restaurants for this kind of shit. They whole baby picture thing is stupid. Download a baby picture of "Bat Boy" from the National Examiner website, and turn that in as your picture!

Re: 1248 Moo Lunch Rant
April 19, 2006
This year I was invited to two baby showers in one week at work. I didn't attend either. They were informal gatherings. One asked for a contribution (volunteer bases). I didn't contribute. In addition, I was also invited to a shower for someone's daughter. It was a shower for her daughter who lives out of state. Who in the hell throws a shower for someones's grandchild? Money was collected to buy a gift certificate. Of course, I didn't participate and furthermore I knew ahead of time that I would be out of the office for my department's retreat! I refrain from attending baby showers. Unfortunately, I have to attend showers for DH's family memebrs who breed and that is enough for me!
VLM
April 20, 2006
Nour, you can always take a sick day. winking smiley

Boss, *cof* *cof*, suddenly, I, uh, got this FROG,*cof* *cof*, in my throat. Won't be in today. Konnichiwa, bitches! LOL
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 20, 2006
Nour, I wouldn't go - in fact, I don't go to shit like that. Tell them you have a doctor appt or something to take care of at the bank. That always works for me! ; )
Sherz
April 20, 2006
You shouldn't have to use any of your leave to avoid this. You could have a migraine pop up about an hour before lunch. You might just have to stay behind and recover at your desk, while ranting at your computer.
Childfree Me
April 20, 2006
Wow, I find it really objectionable that someone would make chipping in for an expensive lunch for some cow-irker and bringing in a baby photo mandatory. Whenever I'm told I *have* to do something, and it doesn't involve my job or my health, the rebel in me starts to resist big time...especially when I get an order that's disguised as a "request" (and it involves loafs or sprogs or breeders with entitlement issues).

I would definitely *not* bring in a photo (I'd claim I have none that I wish to part with or can't find any--any excuse will do, but mainly I wouldn't want anyone I work with to have a baby photo of me) and I would decline to participate in this fancy ass lunch. No goddamn way. My money that I earn is mine to do with as I please. If I attend a lunch/dinner/party for a coworker or friend, I'd like the *choice* whether or not chip in for the guest of honor's meal, and if that's assumed beforehand, I feel it's only common courtesy to give someone the opportunity to opt out.

Your boss does not have the right to compel you to attend activities that do not fall within your work responsibilities. In fact, I would suggest that perhaps you drop a note to Human Resources and detail this situation. I don't care what it's for (the fact that it's a baby shower just adds to my anger on the OP's behalf)--making attendance at a lunch that you are expected to pay for that is not work-related seems as if it would be against the company's policies. At the very least, your boss is a rude asshole.

I'd tell him in no uncertain terms that I am on a very tight budget and I cannot factor this lunch into my personal expenses. Or, I'd conveniently get a major headache (as a previous poster suggested) and be unable to attend. I'd come up with something, but I'd be damned if I'd have my arm twisted by my boss into sponsoring some moo for lunch.
Nour
April 20, 2006
Childfree Me, like you, I go WTF? when someone tells me I have to do something that doesn't involve my health or work.

This guy IS an asshole. He brings his teen-age sprogs to work and lets them use the computers of co-workers who have gone home. He doesn't have any tact and makes offensive jokes. He constantly uses his kids to leave work early. And I think one of his kids was in my office drinking beer, but I don't have any clear-cut evidence.

At any rate, they're not getting a photo and, I'm not going to the lunch. I haven't exactly decided how to handle the logistics, though.

Thanks for understanding, guys. smiling smiley
CFADinNYC
April 20, 2006
A picture of my used tampon from my last menstrual flow captioned "potential child" should make them never want to invite me to participate again!!!
Water Lily
April 20, 2006
Tell them you got a big migraine (nothing nocks you out like a migraine) Plus I don't understand that shit about the baby photo. What gives? Stupid moo-to-be should have just have a party at her house with the food on her, not her soon to be ex-coworkers. The freakn' nerve. One of my husbands ex co worker's had a retirement party, but then again, it was on her own expense, because it was at her house.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2006
If I ruled the world, office baybee showers and such shit would be ILLEGAL. If someone wants to give someone a loaf shower, they should do it on their own time. You are there to WORK, not to worship loaves, born or unborn. You do not have to spend money if you don't choose to, and you certainly do not have to part with a personal photo, even if it's being scanned and returned.

And let's not forget that they will also expect you to buy a gift for the loaf if you attend.

About 20 years ago, I was roped into an office loaf shower during my FIRST FUCKING WEEK on the job. It was for the bitch that I was hired to replace, who was still there, training me. After the first day, I knew I could not stand her, and was glad she was leaving to be a SAHMoo.

Anyway, Bitch and my boss were good friends, so my boss organized the loaf shower, to be held in a conference room. She actually got the partners (this was a law firm) to pay for food and crap, which at least was better than being asked to fork over for it myself.

The problem? I was new on the job, having been unemployed for some time. Money was tight, and no paycheck would be forthcoming for two weeks. But the boss said that I had to go, and I could not afford to piss her off and risk getting fired.

I ended up buying an inexpensive onesie thing from K-Mart, and even that was more than I could afford. But when Bitch-Moo opened it, she clearly thought that it was too cheap for her, and tossed it aside.

Since then, I have worked at many other jobs, but have NEVER gone to a workplace loaf shower since. And it's been over ten years since I have gone to anyone's loaf shower outside of a job. They are nothing but gift grabs, anyway. Whogizzashit?
Water Lily
April 20, 2006
What a rude bitch. Onesies, I hear, are suppose to be real practical.
Sherz
April 21, 2006
Once her shit loaf starts shitting out the sides of his diaper, she'll need all of the onesies she can get her hands on. Really, what a rude, unappreciative bitch!
April 21, 2006
Moos are the greediest, most selfish, spoiled and entitled-minded creatures on Earth. So nothing short of the best will do, of course.
Water Lily
April 21, 2006
Sounds like somebody I know...
Anonymous User
April 21, 2006
Jimminy christmas. I cannot believe your boss made you go and buy a gift. I am so glad I work for a major university. The shit would hit the fan if my fuck-nut of a boss(who I'm getting ready to hit with an EEOC complaint) tried anything like that. What a bitch!!!!

"Hell yes I'm drunk! I'm no stunt driver"
-Bumper sticker
Water Lily
April 21, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once her shit loaf starts shitting out the sides
> of his diaper, she'll need all of the onesies she
> can get her hands on. Really, what a rude,
> unappreciative bitch!

Especially if she plans on breastfeeding, because, from what I hear, that makes babies really shit their diapers, and really stain their clothing. Wouldn't want a mess on that expensive kid clothing that he or she (baby) will only wear for 3 monthes...
Anonymous User
April 22, 2006
CFADinNYC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A picture of my used tampon from my last menstrual
> flow captioned "potential child" should make them
> never want to invite me to participate again!!!

THAT'S GREAT !
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 24, 2006
My SIL is kinda like this, but in a very discreet way. Her family has money out the ass, my widowed mother works full time and lives on $23K a year.

SIL and my little brother have 2 boys, ages 2 and 1. My mom adores these boys and buys them cute clothing but because my mom can't afford Baby Lauren or any of the other ridiculously expensive baby wear, SIL NEVER puts mom's stuff on their kids. The stuff my mom buys them sits in a drawer.

Needless to say, this is very hurtful to my mother. SIL was the first born only daughter, spoiled rotten, so of course she was going to grow up and be the flaming CUNT that she is today!
Sherz
April 24, 2006
Sounds like your SIL is a real bitch who doesn't understand, and probably never will, what's important in life. Hopefully your mother will have enough influence on her grandsons to keep them from being little assholes when they grow up. It's funny, my impression of people who dress themselves, and their children, in designer-wear is that they are trying to make themselves look showy on the outside to make up for what they lack on the inside, or hide the fact that they come from trash! THe drug dealer's kids are always the best dressed in school!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.