Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1249 The Onion Article

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1249 The Onion Article
April 20, 2006
The Onion DOES ROCK!!! That site is a plethora of subtle bashings on things people take too seriously.

And yes, I truly believe the pain of childbirth is the least painful interaction you'll EVER have with that loaf you've just shit out. Think about it, from the moment that kid opens it's eyes, everything will be a guessing game or an argument. When it can't speak and starts wailing, the screaming will be painful enough, then you've got to guess what it needs. Then as it can talk and is mobile on it's own, then the fun really starts. Glad that will never be my hell.
Water Lily
Re: 1249 The Onion Article
April 20, 2006
What an awesome websight.
Water Lily
April 20, 2006
Meant site.
TSC
April 20, 2006
I guess a lot of people aren't aware of The Onion: http://www.trainwrecks.net/?p=199 lol. I LOVE that site! Over the years, I've noticed quite a few 'articles' that seem to be from the CF perspective.
Anonymous User
April 20, 2006
I followed the link from the Tranwrecks site to the Naked Ovary...I can't believe that some people don't know that the Onion is not for real! Bwahahahahaha!

Not CF-related, but this is my all-time favorite Onion article: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27656

It is something that Steinbrenner would actually try to do, if he could get away with it. grinning smiley
CJ
April 24, 2006
Not to be rude, but the Onion's article could have done without the rape "joke" near the end. Sorry, but that just isn't funny. Yeah, I know it's a parody, but is rape that amusing to anybody?
Sadie
April 25, 2006
I thought the whole thing was hilarious, that is right in line with my sense of humor. I do tend to agree that the rape was taking it a bit too far, but that may have to do with my own experience with the subject.

Rape isn't a laughing matter, especially not to a 13 year old.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.