Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder Renters

Posted by nowhiggers 
nowhiggers
Breeder Renters
December 13, 2008
Anyone here with experience renting a property to breeders or experience knowing someone that has rented property to breeders? Both or either section 8 or working breeders?

Seems to me everyone I know that has ever rented to breeders has had their property fucked up one way or another.

Yet, all the time I'll see famblies looking for housing online try to use the fambly card to rent somewhere.
Anonymous User
Re: Breeder Renters
December 13, 2008
When my parents decided to move out of the house I grew up in when I was 17, they chose to rent out the property rather than sell it. The first people who moved in were good tenants, even though they had a toadler, they still kept the place in good condition. However their tenancy agreement was no cats or dogs. They went and got a cat anyway. My dad wasn't impressed, but he decided to let it slide because they were good tenants otherwise, and really a cat can't do too much damage. Then about six months later the neighbours got hold of my dad to inform him that the tenants had now gone and got a dog too. That was it for my dad and he told them either the dog goes or you go. They chose to go. Dad says it was pretty funny a few months later, when they rang him begging to be let back into the house, because of course no other landlord would take them with a dog. But by then he'd already found a new tenant.

This new tenant was a trashy loser with a kyd around 10 years old. About six months after she moved in she stopped paying rent, and my dad of course began calling her and leaving messages, trying to come by the house and see her, and she was always 'out'. Eventually one day she just packed up her crap and left without warning, but she left behind a whole load of shit at the house (broken stained couches, a car that didn't run etc) and the carpet was filthy. On top of that, because of all the damn red-tape surrounding renting in this country, my dad couldn't just pack up all her crap and take it to the dump, he had to go to bloody court and get permission from a judge to get rid of her shit. This all took weeks. After that debacle he cleaned up the house and sold it. He didn't want to risk having to deal with another piece of shit like that again.
nowhiggers
December 13, 2008
yes landlords can be serious assholes, especially in a tight rental market, or if they think they can get away with it.

20 years ago when i was single living in an apt the landlord busted through my door at 7AM on the first of the month to collect his rent. i had put the check in the mail the day before (rent was due before the 3rd) i was naked and in bed when he came in. being young i did not know i could sue for such a thing so i just got my shit together and left in the middle of the night a week later.

anyhow...

right now we are living in a seriously economically depressed semi rural area of california. there are no jobs around here and its not close enough to where the jobs are for people to use it as a bedroom community. the rental market is in bad shape here as is the housing sales. places for rent sit on the fucking market for a year or more... we did not know this when we moved up here and were in a hurry for a place so we got a little gypped by the landlord (who is basically a pretty nice guy, just desperate like everyone else) a little and are paying a bit higher rent than what this place is really worth in the open market.

now here is the funny thing, you will see a lot of landlords around here with empty properties for god knows how long, i've seen places sitting empty for more than a year, yet they are still asking 1200-1400, ROTFL!!!!!!! And there aren't enough section 8 whores to go around for all these empty places either.

So now that our lease is almost up, i'm looking for another place thats nicer and cheaper than this one. My tactic will be to show our good credit, steady income and no kyyyds or section 8. then i am going to start haggling down the asking prices, 1100 huh? how about we give you 850 and a years lease? LOL. I cant fucking wait.

But now, when we first came up here you wouldnt beleive the number of landlords that had all kinds of picky stupid ideas, and we sat there and took it because we did not know the market around here, we only knew that it was quiet, semi rural and cheaper than most of the rest of california.

i cant fucking wait to haggle down some prices for a nice place. i want a jetted tub in the bathroom and gardening space for less than 1000 a month hehe

married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arctic, I was asked by an elderly man if my
> husband and I wanted to rent his house. I'd known
> him since I was 14. He was worried he would get
> the leave in the middle of the night types so he
> asked me. Sure enough a man he knew that had a
> house down the street kept encountering those
> types. And a street over my husband and I found
> entire house belongings dumped by the side of the
> road a few times. That happens so many times it
> seems.
>
> Oh, and the house I rented? I got kicked out last
> year. Yeah, despite my landlord worshipping my
> rent-paying, meticulous ass, he went senile and
> told himself stories about us to convince himself
> that he hated us. Oh, but that's right, landlords
> NEVER play unfairly.
December 14, 2008
When my husband rented out the top floor of our house while we were dating (separate entrance) there were TWO kids while he saw only one.

Caveat: the playroom in the 3 room apartment: living room, bedroom, kitchen, was the 3' high nail studded ceiling crawlspace - crazy hot, splintery floor boards and no light. Now that's parenting. Yes, Deborah and Tony I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU.
Anonymous User
December 14, 2008
Glad this was brought up... I've been doing my Xmas "decorating" which reminds me of this story and I wanted to share with you all...

I live with my BF in a rented townhouse, and our landlord is a great guy and also a sub-contractor, and BF does contracting and property management work with him.

A few months back, they had to evict a breeder and her 9 y/o (?) daughter. Now the eviction process is not, obviously, "Knock knock, it's the second of the month and your rent's not paid, you're being evicted RIGHT THIS SECOND." Most landlords give you a grace period and spend a couple months trying to chase you down for payment before notifying you of eviction, and that's what happened in this case.

The woman clearly had no intention of paying her rent despite the warnings, impending eviction, etc. So BF and Landlord went to do the apartment turnover and found that the woman had left TONS of goods, food, clothing, knick-knacks, in the apartment after turning in the key.

Now... there were huge trash bags FULL of clothes for both the woman and her daughter. Her daughter's room was done up all in pink and she had all the trendy brand-name kid stuff. My BF commented that even if the mother only shopped at thrift stores, she still had waaaay too many clothes for just one person. What goes on in their minds? "I can't even pay rent to keep my daughter housed, but I'll drop a load of money on clothes and toys for her!" ???? And if they LEFT all this stuff, what did they actually bother to take with them???

That's not the worst of it... this was also a very messy, smelly, dirty apartment. There was actual SHIT on the wall next to the toilet that they had to clean.

Anyway, we just took some of their frozen foods (trashy family-size sausage and biscuits or something equally icky) and ate them ourselves, so as to avoid waste (total lie, we'll eat whatever's put in front of us with a smile) while we laughed about the whole thing. They also had a box of Xmas decorations featuring the tacky red flocked bows you get at Kmart for 99 cents, which actually look rather refined on our floor lamps, and which inspired me to relate this anecdote! (Sorry so lengthy...)
Anonymous User
December 14, 2008
Ooh...how about the "people" living directly above me?

Offense #1: INTENTIONALLY overflowing their bathtub. Resulting in rainstorms in MY apartment. Took months to get fixed because the then-caretaker was a lazy, lazy bum.

Offense #2: Chyld running about at all hours of the night. This has mostly stopped, thankfully. It's confusing as to whether to call the landlord, the police, or Child & Family Services.

Offense #3: Throwing garbage out the window. Yes, there are some people who haven't watched that Simpsons episode.
CFBitchfromLA
December 14, 2008
Los Angeles landlords are the worst. They rent out roach motels for high rents, do not keep up their properties and try to get six month rental deposits by lying through their teeth about the state's tough landlord and tenant laws.

I remember one place I lived in during nursing school. It was two steps below the projects and I had mice, bats, roaches and snakes living in the attic. When I finally moved out, I discovered a whole nest of squirrels living IN the bathroom fan. I was so nauseated that the employee health nurse at the hospital where I worked required me to get rabies injections. I will never forget how painful they were.
nowhiggers
December 14, 2008
It's like that in any market where there are too many people looking for too little housing. Same for the labor market, you have billions of turd werlders that will work for a dime and kill for the honor of doing it. Overabundance of labor, over abundance of people looking for rentals -- it then becomes the employers game or the landlords game to dictate as they choose.

The only solution is to stop creating a labor pool and tenant pool, stop making so many people... but i digress...

I've always lived in a rental market like the one you speak of here, this year has been the first time in my life I've ever lived anywhere that landlords have to kiss your ass. It's an awesome thing. Today I emailed one about one of the fancy places around here sitting empty for a year and said, hey, 1400? how about 995 and 995 deposit? They wrote me back HUNGRY to talk. LMAO. I am lovin it. It's only going to get better Jan and Feb... lots of people that have houses here as vacation homes and can no longer afford a vacation home, cant sell the places and are trying to rent. It's beautiful. I love the new great depression. winking smiley

CFBitchfromLA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Los Angeles landlords are the worst. They rent
> out roach motels for high rents, do not keep up
> their properties and try to get six month rental
> deposits by lying through their teeth about the
> state's tough landlord and tenant laws.
>
> I remember one place I lived in during nursing
> school. It was two steps below the projects and I
> had mice, bats, roaches and snakes living in the
> attic. When I finally moved out, I discovered a
> whole nest of squirrels living IN the bathroom
> fan. I was so nauseated that the employee health
> nurse at the hospital where I worked required me
> to get rabies injections. I will never forget how
> painful they were.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login