Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Public Service Announcement

Posted by annie35 
Public Service Announcement
December 15, 2008
I am listening to talk radio, there is a PSA about PPD. The commercial basically tells the moo's to call a 1-800 number for free help.
I am so tired of this free crap for those who are straining the enviroment with their precious little pieces of crap.

You decided to have a soul sucker, now deal with it. Yeah, your life sucks, and it will for the next 25 years, get used to it.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Public Service Announcement
December 15, 2008
Or just wait until the hottest day of summer.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 15, 2008
What makes THEIR depression so special just because it got worse after they sprogged? In most ALL PPD cases, they sufferred depression before they had a baybee as well and are therefore prone to PPD. It has to be because a BAYBEE'S health, welfare, and.or life might be in jeopardy because these do gooders don't give a SHIT if a CF person suffers from depression. 15 years or so ago, back when I still had a small amount of faith in the psychiatric profession, I paid $90 a week for a therapist (insurance paid 1/2) and my anti depressants cost $144 a month but insurance would only pay that cost at 40% and it was on a re-imbursement plan. So, I often had to wait for WEEKS to be re-imbursed for any of this and had to have $500 CASH in hand the first week of every month in order to pay my shrink bill and drug bill.

AT NO TIME did any group offer to pay for my medical services for depression. I think that they ought to pay their own ways or don't have the fucking kid when they are already PRONE to depression. I don't want anything less for moomies than I can expect to get for myself for free, which is NOTHING.
December 15, 2008
"Prone to depression" is the NUMBER ONE reason for my not wanting kids. I am the way I am and there is no drug, excuse, person or program that can help me...it's the same for them. All they're doing is putting of the inevitable misery.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> people still have the fucking gall to say that
> somehow becoming a mother makes you ok enough to
> do the job.

Exactly.
December 16, 2008

I think skeptics of mental illness think that once something really important like having a child happens, you suddenly kick into gear and can do the job because who would dare hurt a precious baby, etc etc. Or why would you cut yourself if you know your baby needs you, etc etc.

It doesn't work like that. If you're not cut out to do the job now, there is no way in hell you will be able to do it once reality hits the fan. Yet more and more mothers abandon their children, end up institutionalized, kill their kids, and people still have the fucking gall to say that somehow becoming a mother makes you ok enough to do the job.

YES, MWR! And then the "shoulds" start driving me crazy. I "should" be able to do this, it's all worth it. I "should" have a child because I'm such a great person. They don't know me at all! I can't barely keep my shit together these days as it is! I remember thinking when I first got married and was having issues with my slob hubby...I thought, "And it's only gonna get WORSE when we have kids!! I wish I could just fast forward to retirement!" It was only a few short months later that I came to the final realization that there was in fact "NO way in HELL" I could be a parent...ditto for the hubby. We both have issues. Why the fuck spread that?!
December 16, 2008
MWR, good post - and so true! For some insane reason, people think childbirth means instant maturity, instant sainthood, instant coping skills, as though the title of 'parent' somehow transforms them into a perfect person with the ability to handle anything and everything.

And Seacreature, yes! I get that a lot as well. "Oh, you two SHOULD have them because you guys have got your acts together." Give me a break! Sure, do I think I'd make a better parent than SOME people? Maybe, if only because I'm not afraid to dole out some discipline...but I'm also adult enough to admit that I'm not perfect and I have some 'issues' that I probably shouldn't pass on. I have a bad temper, my patience with a kid would be paper thin, and that's just the half of it. No, motherhood will not fundamentally change what I am 'for the better'.
December 16, 2008
It kills me how people toss out these bingos ESPECIALLY when they had a bad experience themselves, because it's as if they WANT other people to suffer as well. I have known women to say to young preggos who were unmarried and still living at home because they didn't earn enough to live on their own and were TRYING to save up for college, "He will change once the baybee is here, you'll see. A baybee changes people for the better. You can always go back to college, but the baybee is here now......." in an effort to disuade them from aborting. They will actually talk vulnerable girls into marrying a creep, "for the baybee's sake"........This of course is ALWAYS a horrible life sentence as she continues down the downward spiral as she pumps out 3 or 4 more before she reaches the age of 30. She will NEVER finish school, she will NEVER have a job beyond minimum wage unskilled labor, and she will likely be stuck with a total loser who can't keep a job, who cheats, and if she is REALLY unlucky he will be addicted to something and abusive.

This WHOLE awful scenario could have been prevented with a "plan B", so to speak and some positive support and a prescription for the patch. I would NEVER encourage a young woman to go on and marry the guy, "for the sake of the baybee", or because of any of the cliches' like, "Having a baybee will make you a better person" nonsense. I don't see how anyone can live with themselves when they knowingly do this, but to MOST people, the end (baybee) justifies the means.(lies)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login