Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Bingoed?"

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
"Bingoed?"
December 17, 2008
As a very occasional visitor to this board, I wanted to ask....how exactly do you define the term "bingoed?" Google seems to be no help in this regard, and what definitions I have found online suggests that it means "drunk," but I know that's not the meaning for the word as it's used here.
Re: "Bingoed?"
December 17, 2008
http://happilychildfree.com/bingo.htm

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
Thanks, that makes it pretty clear. I recently heard from an old friend of mine who did the breeder thing.....simply because, in my opinion, it was expected from him by other people. He has two kids, and on the rare occasion that he calls me up he only talks about business, politics, or old times.....NEVER about his kids. Inevitably, when I mention the subject and ask how it's going, he just sort of sighs and brushes off the subject. Last time, he told me something like "Look, nobody ever calls you up and tells you how great your kids are. They're always calling to tell you how sick they are, or how much trouble they caused, or how much money they're going to cost you." I just sort of chuckled and told him I suppose I shouldn't feel any regret for my lifestyle choice then. He sort of laughed and agreed, and we talked about something else.
December 17, 2008
The reason many people are unhappy is because they are doing what other people want them to do instead of what is right for them. I believe that is why so many college students feel so "pressured". It's because they don't really WANT to be there, but their parents have done the old Monopoly: "Go Directly To College - Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200".

I just say that because I work at a university and also because I am trying to inject another example re: why the "life script" is not for everyone. Or, rather to show that there is more than one "life-script".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login