I remember saw this on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4&feature=related

I think it is half-funny and half-sad.

The kid thought he got an Xbox 360 but it come out to be a jumper

What do you think.
Anonymous User
Re: Fake Xbox 360 Present
December 17, 2008
I put it up there with fake lottery tickets..
You get a bit of a reaction that is funny, but it can be dangerous messing with emotions.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2008
I posted this a while back and got some not-so-supportive responses from it Gig...careful! I thought it was side-splitting funny, most didn't feel the same here...oops..tongue sticking out smiley
December 18, 2008
The funny thing to me is that I grew up getting gifts in odd boxes all the time, I never expect what is labeled on the box to actually be in the box when I'm opening a gift. Then again when video games did come about, my parents were firmly against them, so I knew there was no hope there.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 18, 2008
I'm with those who think this a little cruel. Even if it is an issue of being "material".
CFTeen
December 18, 2008
I call cruel and unnecessary punishment. It's one thing if a wrapped package *just happens* to look & sound like something more expensive or desirable to the recipient than it really is...but intentional hope-dashing is not funny.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
I'm sure this kid has/will get/got even with them all...
If not now then later.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
What I would like to add is that one person may think it is mean (yes, we can agree with that), others (who have had it up to here with grubbing moos and kids.. there may be different reasons for pov's) will get a real kick out of it.

The difference is NOT criticizing a difference in this case...
Many of us here, if we have a difference, will post just why we differ in the pov.

Things can be hahhaha funny (like watching a kitty play and accidentally tumble), funny but wince (slipping on ice, be it two or four), and this video which (to me) borders on mean. Who knows, it might have been a response to this kids whining "I wanna I wanna", an interesting method of 'getting even' with the kid. (although, the kid can ultimately cause more damage.)
Gigabyte
December 18, 2008
The good thing 2 cents is that after the video, 1 year later the boy did get the Xbox 360 after all.
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The good thing 2 cents is that after the video, 1
> year later the boy did get the Xbox 360 after all.

Guess they had an attack of conscience...
December 18, 2008
I think it takes a sadistic nature to do something like this, which makes their parenting skills highly suspect, IMO. Like has been mentioned, it's one thing for something to happen to be wrapped in another box, like a toaster oven wrapped in a canning jar box, for instance, but this appears to have been intentional. I can't download youtube, but I am forming my opinion based on everyones' comments. Since I can't see the kyd's expression afterwards, I can't be certain if he was a whiny brat type who may have deserved what he got, or was genuinely disappointed and let down by this stunt. Either way, while it IS funny, in a slapstick kind of a way, it's a pretty shitty thing to do, none the less.

If a man had been dating a woman for quite some time and marriage had been brought up recently, everyone was buzzing about his "popping the question" at Christmas time, he was dropping hints that he would propose very very soon, he had even made numerous comments setting up the proposal such as "You will get a BIG surprise in a little package this year!", etc...... Then, in front of the girlfriend's entire famblee she opened a professionally wrapped ring sized velvetine box that had a local jewler logo on it and it turned out to be a key to a new foot locker, I would say that this was sadistic and mean as hell. I would ALSO advise that she dump his ass before the holiday turkey could be carved. Some might say she was needy and he was better off. While that may be true, it would have been much kinder to have simply broken it off and in private, rather than attend the famblee Christmas gift grab and publically humiliate her.

I think that it's shitty to purposely tease people (or animals) that you are going to give them something that they badly want, when you have NO intention of doing so. This is the MAIN reason that I do not purchase tuna (or salmon, or chicken) in wet cat food sized cans.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login