Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

£50 fine for nuisance passengers...

Posted by Soulie 
Soulie
£50 fine for nuisance passengers...
December 20, 2008
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/article.aspx?cp-documentid=12071687

From next year, British rail will fine rowdy, drunken or smoking passengers with an on-the-spot £50 penalty.

The article doesn't mention parunts who cannot control their kyds in public (let's face it, most of the time they make a bigger nuisance of themselves than any drunk passenger).
Re: £50 fine for nuisance passengers...
December 20, 2008
"Passengers have the right to travel in peace on the rail network and should not have to put up with people smoking, drinking alcohol excessively and causing a nuisance - these new penalties are designed to crack down specifically on this sort of conduct," he said."

They have worded it in a way that would make it nearly impossible to fine a moomie with unruly kyds who are making a nuisance out of themselves. They claim it's to cut down on "anti-social" behavior and I doubt that wailing kyds would fall into that category, although they can CLEARLY be and often are a public nuisance. When kyds are acting like asses though, generally because the moomie refuses to exercise any modicom of restraint, discipline, or parenting skills, all we get are these tongue in cheek and "knowing" looks which beg, "You know how it is, he's a chyyllllllld". When I get these looks, I purposely try to stare a hole straight through them. angry smiley
Anonymous User
Re: £50 fine for nuisance passengers...
December 20, 2008
Good thing that's not here in Kentucky. Being rowdy, drunken, and smoking describes a lot of the kids in my area.
Yay! The board's back up!

You know what I hate most? In the UK, there is usually one coach in the train that's designated "quiet coach". No headphones, mobiles, loud conversations, etc., specially so people can snooze or work in peace. I used to love it, until a couple of years ago, when all the moomies of the world decided to start booking this damn coach for famblee trips.
Now these coaches are full of screaming kids running around, and no-one seems to be able to get any peace.
The last time I was booking tickets, the ticket guy asked whether I'd prefer the quiet coach, and I said "Hell no - I'd ACTUALLY like some peace and quiet!". He looked at me quizzically and I said "All the kids on the train congregate in one these days". He commiserated and said that indeed, that's a problem and I'm not the first passenger to express this point of view. sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login