Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why do breeders and even some childed get personally offended that we are CF?

Posted by kidlesskim 
I've been getting very interested in "intentional communities" -- most of them are "earth mothers" and their "green" families, but it'd be fantastic to have an animal haven with CF caretakers.
The first priority and common ground must be the animals though. I am more committed to that than to any sort of CF consciousness-raising.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Really? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been getting very interested in "intentional
> communities" -- most of them are "earth mothers"
> and their "green" families, but it'd be fantastic
> to have an animal haven with CF caretakers.

This may be hard to believe, but a topic similar to this came up on my local community forum once regarding a county owned animal compound being built on some county owned acreage and the elderly (who are basically healthy) homeless/unemployed, childless( that's what they called us)etc.......would be good to volunteer to help run it and perhaps some of them could even live on the property as caretakers and receive a stipend as payment. IMMEDIATELY, one of the breeders piped up and horned in about how it would be GREAT to build a foster care facility or temporary CPS housing on the same property so "...the chyldrennnn would have pets to play with while they were staying there.....". CAN YOU IMAGINE an animal, especially a former abused one, who would feel like it was a "haven" if KYDS were allowed to wonder around, pester him, possibly hit or poke him, or pick the animal up in the middle of his stomach? ONLY a breeder, who also was not an avid animal lover, could even think up some shit like that.
There doesnt seem to be as much, pressure in the UK, to breed, partly because of the religious angle. we are more relaxed.. hell i know some priests saying birth control is good.

Theres a difference between the church and reality here at least.. a sort of more mature rationalised relgion..(not everything is set in stone things change over time so we have to be a bit more flexible kinda church)

(not that i am saying we dont have idiots and groups just we are more settled)

i have told a few people when they asked. and they have all said its your life to do with what you wish.. and no one shuld tell you what to do or not.. and some of these are really fanatical. thats the big difference i find in america and the south, the you must beleive to the letter.. you have to obey every single instruction.. even when reality isnt like that..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login