Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What grocery stores do you go to...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What grocery stores do you go to...
December 20, 2008
... that have the least breeders at any one time. (non peak hours)?

In my area (Southeast GA) it's Food Lion. Or if I'm in Savannah, it's Fresh Market and Publix. Assuming you don't go during rush hour, they're usually quiet.
Re: What grocery stores do you go to...
December 20, 2008
I am afraid that I am not much help because I live in a small town and it's either Walmart or kroger and a handful of small locally owned stores that close early, don't have much stock, and are over priced. I nearly always shop very late at night and while it's generally not as crowded, it's no guarantee that there won't be breeders in there with baybees and small children. I have seen them with baybees and toddlers up in Walmart at 3AM, as if that is completely normal to drag a kyd out at that hour. Just late last night, I ended up in line behind a breeder man who was trying to get items that his WIC vouchers wouldn't accept and his entire transaction took roughly 20 minutes, and they only had one lane open. Maybe someone who lives in a larer city can give you some more encouraging answers.
Anonymous User
December 20, 2008
I work at Kroger. I see people bring in their children very late all the time, especially around 10 PM to 2 AM. The babies and/or children are usually irritated or tired [which causes them to make a lot of noise]. These same people expect all the services available at 5 PM such as baggers, customer service and most of the checklanes open for example, to be available at 10 PM! We usually close up our regular lines at 10 or 11 PM and make people go through the self-checkout until 7 AM. That's when they start coming in with those big hundred dollar EBT [food stamp] orders which they try to pass through a system that is only designed to handle up to 25 to 30 items. [Which is very clunky, especially when you have children touching the anti-theft scale or the buttons on the machine]. They learn to come in during the day if they don't want to deal with self checkout.
December 20, 2008
I was in line behind a welfare whore one night whose LOOONNNNNG transaction started sometime before midnight. She had a PILE of shit too, a baybee hiked up on her hip, a toddler sitting in the front part of the buggy, and an older boy in one of those car buggies. Whoever invented those car buggies needs to be executed, btw. Anyway, apparently her transaction was completed AFTER midnight and it was the cut off date that she could use her food stamp card that month and it was DECLINED. MY GOD that women threw a tantrum, right in the middle of the store. She demanded to see a manager who told her the same as the cashier. It is electronically programmed and she couldn't over ride it. She paid cash, as she grumbled obscenities under her breath about Kroger's incompetence, so I suppose it cut into her drinking, partying, and scratch off lotto ticket money.

I bet you get those types a good bit. I could NEVER work with the public again as it might just tip me over the edge to the complete insanity side.tongue sticking out smiley
deegee
December 20, 2008
Here on Long Island we have King Kullen, a large local chain. For the last 7 years I have been shopping mostly during the day during the week. When I worked full-time before that, I had to shop on the busier weekends (usually Saturday morning) or on a weeknight (and to get there before the deli department closed was tough). Weeknights often leave me with limited choices in the meat department. Sometimes, I stop off at the King Kullen on the way home from dancing at night to get a few things.
December 20, 2008
I hate food shopping, but for other reasons.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 20, 2008
The only grocery store within walking distance in Pittsburgh is Giant Eagle. It's usually breeder central during peak hours, but if I need food, I have no choice but to grin and bear it and to try and not smother screaming babies with the raw salmon fillets.

Back home, there's P&C Foods, Aldi's and Wal-Mart. Aldi's is a very tiny store and I haven't seen too many breeders there (I'm sure most of them take their WIC vouchers to P&C to buy top-brand frozen pizzas and fresh lobster).

I only hate food shopping because I often have to lug my groceries 1-2 miles with me back to the dorm. It's not bad...when I don't have a shit-ton of stuff.
CFTeen
December 20, 2008
There's a local Super "Bag N' Slave" that's pretty good for that. They have nearly everything edible under the sun for a decent price. Not a mile away is an Aldi that's much smaller but just as good.

The nearby Target, however, is another story...
Anonymous User
December 20, 2008
I am *so* lucky. There's a grocery in the basement of the Hudson's Bay Company store across from my workplace.

Literally 99% of the customers there are people getting stuff before going home from work, or seniors. In five years of shopping there, I've encountered brats maybe thrice. The breeders either go to Superstore, Wal-Mart, or their overly crappy corner store.
Anonymous User
December 21, 2008
It seems to me that whatever place has the cheapest cereal, that's where the families go. I go to Hyvee. It is less food stamp friendly, and it has more expensive cereal than Dillons here, and as such, most families go to Dillons. I go late at night too, about 11:30 or so.
Anonymous User
December 21, 2008
Cambion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I
> have no choice but to grin and bear it and to try
> and not smother screaming babies with the raw
> salmon fillets.

I gotta say, I just had a hilarious mental image of that scenario! LOL!
December 21, 2008
I like Trader Joe's and also shop at Whole Foods. Unfortunately both places have lots of breeders at the times I go which is normally on my way home from work.
Anonymous User
December 21, 2008
Also on the Island.
(btw, I miss Aldis)
Do most of my shopping at a little IGA. It has more than you think but you ahve to watch the expiration dates. There aren't that many sproggs there at any time. I wish people would shop there more often, it would be a better store for it..
Sometimes I go to stop and shop, and occasionally costco.
You should see the damn sproggs at costco. I somehow manage to avoid most of them and/or tune them out.
For a real treat, I go to Fairway over in Plainview. They have cheeses from ALL OVER and all types, An olive bar, their own aged meats, they roast their own coffee... I wish I was closer to it.
Anonymous User
December 21, 2008
It seems to be true. But in Burnswick, GA, most of the families go to Winn-Dixie or Wal-Mart as they are the cheapest in that area. Publix is the highest [which means EBT/welfare users avoid it], so it tends to be a whole lot more quieter and/or more pleasant even near peak times.
December 22, 2008
I have my groceries delivered by Safeway.
December 22, 2008
Here it's Sainsbury for 'regular' shopping, Waitrose for 'high end' shopping that costs a lot of money, and 'Marks & Spencer' for special-treat shopping of a standard we call 'catalogue food' -- dishes which look so good and so perfect that they look like packshots from gourmet catalogues. These chains have a lower child quotient (and hence lower irritation quotient) than the other British supermarket chains which are ankle-deep in brats because they're cheap (and in some cases, nasty): Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Morrison's, Iceland, Lidl.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
December 22, 2008
I have three choices...
The huge, open 24 hours, cheap grocery store. I've found the best time to go is during a Packers game, or after 8pm on a Saturday night. Generally there aren't many children, especially if you know where the "hidden" check outs are. I hate dealing with children when I'm trapped in the check out.

A hippy coop filled to the gills with all sorts of yummy treats. It's close to my house, so it's convenient to run in and pick up whatever I need. They also have many special treats that aren't available elsewhere. This place, at peak hours, is breeder central. Hippy and well-to-do children running amok...all with their own tiny "empowerment" carts. I avoid this place like the plague during those times.

A tiny local grocery with a great meat counter and walk in beer cooler. This is where I get my meat and beer. There are rarely children in the store because it is so tiny and can get real crowded real fast. I think the breeders just avoid it (if they even know about it) because it's not kid friendly.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 22, 2008
I enjoy going to Meijer's for most of our stuff because we find great bargains. I don't mind the whiny/snotty/dirty kids because I enjoy schadenfreude.

We too have a hippy coop nearby which is pretty kid-free because the narrow aisles are not designed for smoovs. Good for local produce and milk.

They have cheeses from ALL OVER and all types, An olive bar, their own aged meats

(drools)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login