Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Too Smart

Posted by annie35 
Too Smart
December 22, 2008
So were are at a party / dinner and some chick ask my husband if we have kids, he says no. She asks why, he replies we took the test and they told us we were too smart.
She got 3 kinds of pissed at his sarcasm.
I thought it was an awesome reply.
She did not think it was that nice, I think she might have called him and asshole.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
deegee
Re: Too Smart
December 22, 2008
LMAO that was a good reply. It reminded me of a funny line in the movie "Animal House" when Katy says to her boyfriend Boon after he can't be with her because he has to do go to another frat party (the toga one), "I'll write you a note. I'll say you're too well to attend."

We should all use that short but really sharp reply whenever we are asked that nosy question by a breeder. Agreed?
December 22, 2008
HA!! Beautiful!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 22, 2008
When my grandmother developed dementia, she started saying whatever she felt like saying. If it was in her head, it was immediately on her tongue.

My ex and I eloped and she told me one night (at a family function) "Bell, when you got married the way you did, everyone thought you were pregnant. Everybody but I thought that. I told everyone else, 'Bell is too smart to get knocked up and to have to get married. In fact, you probably won't have any kids at all because you are smarter than the rest of the bunch." ( A pretty obvious reference to my cousin, who was knocked up by a man who went to jail shortly thereafter.)

Of course, I publicly acted like I was shocked, but I was secretly glad. I loved that woman......
December 22, 2008
HAHA! Serves 'em right for asking such an intrusive question.
December 22, 2008
Something like I said in a supermarket commenting on some little shits misbehaviour. Someone made some sort of bingo. I replied I don't have kids. Another bingo which led to a retort (which I probably wouldn't have said if I weren't so annoyed) "I'm not stupid enough to breed."
You should have heard the gasps. Talk about stepping on EVERYONES toes.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 22, 2008
twocents
Something like I said in a supermarket commenting on some little shits misbehaviour. Someone made some sort of bingo. I replied I don't have kids. Another bingo which led to a retort (which I probably wouldn't have said if I weren't so annoyed) "I'm not stupid enough to breed."

Did they chase you down and try to get those evil spirits out of you?

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 22, 2008
annie35
twocents

Did they chase you down and try to get those evil spirits out of you?

Nah, I think they were glad to see me go...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 22, 2008
Nah, I think they were glad to see me go...

The breeders were very happy when we left the party. I don't think they liked us much.
We had a good time and drank some food wine, so screw em.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 22, 2008
She asks why, he replies we took the test and they told us we were too smart.

Ha ha ha! And his quick thinking proves his point. I also love Bell_flower's grandmother's remark--both direct and adorable!
December 23, 2008
Bell, your grandmother rocks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login