Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF, no insurance and cancer

Posted by wellhell 
wellhell
CF, no insurance and cancer
December 22, 2008
I may have cancer. We have $$ for simple doctors appts and prescriptions, but not the kind of money required for biopsies and ct scans. Therefore I have told the doctor to fuck it. No biopsy. No CT scan. I've planned to have myself dumped off outside of a welfare office the day I am ready to drop dead, and drop dead there in front of all the moos and brats. This is where I want to die.

Then again, it may not be cancer. I'll never know till I'm ready to drop dead from it. I'm hoping it isn't but it's not looking so hot right now. Yeah, I'm scared. Who wouldn't be.

Please no sympathy posts, I do not want sympathy. And no fucking posts from the charity loving dimbulbs on the board to tell me that "I can get help" if it is cancer. Bullshit. Any "help" like that requires that you drain your bank account first and I am not leaving my loved one like that. I'm going to continue to live like nothing is going on. Just needed to rant a little. This is my last post on the subject.
Re: CF, no insurance and cancer
December 22, 2008
There probably is no where you could get financial help if you have any income (including marital) or any assets, including a home. The only way you coud get medicaid would be if you had none of the above, were not eligible to be on ANY other insurance plan, had no savings, stocks, bonds, life insurance to borrow against, AND were unable to borrow the money,(which you would have to prove) etc......... If you really just don't want to know even IF you have cancer, then at least buy some life insurance now, before your diagnosis is actually made or becomes blatantly obvious. Personally, I am not convinced that modern cancer treatment including surgeries and chemo are all that they are cracked up to be anyway. If you look on the net hard enough, you can find some medical studies done at research and teaching universities in The United States that tell how sometimes, "seeding" can occur with cancerous tumor removal and that the surgeons can actually inadvertantly SPREAD the cancer into other areas of the body, causing new growths and death.The way that they know this has happened is explained by examples such as some breast cancer cells, for instance, can wind up growing in the liver or somewhere else where they are not normally found. This is not to be confused with the cancer "just spreading", because there are certain cancer cells that don't spread to certain organs,(on their own) but it has happened before and this is the only medical explanation.how a cancer only found in the bowels could wind up in the lungs, for example..

I am sure that it probably isn't common and I don't know details and am no medical expert, but it DOES happen. I have heard lots of older people say MANY times, "He was FINE until they operated on him to remove a cyst that he hadn't known that he had, and inside of 6 months, cancer had spread throughout his body and he was dead". There have actually been PLENTY of seemingly "healthy" people who were told they had a tumor, got it removed, and then died within months because it "had spread" or "they didn't get it all". I would bet "accidental medical seeding" may be the culprit in many of those cases. Even if I was told that I had what appeared to be cancer, but it was causing me NO problems, I would just continue to let them keep a watch on it and if it never grew, then WHY take it out? Sometimes, "suspicious cysts" ESPECIALLY on "female organs" are immediately removed, and I think it's often unnecessary. Chemo and radiation, while more advanced and precise these days, STILL is scary because I don't see how in hell that the radiation or a chemical cocktail can know NOT to kill other healthy cells, which of course it often does. I wouldn't want the quality of the rest of my natural life to be centered around hair loss, constant vomiting, brittle bones, and all of the other crap associated with radiation and chemo.

You have to realize though, that certain cancers can cause HORRIBLE and UNBEARABLE pain. I would want to find out what kind I had (or that they thought I had) before I decided to bite the bullet and just go on and let it take it's natural course. You may be lucky and have one that isn't known to cause much pain. If you think that you can wait until you need pain medication and just go thru the emergency room and get it, you may be sadly mistaken. You will likely gets DAYS AND DAYS of various tests, while you lay writhing in immeasurable pain, until they will prescribe as much as a Tyenol 3. How much and how long you are willing to suffer should be considered. If you have your affairs in order, don't want to take the time to look into charity hospitals, and either have a plan for pain or believe you can stand the pain, then go for it. I do know that IF a doctor who is affiliated with any public hospital diagnoses you with a life threatening disease such as cancer, and admits you to the hospital, they WILL treat you, do surgery, medicate you, etc......regardless of your ability to pay, HOWEVER, if you have ANY locatable assets such as bank accounts or a home, they WILL make every effort to place a lien against it, seize it, or garnish you or your husband.(depending on the state).. They can even attach life insurance policies, and your tax refunds.

So, if you decide to go the indigent patient route if the pain gets too much, MAKE CERTAIN that NOTHING is any longer in your name or attachable in any way and this may can only be accomplished by a divorce, in order to protect your husband's assets and credit. If you were a breeder though, you wouldn't have any problem at all getting IMMEDIATE and unquestioned help. I am so sorry you are sufferring. I went through something almost as bad a long time ago and NO ONE offered me anything and I had BXBS and STILL got stuck with a 130k+ hospital tab. Good Luck!
CFTeen
December 22, 2008
How about wishing you best of luck?
December 22, 2008
kidlesskim
The only way you coud get medicaid would be if you had none of the above, were not eligible to be on ANY other insurance plan, had no savings, stocks, bonds, life insurance to borrow against, AND were unable to borrow the money,(which you would have to prove) etc.......

Breeders that own houses can get on medicaid. Owning a house or having money in the bank is no problem when you are a breeder and need medicaid.

For a married cf in medical crisis, divorce is an excellent option to protect what one has and take advantage of some of the healthcare breeders are entitled to for free. good suggestions.
December 23, 2008
My mother was able to collect Social Security, but not SSI (welfare), because she wanted to keep her IRA's (which I subsequently inherited because her cancer was in Stage IV when they discovered it and she died one year later). We had a friend of the family who knew the inside track at MedicAid, and was able to expedite her application for MassHealth because at the time, my mother was working part-time on the books and part-time "under the table". She also owned her house outright.

I know this isn't the most up-lifting story, and I hope it turns out that your tumor, or whatever, is benign.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 23, 2008
God damn I hate to hear this shit. Please be well.

And OF COURSE nobody matters unless they have bred. That alone is the worst type of fucking discrimination you can imagine.

The only advice I have is to make noise. Ask for help and if you don't get it, I'd threaten every form of lawsuit I could imagine. Make phone calls and scream your fucking head off about it to any agency that could possibly help you. Send letters to the newspaper, people need to know this shit. This is your life you're talking about. You only get one.
December 23, 2008
kidlesskim
The only way you coud get medicaid would be if you had none of the above, were not eligible to be on ANY other insurance plan, had no savings, stocks, bonds, life insurance to borrow against, AND were unable to borrow the money,(which you would have to prove) etc.......

Breeders that own houses can get on medicaid. Owning a house or having money in the bank is no problem when you are a breeder and need medicaid.

For a married cf in medical crisis, divorce is an excellent option to protect what one has and take advantage of some of the healthcare breeders are entitled to for free. good suggestions.

Really? I had 4 children, no insurance, and was diagnosed with breast cancer. We owned our own home. That was our only asset. I couldn't get any help. I had to borrow against my home to get the tumor removed.

I wish people would get their info straight because this is bull.

And if you do choose to die in front of a welfare office with children and such in it, please throw a tarp over yourself first? @@ Grow the eff up. (After you, dear) - Admin
December 23, 2008
kidlesskim

Really? I had 4 children, no insurance, and was diagnosed with breast cancer. We owned our own home. That was our only asset. I couldn't get any help. I had to borrow against my home to get the tumor removed.

And if you do choose to die in front of a welfare office with children and such in it, please throw a tarp over yourself first? @@ Grow the eff up.

But you're OK now? Good for you, AND your kids! Merry XMas and Happy NY to YOU!

Oh, and a toast to your good health!

See, not quite so "selfish" and "hateful".

I bet the OP would have your sympathy if she were going through IVF and/or TTC. As it turns out, NO empathy from someone who has been through the SAME THING. You would probably make every excuse for irrational thinking and behaviour if it had something to do with reproduction, but for a life-threatening DISEASE, it's "bull".

FWIW, the standards for who gets benefits vary from state to state. It is ABSOLUTELY possible that the OP was told that if she had "dependents" then would qualify for some kind of aid.

You're just bitter because having all those kids didn't let you cash in. That's a mean thing for me to say (and of course I'm only half-serious, because it's also a ridiculous thing to believe) but that's what we're famous for on this board, isn't it.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

December 23, 2008
*I* am bitter? (Survey says...) You people are deranged out of your minds This is what happens when you let your uterus go rot. (Better my uterus than my brain - which is what seems to have happened to yours and many other breeders' - brain rot). - Admin

The woman wanting to be dropped off to die at a welfare office is out of her bloody mind. Really, really sad.
December 23, 2008
*I* am bitter? You people are deranged out of your minds This is what happens when you let your uterus go rot.

The woman wanting to be dropped off to die at a welfare office is out of her bloody mind. Really, really sad.

That's what happens when you think with your uterus. Sort of like a guy who thinks with his dick. If having more kids makes you smarter, you need to have a LOT more kids. Run along now, you should be TTC!

December 23, 2008
kidlesskim

And if you do choose to die in front of a welfare office with children and such in it, please throw a tarp over yourself first? @@ Grow the eff up.

There are a few things that don't sound right about this situation. First of all, I can't imagine having FOUR kyds and not having any health (or life) insurance on them or myself. If the kyds DO have insurance, then it's obviously not from contributory group employer/employee health insurance because it would be a famblee plan and moomie would have automatically been included as a dependent, or as the subscriber if she was the primary insured.. So, either the kids have NO health insurance, which is highly irresponsible, or they have medicaid (welfare). For moomie to not nave been able to qualify for medicaid means that she and/or her husband showed too much income AND they had an attachable asset (s), such as the home, and it was worth more than they owed on it. It's still possible to be on other welfare which is allegedly "for the chyldren",, such as a monthly food debit card and WIC vouchers, and they not be able to get on medicaid for themselves, at least not as easily. I am glad to know that "the system" was fair at least in this case and made these people borrow against their home first, like they ALWAYS do when the childfree apply for public medical assistance..

As for the "attachable assets" and medicaid or welfare; Other than owning a home and having a certain amount (in this state it's 2k) of TOTAL cash or easily liquidatable assets such as certificates of deposits and savings accounts, no other personal items are considered attachable NOR are they, " counted against" a person who applies for medicaid (or welfare) which I believe that it should be "counted". For instance, in this area MANY welfare recipients live in (and pay the mortgage on) middle class homes, but the mortgage is in someone else's name, for THIS very reason. There are a lot of "land contracts" in his area too, which basically means that they DO own the property for all intents and purposes, but the owner of record is still the seller on courthouse records. the bank, or at any other place where public documents are kept, for THIS very reason, so they can continue getting welfare. Then they have "personal property" assets in the form of wide screen tvs, motorcycles (in addition to cars), boats, THOUSANDS of dollars in personal electronics and toys, lap tops, top of the shelf name brand furniture, new and fancy kitchen appliances which could rival a commercial bakery, internet and satelite service and equipment, cell phones for every famblee member, and God only knows what all else, that don't "count" toward their ability to pay, nor do(or can) these assets be forcibly sold at auction to defray the cost of their medical bill (s).

I can't help but wonder how much money was spent on "toys", kinder crap, and other junk for themselves and four kyds over the years, which could have been MONEY SAVED, but instead their poor planning and careless spending left them destitute, in the time of a medical crisis. .confused smiley I bet it WAS a surprise when medicaid stamped their request DENIED, as it was probably a first for them to be turned down for a government freebie. I am still doubting that their was a denial in full, but that this lady is bitter because they made her pay what she could. Unless they had a great deal of equity, a 2nd mortgage wouldn't go very far in paying for cancer surgery and all that it normally entails anyway. Since the hospital can't force the sale of a primary residence, my guess is that after the money from borrowing against the house was gone, she very likely DID qualify for and get medicaid for further treatments and care, at least for the cancer and any illness. treatment, preventative care. breast reconstruction, or medication associated with it.
anon
December 23, 2008
leave it up to the forum moos to say something nasty to someone that might have cancer and no breeder benefits to pay for it.

i don't believe this moo story one iota. breeders are not denied shit. and even if her owning a house was an issue in her state, you can bet that if she really did have breast cancer the house went into someone elses name so she could get treatment. breeders don't pay for healthcare they can get for free, never, no way, no how. the government practically begs them to sign up.

also, breeders are never required to become complete indigents before receiving healthcare. for the childfree a divorce and empty bank and assests is absolutely essential, and even then, even then, people, the healthcare will be the bare minimum.

no way did this moo mortgage her house for breast cancer. no fucking way. sign it over to someone else maybe? i could believe that IF it were required. around here, lots of single moos in houses they own and they are all on medicaid. i had a breeder co-worker making 70k a year getting medicaid for her kids.
December 23, 2008
I call bullshit on that too.

Four kids, no insurance, cancer, remortgage to get rid of cancer? Jeez I'm all spoiled for choice on how to respond to that tale.

A) Jolly good. That's what homes are for. They're assets that you borrow against when you're stupidly unprepared for very common occurances in life which cost money to resolve.

cool smiley Stupidly unprepared. You're lucky you didn't die. Since when is health insurance really, truly, sincerely optional? Is it more optional, or less optional, than 14 metric tonnes of kindercrap littering up the garage, two bedrooms, the rec room, and both yards?

C) Medicaid. Unless hubby/partner/boyfriend etc earns too much, in which case that'd make you a...

D) Liar.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
December 23, 2008
notice how the moo tried to hijack the thread.. into a poor me.

as one friend said to me its not how long you live its what you do in it that counts (he died at age 33 from an epileptic siezure)

so eat drink be merry, live how you want.. for as long as you can. and have no regrets..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 23, 2008
And Wellhell --

Cmon now, you owe it to yourself to do something about this situation you're in. If it is something to worry about, get up there and show your mettle. Face it down. Do NOT give into it. Do NOT give up. Being sick is not what life is all about, and you have too much yet to do.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
December 23, 2008
*I* am bitter? (Survey says...) You people are deranged out of your minds This is what happens when you let your uterus go rot. (Better my uterus than my brain - which is what seems to have happened to yours and many other breeders' - brain rot). - Admin

Why are you even on this board if you got knocked up? Go play in your corner at True Mom Confessions or iVillage. Move along troll.
December 23, 2008
mercurior
notice how the moo tried to hijack the thread.. into a poor me.........

I noticed that too, right off the bat. She didn't lend any personal knowledge as to how this person might get help, didn't relay any potentially helpful info, didn't attempt to give any advice, share a similar story, even say, "Good luck", or anything. She could only do two things:

1)Make an intentially cruel remark to an emotionally distressed person that they should cover their body with a tarp basically, so that "the chyldren" who presumably are "regulars" at the welfare office, won't see her as she DIES.
2),Let EVERYONE Know what a poor moocow that she was because she had 4 kyds. had no insurance. developed breast cancer
and got DENIED for medicaid, and had to borrow against her house

I thought that having baybees was supposed to make a woman immune to breast cancer? That's what all of the articles and ads have been saying for quite some time. One of the "reasons" given for breast feeding on NUMEROUS pro-tit nazi sites is to "protect against breast cancer". They are trying to make women think that if they are CF, or even mothers who choose the bottle over the breast, that it's somehow their own faults if they get breast cancer. I suppose that's just another myth perpetuated by a baybee rabid society in an effort to encourage women to breed. I personally know 6 women who have gotten breast cancer and ALL SIX have given birth and they range in age from 34-72, with one having died from it who was pregnant WHEN she was diagnosed. It must be awful to be a breeder who gets breast cancer, because her own kind are secretly blaming her because she probably didn't breast feed, or breast feed long enough to become immune to it. That, must REALLY suck to no longer be accepted among the very crowd which someone so DESPERATELY has been wanting to be a part of for their whole lives. Then it must REALLY REALLY suck when those same peers judge her and blame her for getting breast cancer, which of course has NOTHING to do with having had a baybee, or not

If THAT doesn't turn a breeder into a thinker and cause them to pull away from the breeder mentality cult, then I do not know what would. I wish our friendly troll would enlighten us as to how she was treated by other moomares when she made her breast cancer diagnosis known. I bet that it was less than what she had hoped, at the very least.
December 23, 2008

If THAT doesn't turn a breeder into a thinker and cause them to pull away from the breeder mentality cult, then I do not know what would.

Breeder? ... Thinker? ... shrug *bzzzzt* buzzttt*

Can't put those two words in the same sentence, Kim. It does not compute!
Anonymous User
December 23, 2008
wellhell
Just needed to rant a little. This is my last post on the subject.

Feel free to come back and rant whenever you want.
December 29, 2008
WellHell, I was away for the holidays and I missed this the first time. I hope everything goes okay for you and that you do not have cancer. Please keep us posted.

And as for the brain-dead Broodmare who crashed this thread, she serves as just another example of how uncharitable Moos are in general. Not a single kind word for the OP--- just more frothing at the mouth at the CF. How very typical.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login