Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unemployment figures - somewhat breeder related

Posted by twocents 
Unemployment figures - somewhat breeder related
December 27, 2008
When we hear these unemployment figures, are they refering to the population as a whole? Or just the percentage of working people.
Does the 5% (or whatever the current figure is) of unemployed also include welfare parasites, elderly folk who can't work anymore, disabled and unable to work? This occured to me this morning... if it is 5% of the whole, it isn't bad.. but if it is 5% of the working population it makes a heck of a difference. It means waaay less of us than I previously thought who get gouged for the welfare parasites.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Unemployment figures - somewhat breeder related
December 27, 2008
I've always wondered about that, myself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 27, 2008
My understanding of those unemployment numbers is that they are the simply the number of people filing a new claim--that is, those signing up for benefits in any given month. They don't count the number of people whose unemployment checks have run out, the people who have given up looking for work altogether, or anyone else who has no interest whatsoever in finding a job.
December 27, 2008
Tiquer
My understanding of those unemployment numbers is that they are the simply the number of people filing a new claim--that is, those signing up for benefits in any given month. They don't count the number of people whose unemployment checks have run out, the people who have given up looking for work altogether, or anyone else who has no interest whatsoever in finding a job.

I think the very same thing. Unemployment statistics are based on new and active unemployment compensation claims which wouldn't include those who had lost jobs but didnt qualify for unemployment compensation such as those considered SELF employed, people who have lost businesses, people who are out of work but are drawing on worker's comp. for an injury, and then there is a huge number whose UE comp has run out, but they still don't have a job. It has never covered, I don't believe, people who are generational welfare recipients who don't EVER actively look for work and never intend to look for work. That number alone must be in the millions.
December 27, 2008
I was looking into it because I think it is more smoke and mirrors. I think if they look at the number of people who don't/can't work the percentage would be much higher: and I think it has been way high for a long time. These figures are misleading, perhaps intended to be.

Edit: found this... http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

Anonymous User
December 28, 2008
Unemployment statistics (which are taken from the site two cents listed above) are tricky and easily manipulated to suit one's agenda. That's why I always take them with a grain of salt, and research for myself.

In addition to the situations you all have listed, BLS/Unemployment statistics also do no include the under employed i.e. those who are working fewer hours than they would like. Our current employment rate is absolutely horrendous, and that 5% is way off.
December 28, 2008
in the UK, they send people on"training" schemes, lasting 13 to 26 weeks, these schemes re supposed to help people get jobs, all they do is dump people into a building, and let them read week old newspapers, use old computers10 for over 100 people.. but since you are on this "scheme" you are not classed as unemployed. here they dont class people working under 16 hours, they dont count, this group, or volunteers or.. or..

the real unemployment figures in the UK is over 3 times as many as the "official" figures say

http://djsilverfish.wordpress.com/2008/06/21/the-real-unemployment-rate/

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5136730.ece

they dont count temporary workers, or agency workers.. its all a con..lies, damn lies and statistics

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/conservative/2983877/Real-unemployment-rate-at-three-million-Tories-claim.html

Chris Grayling, the party's work and spokesman secretary, said that around 12.4 per cent of the workforce - nearly five million people - were "under-employed" because they could find only part-time work or were stuck on benefits.

Earlier this week, the Office for National Statistics released figures showing that there are now 1.72 million out of work, the highest figure for nearly a decade.

The number claiming jobseeker's allowance rose for the seventh month in a row, by 32,500 to 904,900 - the largest monthly increase since December 1992.

In a briefing ahead of the launch of a new document which claims to reveal the true unemployment picture, Mr Grayling accused Gordon Brown and his ministers of deception and spin, saying claims that Britain's job market was growing were: "built on migrant labour and a clever use of statistics".

He added: "It is an exercise in spin to make the figures look lower than they are. Let us have figures that reflect the nature of the challenge we face.

"If we are going to break the back of benefit dependency, if we are going to deal with worklessness, we are going to have to face that challenge."

Mr Grayling said that 40,000 unemployed people were missing from the official statistics every day because they were attending mandatory training programmes.

When they began claiming JSA again, they were registered as new claimants, so making it "statistically impossible" to become long-term unemployed.

Mr Graying also said that there were 250,000 fewer British workers than two years ago, with 80 per cent of the three million jobs created since 1997 going to migrants.

The document, called "Labour Isn't Working ... Again," shows that 700,000 people are in part time work when they would prefer to be in full time employment.

Mr Grayling also said he estimated that around seven per cent of those on incapacity benefit were well enough to work full time, while more than a million more could be helped to find some kind of employment.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 28, 2008
BratfreeGirl
Unemployment statistics (which are taken from the site two cents listed above) are tricky and easily manipulated to suit one's agenda. That's why I always take them with a grain of salt, and research for myself.

In addition to the situations you all have listed, BLS/Unemployment statistics also do no include the under employed i.e. those who are working fewer hours than they would like. Our current employment rate is absolutely horrendous, and that 5% is way off.

I wouldn't doubt it BG. I just found the link, scanned it but didn't read it thoroughly.
I take anything the gubmint says with grain of salt.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

December 28, 2008
A bit exaggerated.

lab mom
December 30, 2008
I have a question that I could probably find the answer to but I'm too lazy today. LOL

If you never work a day in your life, if you just live off the walking wallet and raise a litter of kids, do you get your own social security when you turn 65?
December 30, 2008
in the uk YES..

but here you get child benefits, you get parent tax credit, you get so many benefits, you get even more if your a single moo with no duhd, you get a house, benefits, etc etc etc.. and at 65 you get a pension..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login