Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it habit?

Posted by annie35 
Is it habit?
December 30, 2008
We had a luncheon today for all employees and their families. We handed out the year end bonus and thought we would celebrate.
A friend of mine is starting a catering business, so we hired her at a discount price to do the food. We had mostly adult finger foods. She decided since there would be a bunch of kids, to just do cheap chicken parts in those animal shapes, cookies, chips, and juice boxes for kids. I watched numerous moms give up mini quiche, smoked salmon with dill dip, good bread with pesto, and other nice foods for the chicken parts and chips.
Is it just habit to eat that crap? How could any person pass up a plethora of yummy gourmet foods for kid crap? Why?

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Tahki (NLI)
Re: Is it habit?
December 30, 2008
Maybe they were the kids of Moos who raised them on that stuff 'cause they were "picky."

I don't understand that, either! I was part of a wedding party this summer and they had the chicken fingers and juice boxes for the kids...while I, the 17-year-old bridesmaid loaded up on the fancy stuff, I watched the MOB and FOB go straight for the chicken parts with the flower girl and the other keedz at the wedding. It's sad to see adult children IRL...D:
December 30, 2008
She decided since there would be a bunch of kids, to just do cheap chicken parts in those animal shapes, cookies, chips, and juice boxes for kids.

BARF. All that processed glop, trucked in from three months' storage in a warehouse a zillion miles away, when they could have fresh mini-quiche? I was just reading a recipe for leek and bacon mini-quiche not an hour ago, oddly enough, and drooling. Bah! Who'd choose to eat that horrible non-food kid crap?

And pesto? And s m o k e d......s a l m o n ???? What is WRONG with those moms? Now, being the nosy person I am, I'm wishing I could monitor a bank of TV screens, set up here in my office and connected to a series of Kitchen-CamsTM, that I've secretly installed in these mommies' kitchens, to see what, if anything, they ever do in their kitchens to make nutritious, inexpensive, tasty real food. If I can do it, it ain't brain surgery...
December 30, 2008
I believe, that like with any long term consumption of junk food, it has become not only a habit, but also a physical addiction to salt and sugar. These women scarf up kiddie leftovers for their lunches, eat this junk with them at dinner and snack along with the kyds as well. Then, they complain of feeling fatigued and of gaining weight, when it's likely that this GARBAGE that they are consuming is the main culprit. Then they moan, "...but it's so hhhaarrrd to not eat it when it's right here in the house all of the time, for the chyyllldren...........". The obvious and best solution is to start out feeding the kyds nutritious meals and snacks. Not only would it be better for the kyds, but it will be less expensive and better for their health as well. I guess it's "monkey see, monkey do" with breeders though, because most ALL of them serve this crap and eat it as well. I absolutely can NOT even stomach "kiddie food", especially the chicken nuggets. Those are nothing more than little compressed squares of sugar and salt, perhaps with a shredded chicken neck or two tossed in for flavor, rolled in flour and fried in grease. Then of course they are flash frozen after already having been made nearly void of any nutritional value, for MONTHS and then thawed out during transport and distribution as they sit in grocer aisles for hours on end. Then RE-frozen to sell at a retail level and RE-thawed out for home use and then straight into the microwave they go. VERY gross and unhealthy. I HATE it when they act like they think it's "cute" when they eat it too,eye rolling smiley
December 30, 2008
clematis
And pesto? And s m o k e d......s a l m o n???? What is WRONG with those moms?

They have neither taste nor class.
December 30, 2008
Jeezus Kee-rist! Who wants that kid crap when you have GOOD food around. I think breeders were probably raised on that crap themselves because their moomie and duddie let them be "picky". I have loved stuff like shrimp and smoked salmon since I was a sprog and NO WAY would I pass up gourmet food for chicken fingers and juice boxes.
Anonymous User
December 30, 2008
It was our turn to host xmas dinner this year ,so we decided on doing a cocktail party with canapes,we had gravlax samon with capers,mini prawn cocktails,ect i was adamant that it was not going to be "child friendly food",so the MIL brings these shitty pizza things for the kids and the adults eat them as well, i think next time it is our turn i will be keeping the good stuff for ourselves and feed them the shit beige food they crave.and they didnt even like the drinks we served and it wasnt like we had poor quality,we had moet,corona, the cocktails were made on top shelve spirits,
as medusa no taste or class.....
December 31, 2008
DH splurged on a lovely bottle of Moet for our anniversary. I adore champagne, and it made us both all giggly in the grandest, silliest, most elegant, and loveliest way. No wonder champagne is Miss Manners' favorite beverage.

Gravlax? Prawns? Oh my, those are the parties I'd like to be invited to. I hope there was plenty of the special treats left over for the hosts (after the guests ate the pizza thingies). Mmmm, gravlax for next day's breakfast over the paper...wow!

They have neither taste nor class.

I have to say I come from a blue-collar background, and am proud of it, and DH and I are lower middle class--but we still love experimenting with new foods and trying all sorts of things, and the time spent cooking stuff from scratch is amply repaid in the soul-satisfying goodness of the results. I'd rather do without cable so as to afford some good ingredients for a yummy dish. Both of us devotedly listen to NPR's "The Splendid Table" each week like rapt altar boys...bouncing and laughing
December 31, 2008
I'm not a culinary snob or anything, but if it involves frozen mini "egg rolls", so called, mini frozen pizzas, hot dogs on a stick, cheese in a can, viennas on a toothpick, anything that requires it to be dipped in ketchup, or beverages in a box with a mini straw stuck on the side, then I am NOT interested.
December 31, 2008
I agree; there are some "bas cuisine" foods that I love, like KFC, the Philly cheese steak at our local 24-hour diner, the coneys (and root beer!) at "Bill's" 50s-era coney shack near our house, anything from our local "Chick-Inn" drive-in (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g42837-d539797-Reviews-Chick_Inn_Drive_In-Ypsilanti_Michigan.html) sometimes Taco Bell, and the occasional corn dog at a fair, but by and large stuff made from scratch doesn't really take much more time and is so much better.
December 31, 2008
The bottom line is: Breeders. Have. No. Class. Sorry they messed up your party.friendly hug
December 31, 2008
MerlynHerne
The bottom line is: Breeders. Have. No. Class. Sorry they messed up your party.friendly hug

They did not really mess up the party, us CF people were shocked that they ate that crap. We got a good laugh at them as we usually do.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 31, 2008
I don't understand kid's food. To me, it seems like a kid who eats processed chicken nuggets could just as easily eat homemade breaded chicken, or a kid who eats Uncrustables (frozen pb&j sandwiches with the crusts cut off) could just as easily eat around the crusts of a fresh pb&J sandwich. If I have anything decent to say about my stupid breeder aquaintances it's that at least they make such things as chicken fingers, mini hamburgers, sandwiches and pigs in a blanket with good ingredients from scratch for their rotten sprog.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but does add a question to my personal test as to whether or not a person is even qualified to parent. "Do you think processed, pre-made, frozen pb&j sandwiches are a good idea?" If they answer yes, they get sterilized. Seriously, if they're the kind of assclown that thinks it's TOO MUCH WORK to spread crap on bread, they should not breed.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 31, 2008
I wouldn't have made one single provision for kids. Most of the little buggars are overweight and could stand to shed a few pounds anyway. LOL
December 31, 2008
I have a relative who grazes off her kids' plates- mostly fries. Revolting.
December 31, 2008
When it comes to food, most breeders have taste in their arses and NO class... There is NOTHING appetising about eating deep-fried chicken arseholes, multi-animal cocktail sausages, and nasty "pizza" squares. But they do, because they're addicted to sugar and fat and it's a habit that'll be passed down to the next generation of two-legged butterballs. eye rolling smiley
December 31, 2008
When I was a kid, they didn't really have all this processed crap. Swanson tv dinners was about it. Whenever I'm at a grocery store like a Kroger's and see a breeder with a full cart, I can't believe what crap it is. Processed frozen foods, spaghetti-o's, canned vegetables, potato chips and cookies, cake, etc. No wonder kids these days are so overweight.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
By the time I was eight I was cooking for myself, and sometimes I would cook the family dinner. So, if an 8 year old male could cook why the hell can't a 30ish adult cook an actuall dinner?

I have recipies I invented that to this day people ask me for.
December 31, 2008
I think cooking skill is one of the most attractive traits a man can have. It shows to me that he's confident enough in his own skin that he doesn't pay mind to silly gender roles and instead can do creative and yummy things. Very cool. One of the things about DH that initially attracted me to him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login