Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goals For 2009

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Goals For 2009
December 31, 2008
I don't do resolutions. They're so open-ended, it's impossible to keep them. I prefer goals. Here are mine:

• Get a Vasectomy
  • Finish law school
  • Move to Arizona
  • Pass the Bar Exam
  • Get a Good Job as an Attorney
  • Resume Skydiving
  • Resume Flying
  • Get into Pistol shooting competitions
  • Get into Shotgun Competitions
  • Travel to Australia for a week-10 days
  • Start Looking for a House/Condo

I figure 8/11 would be a good start.

What are your goals?
Anonymous User
Re: Goals For 2009
December 31, 2008
Mine are sort of similar to yours:

1) Find a new job.

2) Apply to Law School

3) Get accepted into Law School

4) Talk about sterilization

5) Take riding lessons to learn how to do reining.

That's it for now
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
1. Continue my swing lessons
2. Start Rockabilly Jive dance lessons
3. If possible this year, go to Scotland, otherwise to visit friends either in Austria, Belgium or California.
4. Resume my sewing lessons with my MIL and buy a sewing machine.
December 31, 2008
My #1 goal is to win power ball and retire young LOL though life's pretty damn good the way it is.

Hubby and I do have some travel goals - our list of places we want to visit, we've got some projects on the horizon at the house, and our general list of yearly things we like to do (hang with friends, festivals, concerts, bike rallies, etc.). No plans for major changes in our lives - just kinda live day to day and not stress. We do want to get out and do a lot more hiking.

I'm a software analyst and though I don't have plans to change fields, I guess a goal I do have is to stay abreast of the industry standards and continue to apply them at work.

*SIGH* I know, we have boring lives.
December 31, 2008
1. Ride the Pacific Coast highway on my motorcycle ( doing this in August)
2. Resume my candle making
3. Take a pottery class
4. Continue with my workouts and running
5. Spend more time on my deck, enjoying good wine.
6. Hike more
7. Camp more
8. Just enjoy my CF life.

I am not really a resolution person. I am pretty much already doing what I want, I just need to set aside more time for my candle making.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
My big goal is to complete my Master's Certificate in graphic design.
December 31, 2008
I already achieved my big goal 2 months ago (see #1 below). Anyway, my goals are:

(1) Don't do anything so screw up my retirement.

(2) Don't get into any car accidents (not that I am a bad driver, but most everyone else out there IS!).

(3) Stay reasonably healthy.

That's it.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
1. Don't breed.
2. See #1.
3. Keep my job.
4. Get in better shape somehow.
5. Save even more cash.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Here are mine:

1. Graduate College and Start Grad School
2. Find a Job that doesn't require the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
2. Lose Weight
3. Save for Retirement and Add to Emergency Fund
4. Take a Vacation to the Coast of Maine at the End of 2009 (if the economy isn't further down the shitter, that is)
Anonymous User
January 01, 2009
1-Get a job (Two weeks ago yesterday, I lost my job of 19 yrs!)

2-Save money

3-Be positive and surround myself with positive people

4-Get some of this weight off
January 01, 2009
1. Set up and follow a more rigid schedule of research, writing, gardening, and hobby time
2. Incorporate 1 hr of to-and-fro biking to library 3x a week
3. Establish food budget and save leftover money
4. Continue to enforce boundaries on how certain family members treat me--life is short, I want supportive people around me
Theresa
January 01, 2009
1. Find a decent job.
2. Finally start a savings
3. Lose Weight
4. Learn to Crochet
5. Do more art
Anonymous User
January 01, 2009
1- get better Job
2-Move the hell away from where I am now
3-Trip more kids with heelys
Anonymous User
January 02, 2009
my goals are;

1. get a vasectomy
2. get back into cycling
that will do for now..
Marzipan if you come down to australia let me know i will show you around sydney if you dont know anyone here...
January 03, 2009
My goal for 2009 is not to worry so much about weight. Looks are temporal. Who I am inside is what truly counts. I do want to get more in shape. I hate the huffing and puffing when taking a walk in the neighbourhood. That is not good and shows I need more exercise but exercise I enjoy doing. I am going to NA as well as AA. I never did anything in moderation. Excess is my middle name and I need that program as well. AA is great but people get so wiggy over how only alcohol should be discussed rather than addiction as a whole. It is a purist attitude. So, I am broadening my scopes this year as well. Happy 2009, Everyone! smiling smiley
January 03, 2009
1. Graduate college
2. Enroll in another school
3. Get my driver's permit
4. Buy Yoshi's Story
5. Dye my hair something crazy (since I on;y have a few more years to do so before I have to be "mature")
6. Do more art for myself (besides art for school and clients)

I'd love to also say "lose weight", but I know that won't happen. Weight loss has been a big pipe dream for a long time.
Non-PoliticallyCorrect
January 04, 2009
> I'd love to also say "lose weight", but I know that won't happen. Weight loss has been a big pipe dream for a long time.

I've been there, and I've said that in the past, too. Trust me, it CAN be done. It isn't easy, but beleive me, it is SO worth it!

I made it one of my new years resolutions for 2008 and with some discipline and hard work, it sure paid off. I lost over 25kg last year (which is what, over 50lbs?), and this year hope to get my weight down to the ideal healthy weight for my height and body type, etc.

How did I do it? Firstly, I went on one of those diets that involves two meal replacements a day and then a 'sensible' meal afterwards. It also contained guidlines for what you should and shouldn't eat during the diet. Yeah, it took some getting used to, and I won't lie to you, getting a wiff of the junk food cooking at the take-out shop across the street was hard to ignore when you were only supposed to be eating a bowl of soup for dinner. Secondly, I started walking to and from work. Granted, this might not be an option for everyone, but not only did it increase my metabolism (which helped to speed up weight loss, as the diet was designed for mostly sedentary people, or those with limited exercise opportunities), it allowed me to save $ on petrol and other car related costs (parking, wear and tear, etc). Thirdly, as a byproduct of the diet, perhaps, you become more aware of what you eat, and you start to view the bad food you may have been eating before in a different way. Suddenly you look at it and don't really think of taste, but how much it would set you back if you were to eat it. Before the diet, I didn't give a shit about what I was eating, or how many calories it had or what its fat percentage was - if it tasted good, I put it in my shopping trolley. But during the diet, especially once I started seeing some real results, I became serious about following it to maximise the benefits - I started reading the labels on products to make sure they didn't contain more than a certain amount of fat or carbs.

Yes, it is an adjustment, and it will take getting used to. Definately you will be tempted to revert back to old ways from time to time. But beleive me, if you WANT to lose weight and are willing to do the hard yards, beleive me, it is so worth it. You'll feel better, you'll have fewer problems buying clothes (and they look better as well) and you'll have more energy in general (oh, plus the opposite sex will find you more attractive... blushing

Don't give up. Turn it from a pipe dream to a reality. It's not impossible.

PS, if I've touched a nerve here, or if what I have said above sounds as though I am implying laziness or unwillingness on your part, that is certainly not my intention - no offense intended in this post at all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login