Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Year, New Moo

Posted by liz 
New Year, New Moo
January 01, 2009
Well, it's that time of year again, folks. . .I opened the daily fishwrap only to be bombarded by the sight of the first sprogs born this year & their gurning fools of parunts (who are all extremely fug IMO)

Why the fuck is this considered news? Are there not more important things going on than a loaf happening to slide outta it's moo's slimehole at a certain time? Do breeders not get enough wholly undeserved attention as it is? shrug angry flipping off

On the bright side, even if we CFers have had or will have shitty New Year's Eves - at least we won't be spending them literally shitting out loaves (or witnessing the sorry spectacle if you're a CF male). drinking coffee

Happy CF New Year to you all!
Re: New Year, New Moo
January 01, 2009
Around here, which is Breeder Central, USA, every Valentine's day the local paper has an entire section (several pages) where everyone can post their kiddie pics from the prior year for free and it seems that they ALL take advantage of it. For a fee, they can pay extra and get a bigger space and make comments, which about 1/3 of them do that as well. We have baybees with Santa caps on, baybees fresh out the snatch with it's eyes all squinty and skin still wrinkled, with it's cord still attached, we have cutesy toddlers in all TYPES of fun attire from cowboy outfits to princess dresses. THEN, there is a whole area on one page dedicated to child deaths in the past year and of course MANY (if not most) are nothing more than bloody kotex'. Here, we have stillborn Chrystiana who was the greatest joy ever known to man pre-birth and the most BEAUTIFUL baybee ever, even though she was born deceased and was missing half her brain and her hands and feet hadn't yet formed, then we have 3 day old Cletus who "...brought more happiness in his three short days on earth than most people do in a lifetime...." (that should be a new baybee bingo it's said so often) Then there's the many many more who are simply listed as "Lost gifts from God" which are CLEARLY miscarriages in the tampon stage because they have no dates or names.

The whole thing is covered in hand written (and paid for) messages like "We miss you Chrystiana!!!!!!!!", or " Baybee Myracle is with Jesus now!", or "Mommy and daddy will ALWAYS remember you!", with a bunch of juvenile looking little pink and red hearts scattered about. Assuming that they are aware that dead baybees don't read the news paper, the only explanation for these "messages" would have to be that either they are idiots, OR that they want additional attention for their loss and want EVERYONE to know that they are still grieving their heavy periods or deformed baybees being born dead. They absolutely will milk anything kiddie related for as long as humanly possible and it TOTALLY gets on my nerves.
Re: New Year, New Moo
January 04, 2009
kidlesskim
Around here, which is Breeder Central, USA, every Valentine's day the local paper has an entire section (several pages) where everyone can post their kiddie pics from the prior year for free and it seems that they ALL take advantage of it.

I don't know if they're still doing it, but our paper would do that at the end of the year too: have a whole "Baybees Of The Year" section.

And my Mom and I would laugh our arses off at the pictures and hold an "Ugliest Baybee" contest. I swear, we laughed so hard we'd get jaw cramps! My Mom was cool. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login