Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Next to Hedonism...

Posted by SlumSlut 
Next to Hedonism...
January 02, 2009
I was just reading CF Chick's blog, and this came up while I was researching my reply:

http://www.superclubs.com/brand_grandlido/pr_sunsandstork_121807.asp

Here is the entry on her regular blog (many of you already read this; I saw it on her myspace page first and left my comment there):

http://www.childfreeclique.com/2009/01/happy-new-year.html

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: Next to Hedonism...
January 02, 2009
I HATE breeders having to take their kids everygoddamnwhere! My parents took me with them to Europe and the Middle East when I was young, but they made damn good and sure that I BEHAVED! None of this feral bullshit. They had babysitters available at many of the hotels and that is where I would be until they got back from a bit of an evening alone. Hey, I was happy because I had picture books or colouring books or what have you. But today, these asshats bring their goddamned brats everywhere and have no concept of disciline nor a desire to apply it when necessary.

And it seems that if WE CF want an ADULTS-only resort, it either ends up being some kind of perv hang out or a couples-only set up which is fine if you aren't single. It would be nice if there was a CF resort with areas for couples and even clothing optional, but also areas for those who are not in a couple or just travelling alone.

It just seems like the breeders HAVE to screw up places that are desirable to CF people. It's like God forbid a CF person would have a place to enjoy peace and quiet, maybe commune with nature or whatever...nope, have to drag those brats along and shove them in everyone's faces.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2009
poofy_puff
http://www.superclubs.com/brand_grandlido/pr_sunsandstork_121807.asp

Sorry - links are still screwy, here's the corrected link: http://www.superclubs.com/brand_grandlido/pr_sunsandstork_121807.asp
January 03, 2009
"Five-day Procreation Getaways for Prospective Parents, Super-Inclusive

"2008 is a time for new beginnings and a fresh start, so it's no wonder that the innovators at SuperClubs are making inroads into the very next exciting travel trend. Introducing conceptionmoons at SuperClubs! Launching January 1, 2008, new procreation packages "Sun, Sand & Stork" will invite prospective parents seeking a romantic jumpstart to getting in a family way. Available at the AAA Four Diamond Grand Lido Resorts & Spas and the recently renovated Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club, aspiring moms and dads can retreat into luxurious accommodations, and enjoy aphrodisiac aids to ease this thrilling, and sometimes stressful, experience.

"Couples are greeted with a delectable and mood-setting welcome basket, with champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, and tropical fruits smothered with whipped cream. Fertility-enhancing red clover and raspberry teas are stocked in rooms daily, and a book on conception techniques counsels couples with encouraging tips, a 30-minute couples massage and reflexology session for hopeful moms."

In a way, I find this sad. If you find your (male in my case) partner rugged, sexy, charming, sweet, and considerate....well, then, if whipping up romance is the thing, then you just saved $2,100 and can stay at home (pragmatic/boring Midwesterner's viewpoint).

In another way, this is just the latest schtick for the resorts to rake in more money, and anyone who buys into it is pretty silly. "Fertility-enhancing red clover" is just New Age woo-woo. Bah. You know they're gonna charge you an arm and a leg for each of those choco-strawberries, too, yes, they will.

And if you specifically book a "conceptionmoon" with them, can you imagine the possible winks and comments and stuff from other attendees or maybe even the staff? (shudder). I personally would find that undignified and an invasion of privacy.

I'm not into sweets anyways. Now, if instead of some canned resort they offered something with a fireplace, snails in garlic butter, buttery garlic toast, something drowning in melted moldy cheese, a chance to visit a Moroccan souk, and an international selection of olives...well, now you're talking.bouncing and laughing
January 04, 2009
The ONLY good thing about this is that it says for "aspiring moms and dads". This is a BIG RED FLAG that they are marketing to first time breeder wannabees, so there will be NO KIDS!!!!!!!!! If it wasn't for the sideways glances and tongue in cheek winks that would likely come your way as a guest, and the very REAL probability that moo wannabees will descend upon other females with blank, mindless, baybee rabid chatter while the men sat in the bar going, "So, your wife dragged you here too, huh?", I would consider going. I can't imagine anything worse though than being at a resort in close proximity to a bunch of pasty faced moocow wannabees with their grocery bag sized purses filled with ovulator tests, preggo tests, thermometers, fuck charts, and their endless mind numbing babbling about the details of their conception attempts with their shit for brains and limp dicked husbands.
January 04, 2009
I don't blame the resorts who are doing this. They know that moo-wannabees will gladly hurl money at anyone who mentions the word "baby," so they're just making money and laughing all the way to the bank.

I'm actually glad they have something like this, it will empty the wallets of the more baby-rabid of the bunch and hopefully make things better for the rest of us when we go on our own vacations.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login