Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shovel the sidewalks for da CHYLDRUN!

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Cheese Louise
Shovel the sidewalks for da CHYLDRUN!
January 03, 2009
The next breederific instalment in the Winter from Hell...school is supposed to start again after Xmess break this coming Monday. We've had record snowfall since before Xmess break started. Now that school is imminent, there is massive mooing and lowing about how there is nowhere for the fragile little darlings to walk except the street. Granted this is not a good situation, but EVERYONE is faced with the same thing anytime they want to walk anywhere. Now suddenly there is a public and media outcry for people to shovel their sidewalks "so the little ones can get to school!"

Well, WTF about the taxpayers who have to get to WORK? There seems to be very little concern about them.

I should add that there is a city ordinance that states that homeowners and business owners are responsible for clearing the sidewalks on their property. Many people aren't. Some are of course disabled or elderly, but the vast majority are just lazy-assed.

Regardless of the reason the walks aren't cleared, if the parunts are SO concerned about Snotleigh walking to school, why aren't THEY out there shoveling the neighborhoods around the schools? Noooo, that would be toooo haaarrrrd. Everyone ELSE in the goddamn village is supposed to do it...and line the walks with red carpet while they are at it!

Some parunts are mooooooing that they think school should be canceled. Yet the same parunts who are whining for school to be closed are the same ones who scream the loudest at the mere mention of making up the lost time in the summer. "But we have our fambleeeeee vaykayshun!!"

Any excuse to pull the little bastards from school. Kids nowadays are already dumber than rocks, and breeders want them in school LESS?

angry flipping off angry flipping off angry flipping off
Re: Shovel the sidewalks for da CHYLDRUN!
January 03, 2009
The last thing the little retarded bastards need is less time in school.
January 03, 2009
As if the lazy little turds ever WALK anywhere!
Anonymous User
January 03, 2009
Um...perhaps maybe it's time to teach the brats about capitalism, as in if you shovel walks you might get paid. And lose some weight, too.

Oh, wait. Shovels have edges. They might break skin, or whatever coat they're wearing. We can't possibly allow that to happen.
January 03, 2009
I am from the deep south originally, so I had only ever even seen snow three times in my life until I moved to Kentucky in 06, so I am sorry if this question is ignorant. Why can't they walk ON or over the snow? Why can't moomie drop them off at school, or has the school not shoveled IT'S 'snow? Don't the busses drop the little bastards off at the front door? Other than for the bike riders and walkers, I fail to see how this could be a problem. Like I said though, I don't know much about it.confused smiley
January 03, 2009
kidlesskim
Why can't they walk ON or over the snow?

When there's so much snow that you're knee-deep in it, it's pretty hard to walk. The City has to at least clear a path.
January 03, 2009
Even up here in SE Michigan, we only get maybe 4-5 really deep (6 inches or more) snows per winter. The western side of the lower peninsula gets a lot more from lake-effect snow coming off Lake Michigan. I've had to shovel a grand total of only 1 time thus far this winter, from a 7-inch snow we got a couple weeks ago. I don't mind it and shoveling is good exercise, not to mention easy with the ergonomic bent-handle shovel we have. Not a big deal. The average city house here has about 20-30 feet of sidewalk in front of it (we don't have sidewalks, being in the township), which I imagine would take 15 mins tops to shovel.

The lowing moos should read "The Children's Blizzard," about a deadly and tragic storm in the late 19th century and how comparatively ill-equipped people were back then compared to today, to get a grip already.

The book's description of what it's like physically and mentally to freeze to death is particular haunting and stuck with me.

http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Blizzard-P-S-David-Laskin/dp/0060520760/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231046130&sr=8-1
Cheese Louise
January 04, 2009
We have already had over 60 inches of snow this winter, and it's not even half over. That's FIVE FEET! The mayor and governor have declared a state of emergency. Plows have been running 24/7 since Dec. 18. In many places there is nowhere else to put the snow. The piles on the side of the road are probably 8 feet high in some places. We've had a bit of thawing here and there, and now it's cold as hell again, so much of the snow has turned to piles of ice. It's impossible to walk on that, and where the sidewalks are obliterated, people resort to walking in the street. I just read an article about how you can't find a snow shovel, snow tires, or tire chains ANYWHERE in town. It's truly is the winter from hell.

But back to the mooing. Yes, this is horrid, but we ALL have to deal with it. Those of us with jobs HAVE to get to work. We don't have the option of whining "CANCEL WORK!" You find a way. The sad thing is that the school district probably WILL cave to breeder demands and close school, after they have already been off since Dec. 18 (they got to start Xmas break 2 days early because of snow).

This just points out how today's breeders are pansified pussies beyond what I even thought. Instead of whiiiining, why not get tough, rise to the occasion, and organize carpools, for example? Why don't the SAHMoos offer to take turns driving a bunch of kids in their neighborhood to school? This whole thing sends yet another very bad message to kids. When the going gets tough...whiiiiiine your way out of it.
January 04, 2009
I get so sick of these stupid breeder bitches always whining about everyfuckingthing! So walk the brats to school in the street if you have to. I haven't liked walking in the street in really snowy weather or after a big snowfall, but I've done it. Or how about the moocows getting out in their SMOOOVs and carpooling to get the brats to school. Jeeezus Kee-rist! Do the CF have to think for you stupid breeders, too. Sure looks that way.

And yeah, the little asshats need MORE time in school, not less!
January 04, 2009
Cheese Louise
In many places there is nowhere else to put the snow. The piles on the side of the road are probably 8 feet high in some places.

Yep, that's the other problem: even if you shovel, you end up with nowhere to even put the frakking snow anymore. It sucks! angry smiley
January 05, 2009
Here in Balto the Sun ran a story about how the mommies are fussing because they are sick of the long vacations (little snow, of late) and the kids are making them climb the walls. They want it both ways, I guess.
January 05, 2009
Those poor moms. Sick of long vacations? Wouldn't that be the ideal time to bond with the wee ones and do all sorts of fun crafts and games and daytrips? Aren't they dying to spend time with their precious little bundles of joy? God forbid they want time to themselves or the chance to pursue adult pleasures; that would be so selfish!!!
Cheese Louise
January 05, 2009
There is quite the "debate" raging about this at one of our local news sites. I say "debate" because, as usual, it's mostly moos lowing about how "unsafe" conditions are for their precious snowflakes. I'm being bingoed left and right. There are a few other voices of reason chiming in, but not many. Not surprising. We've tried to point out that if it's unsafe today, it'll STILL be unsafe tomorrow and the next day and next week, etc. etc. If breeders wait until it's completely "safe" it'll be March! I also tried to suggest that if it's so goddamn unsafe for the darlings to walk to school, parunts could buck up and show some creativity and resourcefulness by organizing carpools. All the stay-at-home parunts could take turns dropping off and picking up a few brats in their 'hood. But NO. It's easier to just whiiiiiiiine and throw up their hands in despair and give up.

I then pointed out that if it is so damn unsafe to be on the roads, then it's just as unsafe to be going to the malls, movies, ski areas, etc. etc. Funny how they can't make it to school, but they CAN make it to the fun stuff. I requested that they all STAY HOME and off the roads for all of the rest of us schmucks who HAVE to get to work. I then tried to point out that all the breeders and brats want school canceled so they can play, but you can bet your last dollar they would all want a fully staffed emergency room (for example) if they needed it. Fucking hypocrites. It's hopeless...I don't know why I waste my blood pressure on these idiots.
January 05, 2009
Wow, if it's so difficult and unsafe for the chyyyldren, imagine what hell it must be for the elderly and disabled.

In my neighborhood, about half the walks get shoveled. The ones that don't seem to be college students about 60% of the time (so either lazy students, or lazy landlords), fambilies with children 30% of the time with disabled and elderly people making up about 10% of the uncleared walks. So maybe, if they think it's unsafe, they should get out after it stops snowing and CLEAR THEIR GODDAMNED WALK, or hire someone.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login