Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The comic strip Cathy

Posted by allison 
allison
The comic strip Cathy
January 05, 2009
Did anyone read the comic strip Cathy yesterday? Cathy and Irving are visiting her parents. Then Cathy's moo asks them if they'd like to take home a list of things they never get a chance to do, recipes, family videos, and an empty picture frame she bought for the photo of the grandkid she prayed that Cathy and Irving should have given her by now..
Re: The comic strip Cathy
January 05, 2009
Cathy should have been retired long ago, IMO
January 05, 2009
At least she hasn't sprogged...yet

I bet this is foreshadowing.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
CJ
January 05, 2009
"Cathy" hasn't been funny in a long, long time. That said, it's one of the few comics that actually shows a married woman who doesn't have kyds. So it's notable for that reason.

You're probably right, Feh. This is probably the beginning of the quest for the holy sprog. Of course, Cathy is getting a little old by now--how 'bout an IVF plotline to make things interesting?:eh??
January 05, 2009
I haven't followed Cathy since before she got married. While it was pretty funny at times, I usually found it a somewhat annoying comic. Now that I know that it's setting up for a baybee I doubt I will read it again.
January 05, 2009
I hate Cathy with a bloody passion, but do you know which strip is even worse? For Better or For Worse. It sucked to high heaven for the last 5-6 years or so with the introduction of the Patterson grandchildren, but now it's even worse since she reverted to retro strips from the 80s. Someone needs to take that strip out back and shoot it.
January 06, 2009
Cathy is married??? Shows how long it has been since I looked at the comic. I never did like it because Cathy was too desperate for a man. So...she finally got her Irving...
January 06, 2009
This breeder bingo moo of Cathy has demonstrated this 'baby rabies' many times before. Many times: as such I despise the woman.

I do not know the mindset of the cartoonist: I do not know if they are CF at heart.
One thing is (but the strip would be dumped the second it started questioning the breeder mindset) interestin: it could be turned into quite a scenario for a baby wreck life. Use the strip to show the NEGATIVE aspects of breeding. Ignored husbands who finally move to greener pastures, nasty selfish moodom, etc.

I had one Cathy strip from long ago that I liked. Cathy is visiting with friend who has baby. Baby shrieks, Cathy comments it split her eardrums. Moo blithely states 'oh, she is going to be opera star.' Baby gums shoes, Cathys says something, moo also just passes it off with some other exonerating startement. Baby pulls Cathys hair, "Oh baybee is just practicing pullups". Cathy states 'baby has removed biological desire to have children in 30 seconds flat. "Fast worker, isnt' she?" states moo.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 06, 2009
Krishna
Cathy is married??? Shows how long it has been since I looked at the comic. I never did like it because Cathy was too desperate for a man. So...she finally got her Irving...

LOL I have not read Cathy for at least 15 years. I did not know she was married, either. I am glad I did not miss anything.
CF Uter
January 06, 2009
I'm glad Arlo and Janis only have one sprog and Sally Forth only has one sprog. I think they recently comtemplated another sprog recently and talked themselves out of it "at their age". Yeah, some mass media item w/ sense!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login