Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems?

Posted by Ex_Admin 
Problems?
January 05, 2009
Well, the site got moved to a new server today. However, that server had too much traffic so it got moved again. I just got to my computer and it appears there have been problems. The board was down, but the main site wasn't...so that must have been something *I* did. I guess. Posts went missing? I saw marriedwithrabbits had 2 posts disappear. Anyone else have this problem? I backed up the site in the wee hours, so I'm afraid that anything posted today that isn't showing up is gone.

I'll try and figure out what's what, because it appears there have been about 40 posts added since I logged off which seems unusual. And the features I upgraded (some admin functions to help me as well as url links on the board) STILL don't work properly, so :cen me. Gah!
Re: Problems?
January 05, 2009
Thanks for all your work on the board, Admin. I so enjoy it, and I hope things smooth out soon.
Cheese Louise
January 05, 2009
The only thing I noticed was a blank screen when I tried to visit the site, but I don't know if that's related.

Thank you again for all your work maintaining this site. I'm so glad it's back!!! :yr
Anonymous User
January 05, 2009
Still, we really do appreciate all your hard work you've put into this place recently. There are going to be bugs and glitches, that's to be expected. The only problems I've had is some of the emoticons were not coming up, and spaces and new paragraphs were not working either. That seems to be fine now though.

Thank you again!
January 06, 2009
Well, I now know why some posts disappeared today. It was me. I think I've fixed it. If not, I'll just repost them.

ETA: And I just noticed I just got moved to another server. So, it's hard to tell what the deal is with posts disappearing and reappearing. I took screenshots of most of the threads from the last 24 hours, so if push comes to shove and they disappear again, I'll just post the screenshots. So from now on, everything should work on your end with the exception of posting links. I still haven't figured that out yet, but I will fix links as I find them. The remaining problems are on my end and have to do with admin functions that won't effect you all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login