Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Off topic: New York is A DUMBASS limosine liberal state

Posted by twocents 
Off topic: New York is A DUMBASS limosine liberal state
January 07, 2009
This is somewhat off topic, but I do think it is relevant. Maybe the upstaters have more common sense, but where the hell do they come up with these idiot judges..
We have a guy over in shipping. Nice guy, rents 1/2 of a house. The downstairs tenant who moved in about a month ago is a hard core druggie. I do not know if he is also a dealer but my friend has called the cops 7 times in the last couple of weeks. Fights, etc, all the attendant shit that goes on with these pieces of shit drug addicts.
The landlord tried to change the locks but the guy got the cops and the cops told him the little addict had to have 30 days notice to evict. The sad thing is, when it DOES get to court, I'm sure whatever judge is pulled is going to pull the same stuff we see these 'gentle discipline' moos do. "Oh, give the poor little addict another chaaaance. He promises to go to rehab and he'll be a goood boy."
No wonder it is a welfare queen state.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: Off topic: New York is A DUMBASS limosine liberal state
January 07, 2009
I have rentals and it is a pain in the ass to evict anyone, the courts are really sympathetic for single breeders and drug addicts.
Your friend has the right to quiet enjoyment of his rental, and this idiot is impeding that.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 07, 2009
Say what one will about the midwest and the fundie atmosphere... on the positive side they WILL throw anyone out (at least the judge we had to deal with up in the northwest corner would) if they do not pay rent or are druggies and such.
This judge actually ordered the eviction of a welfare moo with a newly shatout loaf, with two weeks notice. This woman was apparently so hated that the marshall made the statement that he hoped she overstayed the two weeks so he could have the satisfaction of literally tossing her to the curb. Of course, from what I understood she bleated in court 'but what about my baaaybeee'. That did not make any difference whatsoever.
This was before ouy time at the trailerpark.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 07, 2009
DH and I know a guy (in upstate NY) who owns some income property and had his own way of dealing with such renter scum. If the tenants wouldn't leave after being formally evicted, he would go in and remove the doors from the place--take them right off the hinges and haul them off the property. If they still didn't leave, he'd start taking out the windows. How he got away with it, I'll never know, because it does seem like some namby-pamby judge would have a big problem with such a direct approach violating an evicted tenant's rights, but it got pretty immediate results.

This situation you describe does sound a little different, though, as a landlord does have to go through legal eviction proceedings to remove a tenant from a property, even if they are in direct violation of the lease. One reason I would never want to be a landlord is that the tenant now has at least thirty days to trash the apartment, and while you'd probably win any court case suing for damages beyond the security deposit, good luck on collecting it.
January 07, 2009
Tiquer
DH and I know a guy (in upstate NY) who owns some income property and had his own way of dealing with such renter scum. If the tenants wouldn't leave after being formally evicted, he would go in and remove the doors from the place--take them right off the hinges and haul them off the property. If they still didn't leave, he'd start taking out the windows. How he got away with it, I'll never know, because it does seem like some namby-pamby judge would have a big problem with such a direct approach violating an evicted tenant's rights, but it got pretty immediate results.

This situation you describe does sound a little different, though, as a landlord does have to go through legal eviction proceedings to remove a tenant from a property, even if they are in direct violation of the lease. One reason I would never want to be a landlord is that the tenant now has at least thirty days to trash the apartment, and while you'd probably win any court case suing for damages beyond the security deposit, good luck on collecting it.

I have bribed a few tenants, that if they move out, I will give them back 100% of the deposit, but they must leave right then. They usually split when I bribe them.
I now check 3 a minimum of 3 references, credit check, criminal history check, and employment check. I am pretty lucky,so far no breeders have applied to rent from me, I would have to break the law and deny breeders, I don't want their kids trashing the place.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login