Two Different Elderly People Trapped in Tubs for Days

Posted by kidlesskim 
Two Different Elderly People Trapped in Tubs for Days
January 08, 2009
2 Stuck In Tubs For Days In Separate Cases
Wis. Woman, Utah Man Both Say They Fell

POSTED: 7:06 pm EST January 7, 2009
UPDATED: 7:53 pm EST January 7, 2009

"An 86-year-old woman who fell in the bathtub of her home in a Milwaukee suburb said she was trapped there for four days.

Lt. David Aamodt said police in Cudahy were called Tuesday to check on the woman after family members could not reach her for several days. Officers found a newspaper from Sunday outside when they arrived at the home.

Aamodt said police found the woman in the tub.

She told police that she couldn't get out after falling in and thought she'd been there for four days.

The woman was taken to a hospital. Police said they do not know her condition.

A Salt Lake City man also said he slipped and fell in his tub and was trapped there for five days.

Lou Beddow, 82, was found Tuesday by a neighbor who noticed Beddow hadn't been walking his dog for a while

The retired postal carrier said he survived on tap water after he slipped and fell in the tub Friday.

Salt Lake City Fire Department spokesman Scott Freitag said Beddow was hospitalized in serious condition and may have suffered compression injuries."

eye rolling smiley Neighbors and famblee members FINALLY noticed that they were missing? Where were their children and grandchildren who were supposed to be "taking care of them in their old age", while they lay naked and helpless in a bathtub for days on end? I would be willing to bet that they are childed because if they were not, than that would have likely been mentioned. The breederific media RARELY misses an opportunity to point out how it's just for the best all around if people breed.
Re: Two Different Elderly People Trapped in Tubs for Days
January 08, 2009
If your elder is so infirm they are unable to climb out of a bathtub you should check on them daily and make sure a neighbor has a key.

(trying not to think about naked old people)
January 08, 2009
Good to know that the same little beaming toddler who lept up and down, threw her arms around you, and yelled "I love you mommy!!!" 20 years ago frankly wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire today.

House spiders get stuck in tubs too, but I just wash 'em down.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 08, 2009
see i find it hard to get out of a bath, because my ankles can sprain just by looking at them, let alone in water in slippery baths.. (showers are worse standing all the time, moving about)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I don't even wanna know how they went to the bathroom. Did they just poop in the tub? shrug
January 08, 2009
Whee, can't wait to be old!sad smiley
I am hoping euthanasia will be legal by the time I get to old to take care of myself.

Kaye
January 08, 2009
Kaye
I am hoping euthanasia will be legal by the time I get to old to take care of myself.

Me too. Quality of life, not quantity.
Medusa
Kaye

Me too. Quality of life, not quantity.

That's the same thing I told a friend of mine (a breeder btw). I said my quality of life is far more important than how long I live, and that if the quality ever goes down to the point of no return (like with a terminal illness) I'd rather end it now than suffer until I die naturally. Well, my so-called breeder friend told me that I was selfish, depressed, and needed to be on medication because of what I said. Breeders, I'll never understand their mentality. shrug

Kaye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login