Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toddler Drowns in Cow Shit; Moomie is a "hero" for trying to revive her

Posted by kidlesskim 
Toddler Drowns in Cow Shit; Moomie is a "hero" for trying to revive her
January 09, 2009
Mother unable to revive daughter
Taranaki Daily News | Saturday, 10 January 2009

"A remarkable tale of a mother's courage has emerged from a Taranaki farm tragedy in which a three-year-old girl drowned in a cowshed settling pond. (shrug HOW is anything about this story "remarkable"???)

Summer, three, and Brodie Frank, two, had wandered off from their home, on Skeet Road near Auroa, south Taranaki, just before 7pm on Thursday.(confused smiley Why isn't moomie watching her toddlers?)

The childrens' mother found them in the pond, which holds runoff from the shed, and jumped into the liquid muck to drag them out.
(eye rolling smiley How is this "heroic", like "aunty" says?)

Summer died at the scene. Brodie spent four hours in hospital after his ordeal and was taking medication in case he had swallowed anything from the pond.

He was in good spirits yesterday.

The family is devastated by the death.

Senior Sergeant Mike Hannah, of Hawera, said the children were found in the pond a short time after they went missing.

"She (the mother) has discovered the kids missing and has gone looking for them, she found them in the settling pond," Hannah said.

"She has immediately started CPR and contacted emergency services."

The pond was between 100m and 200m from the house, he said.

(confused smiley I am still waiting on them to say how this was a show of..." courage, remarkable, or heroic", to try and save them after they were allowed to wander off a couple of hundred meters and toward a KNOWN cowshit pond)

Hannah said the girl's family were devastated by her death.

"The family are distraught, as you can well expect with a tragedy like this," he said.

Summer's aunty, of Auckland, who did not want to be named, said the little girl they nicknamed Mini because of her petite size was "like no other."

"She would wake up every morning with a smile on her face.

"When I spoke to her on the telephone she would always say she missed me and loved me before she gave the phone back to her mother."

Summer loved to help out around the house and wanted to be involved in everything, including cooking breakfast and peeling potatoes for tea, she said.

"She just wanted to do everything, she had a real "I can do" attitude, she would say `Summer will do it'."

(eye rolling smiley Why WOULDN'T a 3 y/o wake up happy? Do they have bills to pay, a job to go to, yards to mow or laundry to do?. It's no big show of intelligence either to parrot, "I miss you, I love you", on the telephone, ALL kyds do that. As for her "can do" attitude, apparently it doesn't apply to attempting doggie paddling in a cowshit- sludge, quicksand-like, nasty pond. I would have NEVER gone near anything gross like that at age 3) )

Summer adored her mother and father.

The aunt said the family considered Summer's mother to be a hero.
( shrug Again, in WHAT way? Trying to revive a kyd who she negligently allowed to wander off toward a KNOWN danger zone, is NOT "heroic". It's a lot of things, but "heroic" is NOT one of them.)

"It is every parent's worst nightmare to see that," she said yesterday."
(sleeping They ALWAYS say that, always. )

confused smiley Why do they always play up these parentally negligent stories as something other than what they are? It appears that if the parent isn't outright guilty of murder, then they light candles, set donation cans about town, bring over casseroles, and lament about it being "A parent's worst nightmare".
Re: Toddler Drowns in Cow Shit; Moomie is a "hero" for trying to revive her
January 09, 2009
kidlesskim
Trying to revive a kyd who she negligently allowed to wander off toward a KNOWN danger zone, is NOT "heroic". It's a lot of things, but "heroic" is NOT one of them.)

Exactly! Where the frak was she - bizzay posting on a moo board at the famblee computer? "Hero" my arse.
When I was still deciding whether or not I wanted kids, (this was around age 15) I went through all the worst case scenario's that could happen. Somehow, having my kid drown in a pool of cow shit didn't even cross my mind shrug. I guess I wasn't imaginative enough...

Kaye
Medusa
kidlesskim
Trying to revive a kyd who she negligently allowed to wander off toward a KNOWN danger zone, is NOT "heroic". It's a lot of things, but "heroic" is NOT one of them.)

Exactly! Where the frak was she - bizzay posting on a moo board at the famblee computer? "Hero" my arse.

THIS.
my worst nightmare, was having all my skin flayed off, and walking around with all the muscles showing and veins, i could feel each blade as it cut and the skin was ripped off..

but what do i know, i am not a pahrunt

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
What the hell! Cow-Crap? LOL
I don't see anything heroic about it. All I see is pure neglegence.
0% heroic and 100% total neglegent - simple as that.

Totally agree Medusa. The moo must of being busy trolling CF forums whilst the kids running outside swimming in a pile of bio-waste-manure called 'Cowshit'.
If that was cowcrap manue. Why the moo didn't put a wall or fence so they don't do into the waste sludge.
Oh noez, you took the words out of my mouth, now I have NOTHING.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
poofy_puff
Oh noez, you took the words out of my mouth, now I have NOTHING.

I doubt that.
Rose Red

I doubt that.

OOh, a complete sentence! I stand corrected.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

Tiresome, bottle washer.
I don't wash bottles, I wash BEAKERS.

And that's MS. Beaker Washer to you.

The factory farms ubiquitous in the Midwest, here, have huge sludge ponds/poo vats/manure reservoirs that can be quite dangerous--in the underground pits, ammonia builds up to frightening levels and has killed people who've fallen into the pits. So what was this moo doing in failing to monitor her child? How does a kid "wander off" into a poo pit? Why would it be "heroic" for a moo to try and save her kids from having idly wandered, unsupervised, into a stinking repulsive revolting poo pit?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login