Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeah...attachment parenting really works...Dear Son 3.5 is pooping on floor

Posted by Anonymous User 
Hearing stories like this definitely reassures me that I made the right decision to have fur kids who are easy to poddy train. This is from one of our favorite AP forums:

" DS (3.5) is pooping on the floor every day and besides that DH and I are losing our sanity having to clean it up, we rent and we can't keep getting poop on the carpet! Plus what about when LO2 comes along? It's gotta stop!

He won't potty train.. he outright refuses and I don't believe that making it a fight/struggle will help anything so we're not potty training anymore. We're waiting for him to tell us that he's ready because it isn't going to happen until then. But, he also won't wear a diaper. If we put one on him, he takes it off. And when he needs to poop.. he hides somewhere and does it on the floor. Even if he knows he needs to poop he won't do it on the potty.. like tonight he said he needed to poop on the potty, went and sat on it for a few minutes, got up and said he couldn't poop, then went in his room and pooped on the floor. He doesn't get in trouble because I don't think that's the right reaction, we just calmly explain to him that poop goes in the potty and can he please poop in the potty next time, not on the floor? And he always says "Okay, I will poop on the potty next time!" and then it just happens the same way next time. When I ask him why he poops on the floor or why he won't/can't poop on the potty, he just says he doesn't know. Which is what he says whenever he doesn't want to talk about something.

How can we make it stop!? We can't go on like this!
"

I am sorry but at 3.5 years old they a kid should not be pooping on the floor. I would definitely do more than give the brat a time out. If I would have done something like that at that age my ass would have been grass and I would have loved a time out. The comments from the other AP moos are great too. There is one who has a brat that is 5 years old and still not potty trained!! What the holy Hell?? And another moo suggested setting down news paper in the bathroom and teaching the shitling to go there instead...which IMO would only suggest to the kid that it's ok to poop on the floor. I fear for these kids as they become adults. There is no way they will grow up to be functioning members of society with this type of parenting.

I am so glad I will never have to deal with this unless I get a new puppy and then since apparently a puppy is smarter than a brat it will only be for a few weeks before they get it.
these kids are turning into animals,

and you wonder why he is doing it I don't believe that making it a fight/struggle will help anything so we're not potty training anymore. and He doesn't get in trouble because I don't think that's the right reaction

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
LOL, I almost posted this one yesterday! I thought that some of the comments were funny too like the one about putting newspapers down in stratregic places, or getting a "low potty" so he could squat, duct tape his diaper to him, or teaching him to hang his ass over a bathtub, etc.......I liked how one of the admins, "MILKMONKEEZMOM" chimed in there and gave the best advice, for once in her life. She said that it's either diapers 24/7 OR the potty and that there should be "natural consequences" to his shitting on the floor. The "natural consequences" of course wouldn't include a good old fashioned ass whooping or getting locked in the bathroom though, but rather his having to clean it up and his loss of freedom because she suggested that he be tied up through a beltloop or something to his parents, so he couldn't sneak off and shit in a corner.

She basically said that they should physically connect the kyd with them , AT ALL TIMES, so that he couldn't run off and shit in the floor. I can not IMAGINE going through ANYTHING like this. If they would have smacked that kyd the first few times when he shat in the floor, then he would have stopped shitting on the floor YEARS ago. This is absolutely ridiculous.two faces puking
I don't know if it's lack of sleep or what, but I couldn't stop literally laughing out loud at this post. The kid's acting like a damn simian and his parents don't think there should be consequences?

I'd sit him down on the can and tell him he's not going to move until he goes, no matter how long it took. Bring a paper in there to read (not crap on) and a stool and sit there until something is produced. The only way he'll learn is by being forced to use the toilet.

This image keeps popping up in my head of this generation fully matured and leaping around like apes with spittle hanging from their mouths looking for the closest litter box.
kidlesskim
The "natural consequences" of course wouldn't include a good old fashioned ass whooping or getting locked in the bathroom though, but rather his having to clean it up and his loss of freedom because she suggested that he be tied up through a beltloop or something to his parents, so he couldn't sneak off and shit in a corner.

The problem with that is that the so-called "attachment parenting" doesn't actually involve parents who want to be attached to their pets. Er, kids. How else is moomie supposed to spend 12 hours a day lowing online about how brilliantly she's raising her calves and what an awesome superhero she is because she doesn't follow any of societies rules for nutrition, childrearing, or anything else for that matter?

Physically limit herself to constant visual proximity of a floor-shitting toddler? Le gasp! She didn't become a SAHM to work!

Society isn't going to just let this calf run around and shit in the supermarket as an adult. You can bet there'll be consequences for his actions as an adult. There's no freakin' kindness whatsoever in failing to teach your children early on that unacceptable actions have consequences. The job of a parent is to protect and teach your children everything they need to function in society as adults.

The job of a breeder is to just get as many puppies out of the mill as possible.
If it were me, I'd rub the kids nose in his piles of shit. It used to work for my grandfather's dog when it shit the floor, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work on a kid. The kid is acting like an animal, so he should get treated like one.

I imagine Moo and Junior don't get invited to a lot of other people's houses...and I wonder what will happen when Junior is still shitting the floor when he reaches schooling age. Will the teacher have to suck it up and dodge random piles of excrement as she teaches the kids their ABCs? Or will Moo decide that potty training her kid is too damaging to his delicate self-esteem and just homeschool him so the big mean evil outside world doesn't judge him?
Konkurrent
kidlesskim
The "natural consequences" of course wouldn't include a good old fashioned ass whooping or getting locked in the bathroom though, but rather his having to clean it up and his loss of freedom because she suggested that he be tied up through a beltloop or something to his parents, so he couldn't sneak off and shit in a corner.

The problem with that is that the so-called "attachment parenting" doesn't actually involve parents who want to be attached to their pets. Er, kids. How else is moomie supposed to spend 12 hours a day lowing online about how brilliantly she's raising her calves and what an awesome superhero she is because she doesn't follow any of societies rules for nutrition, childrearing, or anything else for that matter?

Physically limit herself to constant visual proximity of a floor-shitting toddler? Le gasp! She didn't become a SAHM to work!

Society isn't going to just let this calf run around and shit in the supermarket as an adult. You can bet there'll be consequences for his actions as an adult. There's no freakin' kindness whatsoever in failing to teach your children early on that unacceptable actions have consequences. The job of a parent is to protect and teach your children everything they need to function in society as adults.

The job of a breeder is to just get as many puppies out of the mill as possible.

....without them being returned Defective...

duct tape his diaper to him

At first I thought you were going to say to duct tape him to the toilet. Now that's a hell of an idea! :spin
School will be fun for this kid... It'll either solve or exacerbate this problem.

Also: Note to self: Never own rental properties...
Wasn't the black plague partly caused by the fact that raw sewerage was just left lying in the streets rather than being disposed of properly? It's like living in the middle ages, except without the contributions to art and music. If these moos are going to let the brats go all turd world on homes that someone else might want to live in some day, the least they could do is teach them a little bit about the fine arts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Wasn't the black plague partly caused by the fact that raw sewerage was just left lying in the streets rather than being disposed of properly?

I get chills when I read about life in 19th-century Michigan. People of course had no notion of germ theory and often situated their wells just mere feet from their privies; I've seen pictures of such arrangements. Or they'd put their well smack dab in the middle of their (manure-filled) hog pen or what have you...and those pioneers died like flies by the tens of thousands from typhoid and cholera, both of which are caused (roughly speaking) by water contaminated with human feces.

After my last dog barfed on the carpet one too many times (through no fault of hers, but an illness), I got out the boxcutter. NO WAY was I living in a house with stained carpet. I cut it all up and ditched all the carpet, every last bit. Now we have hardwood floors that are easy to sweep and mop.

I cannot imagine living in a 19th-century-style shit-smeared home. That nasty is soaking into the pad under the carpet. You can spray and scrub and steam and you'll NEVER get it all out. Ever. I'm not a paragon of housecleaning but I cannot imagine how anyone could tolerate such disgusting filth.
Marzipan
Also: Note to self: Never own rental properties...

Go ahead and be a landlord - just rent to CF folks. Just don't say "no kids" or you'll get sued or something stupid like that... just find reasons to reject the people with kids.

Or maybe a pet/child security deposit. And word it exactly like that, cause that won't rile up the moos at all...

CrabCake
At first I thought you were going to say to duct tape him to the toilet. Now that's a hell of an idea! :spin

Duct tape is a hell of a good babysitter. Back in my ill-spent youth I dated a crazy moo. She had two boys but made her parents (whom she did not live with) raise her children because she found it hard to screw anything with a Y chromosome with those two boat anchors around. I somehow got stuck with them for a couple hours. We played "Houdini".

First I told them all about Houdini. Then I duct-taped them to a chair and they tried to escape while we all watched TV.

And before someone gets outraged, the kids had fun. They just didn't realize that I was having more fun than they were.
Time to take the little whelp to the obedience school.

And put it on leash and train it with a rolled-up newspaper!angry smiley

If the duh and moo object (if they're not too passive like that), we are doing it for the GREATER good of the whole society.eye rolling smiley
Re: Yeah...attachment parenting really works...Dear Son 3.5 is pooping on floor
January 12, 2009
They could try what my childed aquaintances are doing with their untrained 4 year old...give him a quarter for a piss in the toilet, and a dollar for a shit. Because everyone should be raised with the expectation of payment upon deposit.
And these ass clowns have another! AWESOME! :smn

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
my uncle's 3 year old does the same thing. He has relieved himself on their couch, floor, in their car, and outside in front of the neighbors.
They think it is funny. I find it gross and unsanitary.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Feh
They could try what my childed aquaintances are doing with their untrained 4 year old...give him a quarter for a piss in the toilet, and a dollar for a shit. Because everyone should be raised with the expectation of payment upon deposit.

Your post made me laugh, because you made me think of my mother. When I was in middle school I found out that some of my friends got paid for their report cards, $10 for each A, $5 for each B, or whatever amount it was, I don't remember. So I came home with my report card and asked if I could be paid for my good grades as well, since all of my friends were. My mother's response was "NO! We don't reward you for what you're expected to do," puncuated by a smack upside the head with the report card she was holding.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Exactly.

I got paid for doing chores when I was a kid, but honestly that's not right IMO. It used to be that you did the chores because that was your responsibility as a member of the family. You didn't get paid for family work. If you wanted money you did chores for other people.

Being paid to wash the dishes, sweep the floor, or shit in the toilet simply raises the option of not being paid for not doing those things.

You never, ever give a kid an option where one of the choices is something you don't like. Like when I was growing up, if I was at the dinner table and didn't want to eat what I was given, the options were "eat it anyway" or "go to bed". Either option was fine with my mom because either way she got something she wanted - me fed or me out of her hair. I liked neither option but generally speaking hated bedtime more than lima beans.

Rewarding children for routine behavior simply reinforces the sense that they're entitled to rewards for simply not misbehaving. "I didn't put the kitten in the blender. Where's my money?" Of course considering how much these entitlemoos feel they deserve everything their little hearts desire it's no surprise they're raising their calves the same way.
Feh

When I was potty training my parents bribed me with "a money" every time I used the toilet successfully. Of course, the major difference here was that "a money" meant a penny, so I maybe accrued 50 cents by the time I finished potty training. And I wasn't 4 years old, either. I was the normal age for toilet training.

Giving a 18-month old or two year old tangible motivation isn't such a problem. When you have to bribe a 4 year old who should know better, that's a huge problem.
He shits on the floor, make him eat it. Believe me, in 24 hours it will be Problem Solved.

If I suggest that to the parents, and the following will happen:

1 - They turn red and steam comes out their ears.

2 - They start howling about how disgusting I am.

3 - They lecture me, with straight angry faces, about how filthy and disgusting poo is.

4 - They become aggressive and suggest maybe I should eat poo.

5 - I tell them that the next time I shit on my floor, I will eat it. Deal?

6 - I'm called a child-hater for not understanding their floor-shitting brat. But somehow their floor-shitting brat is not called a parent-hater.

7 - It will be they, and not I, who wait until lights-out to silently weep into their pillows for what their sad little lives have become.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
DBF and I were at Thanksgiving dinner a couple years ago at his Dad's wife's sons house. They had the $10,000 IVF miracle there as well. Regular kid I guess, if your used to hanging around kids. Luckily grandma and grandpa were more than happy to entertain the kid. While we were eating dinner, the kid 3-4ish had to go potty. He was gone a little longer than mom thought he should be and she went to check on him. She came rushing through the kitchen a few moments later to get come cleaning products to which dad said. "Did he miss again?" to which she replied, "No he shit right where he wanted, in the closet".

I literally had to bite my tongue not to laugh out loud, as I just gave DBF that "I love you so much for not wanting kids" look.
To that $10,000 they can now add $350 for a carpet cleaning machine (and "stupid-tax").
Wow. Just, well, WOW. I'm glad I don't rent property to these assholes.

I have a few suggestions:

1. regular beatings
2. as said above, duct tape the diaper to the kid
3. regular beatings
4. punishment for any time the poop does not go in the diaper or toilet
5. regular beatings
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login