Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Breeder Whining About Food Guidelines.

Posted by CherryBlossom 
More Breeder Whining About Food Guidelines.
January 11, 2009
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5255497/parents-healthy-food-guidelines/

Parents call for healthy food guidelines
January 12, 2009, 12:02 am

Parents are boycotting cinemas, swimming pools and sporting events because of their junk food-laden menus, a new poll suggests.

And they want governments to enforce healthy food guidelines across the hospitality industry.

The poll conducted by advocacy group, The Parents Jury, quizzed more than 250 of its members about childrens' eating-out options.

More than 60 per cent of the parents said they were dissatisfied with food options for their children when eating out.

And half said they often avoided taking their children to certain venues because of the unhealthy food served.

The poll rated cinema menus of popcorn, choc-top ice-creams and fizzy drinks as the worst, closely followed by swimming pools and sports centres.

The Parents Jury said healthy food guidelines, similar to those already in place at school canteens, should be implemented.

"We need to move beyond the current culture that assumes that children won't eat anything other than chips, nuggets, ice-creams and soft drink," spokeswoman and mother of two Jacqui Deighan said.

"It's about having healthy options, low fat, low sugar, low salt, and a greater focus on fresh foods.

"If these options were provided then parents would not feel so much pressure when they take their kids to the movies to buy popcorn and coke."

But the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) said a more comprehensive strategy including education on diet and exercise, not national guidelines, was needed.

"The thing about this debate was not whether the food was healthy but how much you eat and what level of exercise you do," AHA chief executive Bill Healey said.

"There's nothing wrong with hamburgers and chips as long as you don't overindulge in those products and exercise."

Mr Healy said the market place also was responding to a higher demand for healthier menu options.

"The market place is demanding healthier options and we are responding to that."

Oh, for fuck's sake. Here's an idea you whiney, breeder fuck faces: If you want healthy options for your cuntlets when going to places like that, BRING YOUR OWN GODDAMN FOOD FROM HOME. the world 'fail' on flames angry flipping off
Anonymous User
Re: More Breeder Whining About Food Guidelines.
January 11, 2009
Aren't there bigger fish to fry (pardon the pun) than this for Government?
Anonymous User
January 11, 2009
So many things wrong with this subject.

Personally, if I owned a cinema or any such place where parents might bring their kids, I'd be happy for them to boycott me. Keep out your brats and bitch moms so I can get other adults to give me business.

I'm just done with these bitch moms trying to police the fucking world, for any kind of health reasons related to their children. Just because your kid needs things a certain way doesn't mean we should all cater to them. It's your responsibility to handle those things. Bring your own damn "fresh options" to the theatre with you.

When I worked in the schools last year, there was always the mom with the kid who had some kind of food allergy, usually peanuts. They would always send out a fucking PACKET about their kid and its requirements for staying alive, to the teacher, the nurse, and the office. Why does it seem like every kid comes with its own instructions now? When I was in school, we all ate peanut butter sandwiches every day and none of us died. These moms demanded no peanut products even be in the same room with their kid. I just get so sick of everyone having to change their ways for the sake of the one special kid and its martyr mommy.
January 11, 2009
Here's a thought. If the parents don't want their kids to eat junk, how about the parents not buying them junk? I personally like *occasional* junk food like nachos or a big ol' greasy burger. That's my choice. If those moos are so concerned about "healthy choices" for their kids, take some carrot sticks from home and quit preaching to the rest of the world.

I despise the whole prissy ethos of "healthy choices" and "healthy eating" and all that rot anyways. That's not the way to live. You can eat really good, really fine food in moderate portions and not explode like a blimp. All this joyless, emaciated, low-fat, low-carb, low-fat nonsense treats food, one of the best and most sensual pleasures of life, like some sort of arid currency or commodity. It's horrid. In my opinion.
January 11, 2009
clematis
Here's a thought. If the parents don't want their kids to eat junk, how about the parents not buying them junk? I personally like *occasional* junk food like nachos or a big ol' greasy burger. That's my choice. If those moos are so concerned about "healthy choices" for their kids, take some carrot sticks from home and quit preaching to the rest of the world.

I despise the whole prissy ethos of "healthy choices" and "healthy eating" and all that rot anyways. That's not the way to live. You can eat really good, really fine food in moderate portions and not explode like a blimp. All this joyless, emaciated, low-fat, low-carb, low-fat nonsense treats food, one of the best and most sensual pleasures of life, like some sort of arid currency or commodity. It's horrid. In my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. There is NOTHING wrong with good food, people just need to learn how to listen to your body. There's this great little hole in the wall Italian resturaunt near me, and I'm sure that the nutritional information on any of the entrees would be enough to make any health nut faint. But my husband and I eat there often, and neither one of us is fat. It's about listening to your body. If you're full, stop eating. It's not a crime to take leftovers with you. Try and be active instead of sitting in front of the TV and eating potato chips all day. It's not really that hard to eat "bad" food and not be overweight.

The thing that makes me the most annoyed about this is that the moos can't do their job properly, so they try and ruin it for everyone else. You know what? If I want to go to the game and eat a big ol' hot dog loaded with chili and cheese, that's my choice. I shouldn't have to be limited in my choices because some moo doesn't know how to say "no" to her brat.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 11, 2009
There is NOTHING wrong with good food, people just need to learn how to listen to your body. There's this great little hole in the wall Italian resturaunt near me, and I'm sure that the nutritional information on any of the entrees would be enough to make any health nut faint. But my husband and I eat there often, and neither one of us is fat. It's about listening to your body. If you're full, stop eating.

I absolutely agree. I'm actually kind of relieved someone agreed with me since so many people are so hyped on the "healthy choices" food neurosis in this country. Just this evening I made a rice pudding for dessert but it was so rich I stopped eating it after having a nice taste and saved the rest for my breakfast tomorrow. And I made a carbonara last week that was probably 10 miles off the charts for "heart healthy." But it was SO GOOD. You have to satisfy your soul, too. I don't want to live to 100 if it means subsisting on &*#^$ rice cakes.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't want parents dictating my food choices to me or anyone else; how childish. I look to my idol and heart-throb (after my DH, I hasten to say), Gordon Ramsay (swoon). I think he'd laugh these joyless, earnest "healthy choices" ding-dongs right out of Hell's Kitchen, yessir.

Pass me some of that risotto and some of those scallops sauteed in butter please, mmm, thank you, tasty.
January 11, 2009
I don't mind places offering healthy choices, but these whores won't rest until NOTHING is offered but a carrot sticks, fruit wedges, and a bottled water "Smiley" tray and ruin it for everyone else. These obese little fuckers are NOT getting that way by having a coke and some buttered popcorn at a movie. They are getting fat and out of shape because of all of the JUNK that they are allowed to eat at home, and because the government has to pay for PSA's to remind kyds to "Go out and play an hour a day", because they are so damned lazy. You can ALREADY get non buttered popcorn, pickles, bottled water, and diet drinks at the movies, so WHAT do they want to be offered? If they start having veggies, can you imagine the various coolers and equipment that they would have to install, the extra money it would cost to hire someone to prepare it, clean up after it, etc...... Besides, places like movie theatres are'nt currently regulated by the health department like a restaurant, because they are NOT a restaurant and shouldn't be botherd with serving the little bastards 50% of his recommended daily requirements during a 90 minute movie. Can you IMAGINE the mess that they would leave behind? Popcorn and nachos is bad enough, but think of how nasty a piece of broccoli would get after a few days wedged under a seat wadded up in a kiddie snot rag.

These bitches need to stay at home in their perfect little plastic bubbles and keep their idiot kyds with them.ranting
Anonymous User
January 11, 2009
Junk food could make breeders boycott? This gives me an idea...

The Twinkie Coat.

As the name implies, it is a coat made entirely of Twinkies. Obviously there's a lot of immediate and obvious problems that will have to be solved (not exactly ideal rainwear, the squishiness, etc) but I think we could engineer a functional Twinkie Coat if we put our minds to it. Then the moos would be horrified by our mere presence and steer their drooling brats well clear.

Imagine, walking into a restaurant and having every breeder in the place give you the evil eye and make for the door!
Anonymous User
January 12, 2009
haha. its funny because australia is now officially the fattest nation isnt it?

im australian and when i was a kid my parents made all our lunches always. we weren't even allowed to spend our own pocket money on junk food. we used to bring unsalted un-buttered popcorn in little brown bags to the movies and juice boxes. we used to be so jealous if we saw other kyds eating complete crap but now im so glad my parents refused all that.

in my experience, when a group in australia calls for healthy food or whatever its usually all talk and ends up being rebuffed. oh well. guess we'll keep our obese national pride.
January 12, 2009
They can TAKE their brats out to graze on grass and LEAVE the rest of us the HELL alone!angry smiley
January 12, 2009
i am fat, i am genetically predisposed to be fat, but i am healthy,

http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/

this site above explains some interesting stuff

its all about control, thats what these people do.

but 60% of 250 people thats not a large sample, thats 175 people, thats not large,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Non-PoliticallyCorrect
January 12, 2009
See, here's the thing. Those venues have been serving "junk food" for DECADES. We didn't have an 'obesity epidemic' 20, 30, 50, 60 years ago, so why now? There are other factors at play here. Namely the ones mentioned above (mostly parents being too lazy to control their brat's intake). That's pretty much what it comes down to.

And like another person suggested above - bring your own healthy food if you don't want to pay for greasy, salty, fatty overpriced food from whatever venue you are inflicting your children upon!
January 12, 2009
(ot)
That Junkfood Science blog has won an award and looks really interesting. I love blogs/articles that dig beneath the hype/accepted BS. I'm bookmarking it to read later; thanks Mercurior.
(/ot)
January 12, 2009
It's a holistic thing- before they accuse the enemy outside the gates, if they structured their food and exercise at home appropriately, then the onus would not be on the outside world to adapt to their mistakes.
January 12, 2009
no probs clematis, i love reading it, its full of the truth, rather than the hype of the press, like this obesity and junkfood.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 12, 2009
It's not the food, it's the lazy ass breeders who refuse to say "no" to their children's demands.

I am a member of a food coop, and every month I get a newsletter which includes some letters from the members. Some are complaints, some are suggestions for new products, some are questions...and pretty much every couple months there's a letter from a breeder complaining that their children can see the candy, cookies, chips (whatever) and that these things should either be placed higher than the children can reach, put it their own aisle, or kept out of the store entirely. Why? Because their children see them, and want them, and then they (the people who bred them and chose to not allow them to eat any snacks whatsoever) have to say "No" to their child and it makes them feel bad. Serious.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
>>>>>>See, here's the thing. Those venues have been serving "junk food" for DECADES. We didn't have an 'obesity epidemic' 20, 30, 50, 60 years ago, so why now? There are other factors at play here. Namely the ones mentioned above (mostly parents being too lazy to control their brat's intake). That's pretty much what it comes down to.

I was thinking the same thing. Besides, when a restaurant has "real" food, isn't the parunts who were bitching that they had no "familbllee friendly" food and always asking for mac and cheese, fries and chicken nuggets. It is THEY who started that crap in the first place!

Not to mention, the breeders WOULDN'T BUY IT, B/c Bratley would cry if they got an apple instead of French Fries. Who the FUCK are they fooling?

I have had 2 different sets of parunts tell me they HAD to stop EVERY time they passed a McD's b/c their 3 y.o. or older kyd would cry. (great parunting, huh?) Even if it was 4-5 times a day in one trip and the kyd didn't even eat the entire hamburger. ( I suggested giving him the uneaten food, and she was like "uh, I didn't even think of that." DUH! I wanted to suggest giving 'em a swift kick in the butt, but that wouldn't go over as well.) (isn't it amazing that we CF CAN identify and find INSTANT solutions to child problems, see post about the candy at the grocery store thread, even tho we aren't parunts? Incredible, isn't it?)
January 12, 2009
Parunts and brats boycotting the movies? Be still my heart! It would mean that CF could go to see a movie and actually ENJOY it without breeders and brats ruining it for everyone else.

Moos mooed and lowed until they got “Famblee-friendly food”. Instead of teaching chyldren to eat heathy food, they let them eat anything they want, and now they want to ban “movie food” for everyone else—just because they are unwilling to actually DO TMIJITW, which includes teaching their spawn to eat healthily.

If you cannot teach your chyldren to eat properly, do not expect other venues to do your job! Send something healthy with them to the movies, or better yet, stay home and leave the rest of us the hell alone!angry flipping off
January 12, 2009
I have had 2 different sets of parunts tell me they HAD to stop EVERY time they passed a McD's b/c their 3 y.o. or older kyd would cry. (great parunting, huh?) Even if it was 4-5 times a day in one trip and the kyd didn't even eat the entire hamburger.

I should show that comment to my mom...she'd die laughing. The idea! 4 or 5 times a DAY? How can anyone possibly afford that? Why is the parent training the kid to whine and beg constantly for what should be an occasional special treat, and get away with not finishing the food? That's out of control and a complete lack of parenting if you ask me.
January 13, 2009
And what about MARKETING to the spoiled brats?

Half the stuff in a whole supermarket are geared toward the sprogs! And most of it is sugary junk, too!=P
clematis
There is NOTHING wrong with good food, people just need to learn how to listen to your body. There's this great little hole in the wall Italian resturaunt near me, and I'm sure that the nutritional information on any of the entrees would be enough to make any health nut faint. But my husband and I eat there often, and neither one of us is fat. It's about listening to your body. If you're full, stop eating.

I absolutely agree. I'm actually kind of relieved someone agreed with me since so many people are so hyped on the "healthy choices" food neurosis in this country. Just this evening I made a rice pudding for dessert but it was so rich I stopped eating it after having a nice taste and saved the rest for my breakfast tomorrow. And I made a carbonara last week that was probably 10 miles off the charts for "heart healthy." But it was SO GOOD. You have to satisfy your soul, too. I don't want to live to 100 if it means subsisting on &*#^$ rice cakes.

Right on. I totally disagree on the fact that cookies, cakes, burgers, hot dogs, puddings and other so-called 'decadent" foods are classified as "devil foods" when they can be eaten in moderation.
clematis

I should show that comment to my mom...she'd die laughing. The idea! 4 or 5 times a DAY? How can anyone possibly afford that? Why is the parent training the kid to whine and beg constantly for what should be an occasional special treat, and get away with not finishing the food? That's out of control and a complete lack of parenting if you ask me.

I know, the stuff WE hear from THIS generation of parunts, our peers, you NEVER heard our parents generations talk about, maybe one in a million, but this is like everyday conversation if you venture out and get stuck speaking w/ a breeder these days. If our parents generation were bad parunts, you might have a poor student, some small time stealing, and little troubles in schools and get a suspension here and there, HS dropout and they would just be a grunt worker for the rest of their lives, but our generation of parunts, have their kyds so out of control you hear the craziest stories from them regarding every aspect and every kyd is a brat everywhere you go, and they expect you just to ignore it b/c they're just kyds.

When I hear a story like the McD's story, I used to think it would be a one time thing, but now I realize, with today's breeders, no story is too crazy not to hear multiple times from multiple parunts. So, I just shake my head in an understanding way and try to forget it. :chug
January 13, 2009
What passes for child-rearing these days makes me happy that I never wanted kids and now that it's too late, I am thrilled. Most modern parents do not know how to raise their kids because their own parents did a shit job of raising them. That bullshit with the McDonalds? My mum would have slapped the crap out of me the first time I tried it...no more McDonald's crap. And peewins? Hell, I got told off in spades for doing stupid shit...I was really embarrassed afterwards and so I took care not to do it again.

I got a load of the child-rearing practices of those who were even a half-generation removed from me and it only made my CF committment that much stronger. My ex used to say the she chose her battles. WHAT BATTLES? Bitch, by the looks of it you lost the war!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login