latest freecycle moan: bedwetting alarm

Posted by clematis 
latest freecycle moan: bedwetting alarm
January 13, 2009
Quote:

Hi,

I am in need of a bedwetting alarm for my son...I can't afford to buy
one right now because I am not working...we have tried just about
everything else...If you can help please let me know....

Thank you, (X)

WTH is a bedwetting alarm? What, does it wake up the whole house with sirens and flashing red lights whenever Little Man wees into his mattress? two faces puking Put the kid in Pull-Ups or better yet put him on laundry duty. A few rounds of washing and drying and folding should help immensely, I'd think.
Re: latest freecycle moan: bedwetting alarm
January 13, 2009
What a ridiculous request.
January 13, 2009
Better dimbo than me.
Besides, by the time the thing goes off, it's too late..I think.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
clematis
WTH is a bedwetting alarm? What, does it wake up the whole house with sirens and flashing red lights whenever Little Man wees into his mattress? two faces puking Put the kid in Pull-Ups or better yet put him on laundry duty. A few rounds of washing and drying and folding should help immensely, I'd think.

Clamatis you are funny about the Bedwetting alarm because I was laughing to bits when you this topic. LOL.
This is interesting.

I have never heard of this Bedwetting Alarm. This is the funniest thing I've ever heard.
Now I just Google it up and this is some breeder invention.
This is the first time I've heard of this alarm.

Moo should stick with diapers instead.
January 13, 2009
Oh, for crying out loud....what's next, a robotic chip in a diaper that reminds the mother that Junior has taken a crap?

"Mis'tayk....has...soiled...his diaper. Please change...at....earliest convenience. This message will...be repeated...until diaper is cleaned." *BEEP*

two faces puking

"The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent." -- Mel Lazarus
"Women who miscalculate are called mothers." -- Abigail Van Buren
"Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one." -- Chinese proverb
January 13, 2009
I know the perfect bedwetting alarm...an electric blanket. When the circuit box goes boom, it means Pissleigh wet the bed. Simple, affordable, and can be found in most places. I guarantee the kid will never wet the bed again once they get fried with a few hundred volts of electricitry. They also might never breathe again, but that's besides the point. grinning smiley
January 13, 2009
Disgusting. Pissing in bed. Yea, that shit really makes for lots of warm fuzzies, Kodak moments, and reasons that I'm sure every parent says it's aaaaaaaalllll worth it.

Can you imagine what that place must smell like? Images of a boiler room urinal come to mind.
clematis
Quote:

Hi,

I am in need of a bedwetting alarm for my son...I can't afford to buy
one right now because I am not working...we have tried just about
everything else...If you can help please let me know....

Thank you, (X)

Please tell me this is a joke and that stuff like this doesn't exist. I think those alarms would make it worse. And why not do both?
January 13, 2009
Well, the baybee monitor craze that was supposed to end SIDS deaths doesn't seem to have worked, so I doubt that these piss alarms will either. Supposedly and ideally, once the kyd leaks out the first stream of urine, the alarm goes off, wakes the kyd up, and he is able to get up and go potty. However, I don't see how that will stop lazy kyds who would rather piss on themselves or in a 2 liter coke bottle and roll it back under his bed, than to actually expend any energy getting up and using the toilet like any decent human being would. I know for a fact that some kyds are completely aware that they are pissing on themselves while in bed, but they do it anyway because 1) They don't want to get up 2)It's "warm", and/or 3)They know that moomie will clean it AND them up and they won't have to lift a finger. After medical reasons for pissing the bed have been ruled out, and after a reasonable time period of training the child, good old fashioned shame and punishment need to used to stop this nonsense. Make them lay in it OR make them get up, strip the bed, put their own clothes and bed linens in the washer, take a shower AND remake the bed, are all good punishments. I also think that they should have to sleep on plastic sheets, which of course are VERY uncomfortable, until they can control their pissing on the bed.

For the die hard little bastards who will NOT stop pissing themselves at night, there are other options. MAKE it wear adult diapers or those new "tween" pull ups ("Good Nights", I believe they are called), hang it's piss stained sheet out it's window for everyone to see if it takes the pull ups off, make it sleep on piss repellant linens like the plastic I mentioned, and/or do not allow it to eat OR drink anything after 5pm and MAKE it piss before it goes to bed. Make pissing before lights out MANDATORY or they can bunk in the bath tub. I think that if there are no medical reasons and the kid won't piss before going to bed or guzzles Mountain Dews before bed, that eliminating his beverages before bed and simply PISSING BEFORE he goes to bed, will likely put a stop to it. It is completely uncalled for when 8 and 10 y/o kyds are pissing on the bed at night, completely. I could understand the occasional "accident", but they really should stop pissing on themselves at about the same time they are potty trained, which would be at or around ages 18 months to age 3. By age 4-5, NO KYD should be needing a piss alarm, if there are no medical or physical reason that they are STILL pissing on themselves.
That CF Chick
January 13, 2009
Doesn't it also wake up Moo and Duh? McPeeleigh sleeps between them in the family bed, remember.
Cambion Wrote:
"I know the perfect bedwetting alarm...an electric blanket. When the circuit box goes boom, it means Pissleigh wet the bed. Simple, affordable, and can be found in most places. I guarantee the kid will never wet the bed again once they get fried with a few hundred volts of electricitry. They also might never breathe again, but that's besides the point."

Now that's a great idea.

Nikki Wrote:
"Please tell me this is a joke and that stuff like this doesn't exist. I think those alarms would make it worse. And why not do both?"

I am sorry to say this Nikki, but it does exist and it's no joke. Also for the added bonus you'll get a Wireless (WiFi) version of the bedwetting alarm.

Try and google it you find it. Believe me when I googled it I cannot belive it.
January 13, 2009
from http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_alarms_hhg.htm

What instructions should I give my child?

When you buy an alarm, give your child the following instructions:

1. This is your alarm. It can help you cure your bed-wetting if you use it correctly. Remember that the main purpose of the alarm is to help you get up during the night and use the toilet. The alarm won't work unless you listen for it carefully and get up as soon as you hear it. Better yet, get up before the alarm goes off.
2. Hook up the alarm system by yourself. Trigger the buzzer a few times by touching the moisture sensor with a wet finger and practice going to the bathroom confused smiley as you will do if it goes off during the night.
3. Have a night-light or flashlight near your bed so it will be easy to see what you are doing when the alarm sounds. Turn on the night-light when you go to bed.
4. Give yourself a pep talk at bedtime. :smn Remind yourself that you want to try to "beat the buzzer." You want to wake up when your bladder feels full but before any urine leaks out. If the buzzer does go off, you are going to try to wake up and stop urinating as soon as you think you hear the alarm, even if you think you are hearing it in a dream.
5. As soon as you hear the alarm when you are sleeping, wake yourself up and close the valve to your bladder confused smiley to stop urinating. Then jump out of bed and run to the bathroom.
6. In the bathroom empty your bladder to see how much urine you were able to hold back. Then work on turning off the buzzer by removing the sensor from the wet underwear.
7. Put on dry underwear and pajamas and reconnect the alarm. Put a dry towel over the wet spot on your bed. two faces puking Remind yourself to get up before the alarm buzzes next time.
8. In the morning, write on your calendar for that day DRY (no alarm), WET SPOT (you got up after the alarm went off), or WET (you didn't get up).
9. Use the alarm every night until you go 3 or 4 weeks without wetting the bed. It usually takes 2 to 3 months before you can go 3 or 4 weeks without wetting, so keep working at it.

An alarm may be covered by health insurance if your physician writes an order for it. angry flipping off
January 13, 2009
clematis
from http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_alarms_hhg.htm

What instructions should I give my child?

When you buy an alarm, give your child the following instructions:

1. This is your alarm. It can help you cure your bed-wetting if you use it correctly. Remember that the main purpose of the alarm is to help you get up during the night and use the toilet. The alarm won't work unless you listen for it carefully and get up as soon as you hear it. Better yet, get up before the alarm goes off.
2. Hook up the alarm system by yourself. Trigger the buzzer a few times by touching the moisture sensor with a wet finger and practice going to the bathroom confused smiley as you will do if it goes off during the night.
3. Have a night-light or flashlight near your bed so it will be easy to see what you are doing when the alarm sounds. Turn on the night-light when you go to bed.
4. Give yourself a pep talk at bedtime. :smn Remind yourself that you want to try to "beat the buzzer." You want to wake up when your bladder feels full but before any urine leaks out. If the buzzer does go off, you are going to try to wake up and stop urinating as soon as you think you hear the alarm, even if you think you are hearing it in a dream.
5. As soon as you hear the alarm when you are sleeping, wake yourself up and close the valve to your bladder confused smiley to stop urinating. Then jump out of bed and run to the bathroom.
6. In the bathroom empty your bladder to see how much urine you were able to hold back. Then work on turning off the buzzer by removing the sensor from the wet underwear.
7. Put on dry underwear and pajamas and reconnect the alarm. Put a dry towel over the wet spot on your bed. two faces puking Remind yourself to get up before the alarm buzzes next time.
8. In the morning, write on your calendar for that day DRY (no alarm), WET SPOT (you got up after the alarm went off), or WET (you didn't get up).
9. Use the alarm every night until you go 3 or 4 weeks without wetting the bed. It usually takes 2 to 3 months before you can go 3 or 4 weeks without wetting, so keep working at it.

An alarm may be covered by health insurance if your physician writes an order for it. angry flipping off

Jesus Christ, what a COMPLETE waste of time, money, and energy JUST to keep a kid from pissing on himself at night. Like I said, if there is no medical reason, then they need to CEASE all beverages after a certain time in the night (early) and FORCE the kyd to pee before it goes to bed. This keeping of charts, nighlights, alarms, up and down constantly to piss and measure piss amounts, covering up piss spots with towels, and whatnot during the middle of the night is RIDICULOUS.
January 13, 2009
A few good swats to its ass wouldn't hurt, either. My ex let her brat pee--she'd scream at him after it happened. Ya, 8 or 9 is way too old in my book for a brat to be pissing its bed. Very few brats really have a physical cause--most of the time it is simply too lazy to get up and use the bathroom and so pisses in the bed instead.

And jesus kee-rist! Insurance PAYING for that bullshit??!! That's one reason that our rates are so damned high!
I was a bedwetter as a kid until I was abou 9 or so. My mom took me to every doctor, tried every medication, everything to try to help me. I had a lot of testing done. It was not something that happened every night, but once in a blue moon. It was embarassing even to have it happen once every 6 months or something. It wasn't about laziness either. I was a very deep sleeper to the point where I didn't even know I had to use the bathroom until it was too late. Its one thing for a kid to piss itself on purpose, and just sit in it, but different of they don't even know they are doing it.

I think a bedwetting alarm is just another medical device, like a blood sugar monitor or pacemaker. If you need it you need it. What if an elderly person needed the device? No normal kid will purposely piss itself. If I had the choice as a kid to try the alarm, I would have. What's worse to have the alarm or just go the rest of your life wetting the bed? Its a problem that has to be fixed, nothing more.
January 13, 2009
Theresa, it seems very reasonable when you put it like that. I think I reacted to the initial freecycle post because we've all heard so many stories of parents bubble-wrapping their kids instead of having them learn from mistakes. Part of me thinks that this device will be overused by some of the more ditzy parents who, in their particular kids' cases, might have better tried a more straightforward or disciplinary approach. BUT, I can really see your point, though.

p.s. Some of the alarms (which have a component that attaches to the crotch) emit a sound, and others just...er...vibrate.
I also agree that the bedwetting alarm can be abused by breeders who can't be bothered to stop their kids pissing in bed. I also agree that there are brats out there who will piss the bed for attention or just to be little bastards, like that other post about a little brat shitting on the floor. I think that if someone wants to use that bedwetting alarm, they should try other methods first, and get tested for medical problems first. I am also extremely skeeved by using someone else's pee alarm! YUCK!
January 14, 2009
Yes...a hand-me-down family pee alarm is not much of an heirloom...bouncing and laughing
January 14, 2009
Wait, so this idiot is not willing to do this the old fashioned way. She needs this device. She wants it for free. This owman drives a car and is allowed near sharp things!?!? WTF!?!?
January 14, 2009
Theresa
I think a bedwetting alarm is just another medical device, like a blood sugar monitor or pacemaker. If you need it you need it. What if an elderly person needed the device? No normal kid will purposely piss itself. If I had the choice as a kid to try the alarm, I would have. What's worse to have the alarm or just go the rest of your life wetting the bed? Its a problem that has to be fixed, nothing more.

Since my childed acquaintance's have been having problems potty training their 4 year old, we've been talking about bathroom stuff a lot and one of my friends had the same problem as you Theresa. She was a very deep sleeper who still wet the bed regularly at the age of 6. Her parents tried everything, and this was the last resort. And it worked.

HOWEVER, the bedwetting alarm is a device that goes in a child's underwear for the express purpose to be pissed on. Like used underwear, menstrual flow containment devices (reusable pads/cups) or breast pumps, I just don't think there is a way that a person could sanitize such a thing enough that it would be prudent to share it. BLEAH!two faces puking

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login