Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No longer feeling stupid...

Posted by india_darshan 
No longer feeling stupid...
April 28, 2006
Thank-you for all of your responses when I felt blindsided by that former moo friend. I definitely learned my lesson! I always want to be a person who will accept diversity in friends but I cannot stomach these breeder women.

I just found out that a former co-worker from another call center is working on an account at the one I am currently at. This lady is not a bad person. I liked her as a human being. However, her life is full of sprog drama. Her youngest daughter, who is in her twenties, birthed two kids and dumped them on her mother. The young woman is always in trouble and an albatross around this co-worker's neck since the older lady allowed herself to be stuck with the toddler demons.

Long story short is that Ann went on about her daughter and having to change jobs because of bratcare issues. I cut that conversation short and said I had to go (I was on my cell talking to her). I don't want to hear it, period. I don't mean to sound like a separatist but I really want no moo friends. I'd rather be a loner...
Sherz
Re: No longer feeling stupid...
April 28, 2006
Most of my friends are childfree. I'm a person who has always taken care of my own responsibilities and have not relied on others to bail me out. I prefer childfree friends because I certainly don't want to be asked to babysit, or take care of anyone else's child related responsibilities since I was so careful to never burden others with mine. Sometimes you just have to dump friends if their lifesyle begins to burden yours. That may sound bitchy, but I really believe in the "do unto others" thing and if a situation goes against my way of living, I'm outta there!
CFADinNYC
April 28, 2006
Good for you India!!! You made the right choice! I can so identify with that situation with a former friend/breeder. I'll bet that woman is having a miserable life. There is no law against putting those kids into foster care. I know it sounds cruel, but I wouldn't take care of them even if they were family.
April 28, 2006
I don't want breeder friends either. I thought my former best friend was CF until she got knocked up "by accident" at 31 and kept the baybee. All downhill since, which is why I ended it. Sending pictures and drawings, putting the toadler on the phone (couldn't understand a thing she said), having no conversation topics beyond her sprog anymore... blegh.
April 28, 2006
I never worked as a baby-sitter in my life and I never babysat for anybody in my family. DH has one neice who is 6 yrs old and a nephew alomost 1. Sometimes my SIL gives hints that now she is older we can watch her on the weekend. I am frank and say that if DH wants her he can babysit on her own and that I rather sleep at my parents' then babysit any damn kid. Of course DH is not goinf to give up his weekend 'cause of his niece! The excuse is that she is old enough and will only watch t.v. I don't give a damn. A kid who is 6 can misbehave. I never volunteered to babysit the brat. Tough luck if SIL got knocked up at 17! This is her lesson to learn! Also we live one hour away so even better taht we ar far away from DH breeder family!
Ranter
April 28, 2006
I have NEVER babysat in my whole life, and don't plan on it. I hate kids, they are shits, and are super messy. I also perfer childfree friends, I don't want/need baby or mama drama. India, you have done the right thing.
April 28, 2006
I am 35 and I am proud to say that I have never, ever held a baybee.
April 29, 2006
i hate that they expect you to help them with everything, they had the sodding kids, they are supposed to be the best, let them sodding do it.

as you may have gathered i am staying with my fiance, and theres a breeder here.. and the kids. gets out shotgun..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
April 30, 2006
I baby sat once and it was a nightmare... Everyone that knows me knows I dont do baby sitting for anyone.
April 30, 2006
I hate to see poor grandmothers getting their grandkids dumped on them, especially the stupid single young moos. One of the mllion reasons why I don't want kids is that I would not want to place the burden of having anybody from my family babysit. My mother is almost 73 and she had her time raising 4 kids of her own and she worked as a full-time nanny for years before she retired. I respect my mother too much and want to see her relax and take it easy. DH's family on the other hand are breeders and a long time ago SIL offered to babysit if we ever decide to have kids. I made it clear that there will be no kids in DH and my life! I just think is not fair for anybody to have the burned of babysitting for a brat! I too have never offered to babysit and if asked, DH and I will decline.
April 30, 2006
CFADNYC, I totally agree about the grandkids being put in foster care. If Ann was a man, there is no way she would have ruined her life and lose TWO careers over her nasty daugther's little demons. Most grandpas would have put the kids in foster care. I know many people think I am also cruel but I think it is a rotten deal that most grandmothers get when their daugthers like like you-know-whats. Maybe most of these sl@gs would think twice about popping out all of these out-of-wedlock babies if there own moms were not so willing to deal with the fallout.
May 01, 2006
My Mom did make my Grandma babysit me a lot - but this was the early 70s, and she didn't choose to raise a kid all by herself, i.e. it wasn't her fault if my "father" suddenly turned into a deadbeat cheating loser. They were married 3 years before I was born, and dating for 5 years before that.

But I totally agree about the single girls with "babydaddies". That is just plain stupid. If you want to mess up your life, don't ask anyone else to suffer the consequences.
May 01, 2006
Hey, Medusa, my grandparents also looked after me on the weekends. Being born in 1964 did not offer my mom a whole hell of a lot of options. By the time she and my grandma thought of abortion via taking a trip to Mexico, too much time had elapsed and my @ssh0le father (who ended up leaving her in '67) suddenly said he wanted to be a family. Grandparents had no money but they did give me nice weekends. Both were divorced from each other so it is not as if they were stuck babystitting every weekend. Besides, Mom ALWAYS worked! There was no welfare or any other gov't handout.
May 01, 2006
Exactly, India. My Mom started working at 17 and didn't stop until she got sick at 52, except for a few weeks off around my birth. She was strong and proud - a true PNB. And it's sad, because she really wanted to have more than one kid - but she could not afford that on her own, so she didn't. See? BRAINS! The ability to do simple math! Which is what these idiot breeders are sorely missing these days.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.