Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OVARIES are a choking hazard

Posted by mercurior 
OVARIES are a choking hazard
January 18, 2009
Gutted! Company recalls its 'cuddly uterus' toy because the OVARIES attached to it are a choking hazard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1120666/Gutted-Company-recalls-cuddly-uterus-toy-OVARIES-attached-choking-hazard.html

Most parents have worried about their child choking on small parts attached to their toys.

But the thought of a child choking on an ovary attached to their cuddly toy uterus is not a hazard many parents have had to deal with.

But that is exactly what has happened to families who own 'the friendly uterus' - a toy made by American company 'iheartguts.com' - which has been recalled after failing to meet child safety standards.

Danger: The toy uterus has been recalled as the ovaries could become detached if the fallopian tubes are pulled creating a potential choking hazard

The stuffed toy, which is pink and has a smiling face, becomes a choking hazard for small children if its fallopian tubes are pulled and the ovaries become detached.

The creators of the toys have called for an impromptu hysterectomy so those who own the toys could send them back.
The company - which describes itself on its website as the 'brainchild of an anatomically obsessed illustrator who loves internal organs' - makes nine other body part toys.

All the other human organs meet safety standards. Gory: Eight of the body part toys made by the company, including the uterus
You can also purchase a blue brain, gallbladder, anatomically correct heart, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas, all with a cute smiley face.
The creators of 'iheartguts' said in a statement: "In an effort to make sure our toys are safe for all ages, the uterus plush failed a child toy safety standards test.

'While we figured a plush uterus might not be of great interest to kids, we designed it as a collectable plush for adults and marked them for ages 3 and up - we want to be absolutely sure no harm comes from playing with our guts. 'If the uterus plush is within the grasp of a child, please remove it immediately and follow our instructions for returning the plush toy. 'On the bright side, the rest of our plush lineup meets U.S. and European safety standards for children's toys.

'The uterus will be made available on our website for adults only who consent to keep it away from kids.

'A new kid-safe uterus will be available in 2009 for those of you with kids who must have a plushie uterus. In the meantime, please refrain from swallowing any ovaries.'

Iheartguts began in 2005 and is a family business run from their apartment

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: OVARIES are a choking hazard
January 18, 2009
Cheezus H. Rice...a plushie uterus?
Unfuckingbelievable.
January 18, 2009
Don't believe everything you read.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 18, 2009
its actually true a real company

http://www.iheartguts.com/

here are the stores

http://iheartguts.com/stores/index.htm

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 18, 2009
But I think this really is a legitimate company.

http://iheartguts.com/

Oops, looks like Merc beat me to it.
January 18, 2009
Toy uterus???

That's even weirder than a child-sized dancing pole and high heels for newborns!
January 18, 2009
dailymail may be a tabloid, but its usually true the stories it puts.

sorry tiquer, wink i am fast with my links wink

January 18, 2009
OMG when I get my bank account set up, I am totally buying one of the heart plushies. Those are adorable! bouncing and laughing
January 18, 2009
"Cuddly uterus"??? That is truly revolting. I am surpised that they don't have accessories to it like the "Spawnlee the Sperm" fuzzy and "Ellie the Egg" nerfball to go along with it, sold separately of course.eye rolling smiley
January 18, 2009
should i email them, and say LOL..give all the credit to you

January 18, 2009
mercurior
should i email them, and say LOL..give all the credit to you

bouncing and laughing If you are referring to my accessory ideas, then sure! While you are at it, suggest that they need to sell the Spawnley Sperm and the Ellie Egg zygote accesories in order to chronologically depict conception through birth. They will need a variety of outside help to come up with cre8tive names for those accessories though, if the best they can come up with is "CUDDLY" for the uteri that they sell. Maybe the "at the moment of conception" toys can be marketed as "OOPSADAISEE" if it's a girl and "OOPSADUMMEE" if it's a boy. The possibilities are endless.waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login