Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

15 Pacifiers found in dog's stomach: attentive parenting at its best.

Posted by Rose Red 
15 Pacifiers found in dog's stomach: attentive parenting at its best.
January 18, 2009
WARSON WOODS, Mo., Jan. 18 (UPI) -- Veterinarians in Warson Woods, Mo., say they found 15 pacifiers, a bottle cap and a piece of a basketball in a 2-year-old bulldog named Lulu.

Lulu's owners, David and Jennifer Swart, said their 18-month-old daughter's pacifiers kept disappearing and they kept buying more.

When Lulu showed an interest in the pacifiers, they took her to the vet, who performed surgery last month after X-rays revealed an unusual gray area in Lulu's stomach, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Sunday.

The vets saved the pacifiers, some of which had turned black from Lulu's stomach acid, to show the Swarts.

Lulu's $808 surgery cost was covered by Veterinary Pet Insurance, a California insurer that declared Lulu's case its most unusual for December after reviewing claims for dogs who ate nails, a packaged fire log, a whole turkey and several wigs, the Post-Dispatch reported.
Re: 15 Pacifiers found in dog's stomach: attentive parenting at its best.
January 18, 2009
Glad the dog is okay. If they can't keep an eye on their pup to ensure she doesn't eat that kind of shit, maybe she should re-home the dog to a person or couple where there won't be little baby trinkets laying around that she can eat and get sick off.

Or better yet...re-home the baybee! Pacifiers being ingested won't be an issue when the kid isn't around.
January 18, 2009
Jeez, poor dog. Too bad their bill got covered by insurance. Maybe, just maybe, if they had to pay the bill themselves, they might act a little more responsibly in the future. Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. sad smiley

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
January 18, 2009
I am trying to figure out why they kept shoving pacifiers into the kyd's mouth, why didn't they just feed her? Also, I have bought those things as part of a baybee shower gift before and they are not cheap, costing at a minimum of $5 each. If they were careless enough for the dog to have 15 in his stomach, there is no telling how many more that he ate and passed, or just how many more that they simply lost. It also makes me wonder how many pacifiers doubling as chew toys were found before total consumption and I can only imagine they just shoved those back into her mouth as well. They obviously cram one in her mouth whenever possible or they wouldn't be so quick to practically buy them by the case. I wonder what all else that poor dog has access to eat which he shouldn't? It's probably only a matter of time before something they carelessly leave about will kill the poor animal, with that type of neglectful attitude. Some people just should not have pets because they are just not responsible enough, It's a small wonder how their children manage to survive accidental deaths. eye rolling smiley
I wonder how long it took them to notice her 'interest' in the pacifiers and take the dog to the vet. They were too busy focusing on their precious little baybee to even notice the dog anymore. You know, she was just a filler 'til they could have the kid.
January 18, 2009
m4p
Jeez, poor dog. Too bad their bill got covered by insurance. Maybe, just maybe, if they had to pay the bill themselves, they might act a little more responsibly in the future. Yeah, I know, wishful thinking. sad smiley

Doubtful. Knowing how breeders can be, if they had to pay that huge bill out of pocket, they probably would have either abandoned the dog somewhere or had her put down.
January 18, 2009
Poor dog. What sort of hovel are they living in where the pacifiers are constantly on the floor in dog range? Do they just stick it back in the kid's mouth? Gross.
January 19, 2009
some dogs, some breeds the hunting breeds in particular, do eat things, my springer spaniel, ate a dice, its sometimes a dogs nature but 15. they didnt notice he dog chewing.. and they lost 15 and didnt nail it to the kid.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 19, 2009
kidlesskim
It also makes me wonder how many pacifiers doubling as chew toys were found before total consumption and I can only imagine they just shoved those back into her mouth as well.

This what i thought- how many went back in the hole after the dog had her way with them.
Oh, this is just classic. Way to go, breeders! Honest to Christ...eye rolling smiley
January 19, 2009
Some folk here have experienced breeder relatives inviting themelves over and demanding the house be child-proofed before they come with the f-trophy.
How about dog-proofing the breeder house?

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
Some folk here have experienced breeder relatives inviting themelves over and demanding the house be child-proofed before they come with the f-trophy.
How about dog-proofing the breeder house?

Actually, the house needs breeder-proofed. The dog is just being a dog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login