Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"The Most Important Job I'll Ever Have in my Lifetime is Being a Mother" (article)

Posted by kidlesskim 
"The most important job I'll ever have in my lifetime is being a mother. What say you?

I hear many women say this. And I find myself saying this every single day during my stay-at-home business hours. Sending faxes, negotiating, making business calls in between changing diapers, and calming temper tantrums.
I made alot of money in my life, worked a career, for 15 years that kept me away from home from 5am to 10 pm at night. Now the economy has forced me to rearrange priorities. And here I am, choosing to let a call go to voice mail, so I can see what my toddler is doing so quietly in the other room. My life have went from jumping for the cell phone every second of the day, to returning all calls during naptime only, and after we finish the entire Dr.Seuss Boom Boom book, twice.

I can look in my closet and brag about how my Gucci boots still looks brand new,...because I never leave the computer.... inside my house. And my clothes still have all the tags on them,...because I can't fit into them anymore...yet. And now my accomplishments are getting through the day, without having the plugs ripped from the wall before I save a document. My daily victories are having fed my child, washed her up, cleaned up her disasters, and kept her busy, while I launched another project, and covered the overhead. It's amazing to see her grow and learn, and to treat her little doll exactly the way I treat her. "You want a posicle? Get your boots! Give mommy a hug. Write an A!"

That's when I realize and repeat the statement that I've heard a thousand times before....
"Being a mother is the most important job I'll ever have".

shrug I highlighted the parts in bold that stood out to me. That first part just doesn't make sense. She says that she had to "rearrange" priorities" due to the "economy", so what she is doing then SHOULD be to bring in more money like before, NOT barely "covering overhead". If she had said that she rearranged her priorities in order to stay at home with the kyd and therefore was making financial sacrifices, while that wouldn't make sense to me either, at least the reference to the economy would sound logical within the context of that statement.confused smiley So, she is basically not taking care of her clients either by letting their calls "go to voicemail" and only "returning calls during naptime". The sentence that begins, "My life have went from jumping to cell phones........." kind of speaks for itself as to why it stood out. :smn NOW her "accomplishments" are keeping the kyd from yanking out electrical wires from the wall (REAL safe too) and her "victories" are keeping the kyd fed, cleaned, washed up and staying ahead of her "disasters". It's just SO "amazing" to see the kyd "learn and grow" while she neglects her business.eye rolling smiley

Because she has this pressing need to repeat something to herself that she has admittedly heard "a thousand times" before, doesn't even give her a clue as to the absurdity of the whole thing. WHY does she need to keep repeating it? She has to repeat it EVERY SINGLE DAY, in between conducting business,"diaper changes, and temper tantrums". I don't keep repeating things to myself that I am confident about. I don't keep repeating over and over and over, "I love cats, No, I really, really, REALLY love cats, of the fact that I love cats I am certain, really!!!!!". ...... I just don't think that people have a deep need to repeat something to themselves constantly if they are secure in the validity of whatever it is that they keep repeating.shrug
Yanno, kidless kim, I have wondered why moos need to keep repeating this stuff to all and sundry. It's as if THEY need to be convinced. A woman who is doing a good job as a parent and is self-confident has no need to keep saying this sort of thing. I think you are spot-on about a self-comfidence issue here.

As for the kyd pulling the plug out of the wall, has this woman NEVER heard of a PLAYPEN? Letting a kyd play around electrical outlets is unsafe to say the least, never mind the problems if you are working on the computer. You have the kyd corralled in a safe space where it can play and everyone should be happy. My foster mother used one when I was growing up and I survived lol.As for her customers, waiting until naptime to deal with them is not a real smart idea in these tough economic times. If anything good customer service is MORE important now than ever before.

Yeah I'm sure that dealing with her kyd-caused disasters and watching it grow and learn are a big thing for this woman, but she had better pay attention to her business or she'll be in the middle of an economic disaster.
Jeez how depressing. A tale like that could make even the most level-headed progressive adult want to just shoot themselves.

I can't help but think that the building of America, and of the British Empire, would never have been done if parents back then acted as badly as they do now. Pretending like they're 'busy' when they're just staring at their toddler all afternoon. Pretending like they had a full day when they've just spent every moment of it sitting around on their dead asses and breastfeeding for 15 minutes every few hours. If the frontierspeople of Kansas acted like that, they all would've died of hunger, disease and exposure within a few days. TMIJITW my ass. More like 'The Most Important Game of Pretending to Be Important In The World'.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
I'm glad she's not in the workforce BECAUSE SHE'S A BLITHERING IDIOT.
Tell you what, were I a businessperson I'd never employ this person. In a fat-free economy there is no room for slackers when even competent people can't find jobs. I wouldn't personally want to put up with this nonsense from a subcontractor/employee. But God Forbid if you say, "No, I don't want to subcontract to you because you have kids, and therefore can't attend to business matters consistently during business hours, and I need 100% performance during business hours." Imagine the indignant lowing and shrill screams of "discrimination" that would result from that statement.
If we got caught at work letting our phones go to v/m on purpose....we'd be fired sooner or later at my office, definitely reparmanded.
I have to agree. Women who say this shit - aloud - are doing it to convince themselves that they aren't worthless. And I love to hear them go on and on how much money they made, how important the things are that they've done, remind everyone that they have a very expensive wardrobe just sitting in the closet because they "don't need it" (more like they can no longer fit their big fat asses into it anymore). They need validation. They need to let the world know (actually, themselves) that they used to be able to accomplish something REAL.

Yea, whatever, whatever gets you thru the day..............

A good description for the life of these women would be a vapid, black hole of need and insignificance.

MerlynHerne
Yanno, kidless kim, I have wondered why moos need to keep repeating this stuff to all and sundry. It's as if THEY need to be convinced. A woman who is doing a good job as a parent and is self-confident has no need to keep saying this sort of thing. I think you are spot-on about a self-comfidence issue here.

As for the kyd pulling the plug out of the wall, has this woman NEVER heard of a PLAYPEN? Letting a kyd play around electrical outlets is unsafe to say the least, never mind the problems if you are working on the computer. You have the kyd corralled in a safe space where it can play and everyone should be happy. My foster mother used one when I was growing up and I survived lol.As for her customers, waiting until naptime to deal with them is not a real smart idea in these tough economic times. If anything good customer service is MORE important now than ever before.

Yeah I'm sure that dealing with her kyd-caused disasters and watching it grow and learn are a big thing for this woman, but she had better pay attention to her business or she'll be in the middle of an economic disaster.
The day she describes for herself sounds like my idea of hell. That, and the fact that I most likely wouldn't do business with her because my life doesn't stop for her kid. I don't really think that I should be expected to put my business matters on hold because some kid just woke up from a nap.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
I will repeat myself, but if a woman said this about any other relationship be it w/ a man or a new best friend or even a thing/hobby, people would be gossiping that she "lost herself" in the relationship and how being so single-minded is bad and how they don't do anything they use to enjoy and isn't the person they used to be. Moos convince themselves they're doing this for altruistic reasons but it isn't true. Especially, if youre taking care of your own DNA offshoot, then you are doing this for your SELF.

You don't have to be an obsessed fashionista but to lose any interest in showering, combing your hair and putting on a real outfit once in awhile is a little "off". Usually a sign of depression, or drug use!lurking
Did she say what her job title was? I could of sworn it was idiot.

lab mom

I'm glad she's not in the workforce BECAUSE SHE'S A BLITHERING IDIOT.

...and here is the proof, quoted from the text...

"My life have went..."

Yes, your "life have went" right down the drain, bitch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login