Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Excellent Way To Shut Kids Up In Public

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Excellent Way To Shut Kids Up In Public
January 21, 2009
Last nite, me, hubby, and 4 of our friends met and had dinner at a local Italian restaurant. Nothing fancy, but pretty much an adult place, though, but of course, breeders with their brood just HAD to invade the place.

This restaurant has separate rooms. The room we were in had a total of 7 kids; none over the age of 7. The evening starts out pleasant, we're all drinking, having a good time. Well, then the noise with the brats starts. The baby in the corner is fussing, the toddler starts, then the others. This went on for about 1/2 hour. So, more wine, laughter, more wine, louder laughter.

We noticed that the louder we got, the quieter the brats got. It was finally to the point where the kids were completely quiet. They were watching our table, I think out of sheer amazement. It ended up WE were the entertainment for the bratty kids. In the back of my mind, I was just *WAITING* for one of the adults to say something to us. The parents sat there, bewildered, watching us, probably wishing they were us and not saddled at their tables with all their baggage.

Go figure!!!! LOL
Re: Excellent Way To Shut Kids Up In Public
January 21, 2009
Those kyds were CLEARLY in shock! Never before have they seen adults enjoy themselves, conversing with one another, or eating actual food. All they have ever likely known is everything considered remotely "adult" by the big people being stopped immediately by moomie who then races over to see why they wimpered, coughed, or sneezed. It's doubtful that they have EVER seen adults talking between or amongst themselves about anything that seemed "fun", but have probably seen/heard plenty of fights between their parents, giggling baybee talk between moomie and her friends, and a pathetic mooing or lowing kinda talk when moomie is begging for more money at the foodstamp office or wailing that the pediatrician is WRONG about his upset tummy and that he MUST have Krohn's disease or an E-coli infection. It's even MORE unlikely that any of those kyds have ever seen moomie and duddy eat ANYTHING other than chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, or McDonald's either, since they basically forefeited their healthy diets in order to be right there every waking second alongside their kyd so as to stay "attached". So, THAT'S what probably shut them up. If these kyds have attachment parenting Earth moos, they likely have never seen adults in this type of scenario.:hs

They will likely be JUST as shocked to find out that adults ALSO have and sleep in their OWN beds, without children in there with them, that ALL women don't wear "nursie" bras, that adults bathe themselves BY themselves AND they close the bathroom door when they do it AND when they go potty, and that there are actually big nice kyd-friendly buildings where LOTS of kyds gather together to learn and play rather than sleep, eat, and watch Barney all day. I'd dare say that when these kyds finally realize that there is a WHOLE world out there beyond their Mcmansions or the four walls of their housing project, it will be a wondrous day for them. You just got to witness a rare first reaction. I'd like to be present at one of the boys first dates with a young girl when he's about 15 and watch him fumble around with the girl's shirt, not looking for a bra strap to unsnap (like ALL adolescent boys do) but rather for the snaps on the front cup area. He will probably get frustrated at some point and give up and wail out, "I WANT NUM NUMS!".:gross
January 21, 2009
KFLL, you mean you weren't making meaningful and kind, approving eye contact with the sproggen? That's probably what shocked them the most, the thought that they weren't the center of everyone else's lives.

"You can't slit the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve."
-Al Swearingen
January 21, 2009
Rose Red
KFLL, you mean you weren't making meaningful and kind, approving eye contact with the sproggen? That's probably what shocked them the most, the thought that they weren't the center of everyone else's lives.

I was thinking the very same thing. Back in high school, we had an actor/drama coach visit our school, and he did a very simple experiment in human nature...he had one student pretend to be interested in her nails and then he started talking, blathering on about who-knows-what, and all the while, the young theater class student completely ignored him. It was a great illustration showing that it's the people completely ignoring someone obviously begging for attention that actually become most interesting to other people.
January 21, 2009
KidFreeLuvnLife
Last nite, me, hubby, and 4 of our friends met and had dinner at a local Italian restaurant. Nothing fancy, but pretty much an adult place, though, but of course, breeders with their brood just HAD to invade the place.

This restaurant has separate rooms. The room we were in had a total of 7 kids; none over the age of 7. The evening starts out pleasant, we're all drinking, having a good time. Well, then the noise with the brats starts. The baby in the corner is fussing, the toddler starts, then the others. This went on for about 1/2 hour. So, more wine, laughter, more wine, louder laughter.

Alcohol, it isn't a problem...it's a solution.
:drkbddy

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
" You just got to witness a rare first reaction. I'd like to be present at one of the boys first dates with a young girl when he's about 15 and watch him fumble around with the girl's shirt, not looking for a bra strap to unsnap (like ALL adolescent boys do) but rather for the snaps on the front cup area. He will probably get frustrated at some point and give up and wail out, "I WANT NUM NUMS!"."

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, because I'd have to clean it off the monitor.
January 21, 2009
kidlesskim
Those kyds were CLEARLY in shock! Never before have they seen adults enjoy themselves, conversing with one another, or eating actual food. All they have ever likely known is everything considered remotely "adult" by the big people being stopped immediately by moomie who then races over to see why they wimpered, coughed, or sneezed. It's doubtful that they have EVER seen adults talking between or amongst themselves about anything that seemed "fun", but have probably seen/heard plenty of fights between their parents, giggling baybee talk between moomie and her friends, and a pathetic mooing or lowing kinda talk when moomie is begging for more money at the foodstamp office or wailing that the pediatrician is WRONG about his upset tummy and that he MUST have Krohn's disease or an E-coli infection. It's even MORE unlikely that any of those kyds have ever seen moomie and duddy eat ANYTHING other than chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, or McDonald's either, since they basically forefeited their healthy diets in order to be right there every waking second alongside their kyd so as to stay "attached". So, THAT'S what probably shut them up. If these kyds have attachment parenting Earth moos, they likely have never seen adults in this type of scenario.:hs

They will likely be JUST as shocked to find out that adults ALSO have and sleep in their OWN beds, without children in there with them, that ALL women don't wear "nursie" bras, that adults bathe themselves BY themselves AND they close the bathroom door when they do it AND when they go potty, and that there are actually big nice kyd-friendly buildings where LOTS of kyds gather together to learn and play rather than sleep, eat, and watch Barney all day. I'd dare say that when these kyds finally realize that there is a WHOLE world out there beyond their Mcmansions or the four walls of their housing project, it will be a wondrous day for them. You just got to witness a rare first reaction. I'd like to be present at one of the boys first dates with a young girl when he's about 15 and watch him fumble around with the girl's shirt, not looking for a bra strap to unsnap (like ALL adolescent boys do) but rather for the snaps on the front cup area. He will probably get frustrated at some point and give up and wail out, "I WANT NUM NUMS!".:gross

This reminds me of the trainwreck of the show "John and Kate plus eight." All the moo cow does is argue NONSTOP with her duh during the whole show.

lab mom
January 26, 2009
Haha- very nice, KFLL! That's one way to show them! When I read this it reminded me of a trick my husband does. It's not something everyone might be willing to try, but surprisingly effective. If we're out in the parking lot and some kid is screeching, my husband makes a high-pitched sound. It's a bit like a shrill bird call. He only has to do this once, holding the 'note' out for 3 or 4 seconds. This shuts the kid up EVERY TIME without fail. The kid just stares at him, totally dumbfounded. Childish, yes- but it works!

(Obviously I would not recommend trying this indoors....)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login