Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Talk about kids who shouldn't have licenses.........

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Talk about kids who shouldn't have licenses.........
January 21, 2009
Prohibiting a kid from getting a driver's license might be a good start for all these breeders who want that false, yet convenient diagnosis of ADHD just to get a few extra bucks from Uncle Sam.

Start by making it a law that if diagnosed to the degree where the parent gets government money, the kid can't have a license. Suddenly, I think we'd see a drop in falsely-diagnosed cases.

What's more, read this article, yep, just the kind of people who should be on the road............

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/09/15/hm.driving.add/index.html
Excellent idea. And just imagine the uproar! After all, everyone should be treated EQUALLY, except insofar as being inequal results in a BENEFIT for someone.
Re: Talk about kids who shouldn't have licenses.........
January 21, 2009
I'd also suggest not being able to get a job either, but I don't think a lot of teens these days would see that as a bad thing.

My mother's BF's retard kid (23-year-old dangerous schitzo) isn't allowed to drive due to his mental instability and medications that make him lethargic. He has a license, though...and has crashed two or three cars already. I think his mother took his license from him, and the nut house he lives in won't let him drive. But if this was used for autistic spectrum disorders, I'd bet the number of awwtizztyck kids would drop significantly.

But honestly, do the ADD/ADHD diagnoses actually ever carry over into the teen years? Or is it just for when Junior is in the single-digit years and Mommy is too busy watching Jerry Springer and eating TV dinners to discipline her brat?
January 21, 2009
I think the only reason they are able to get their license is because a car is basically the only way anyone can get around in USA, unless we live in NYC. Even 80 year old people many times have to drive. All that changes for Commercial driving and flying. I am yet to see a pilot with ADHD.
Not allowing people to hold jobs is STUPID. Period.

I don't care how useless a person you think they are, there's absolutely no remotely intelligent reason to deny them a job.

It doesn't matter how "dangerous" they might be or how much mental capacity they might have. If they can find and hold a job that's great - not just for them, but for you as well. The more productive citizens there are in a society the better off that society is as a whole and as individuals.

There's no benefit to denying anyone a job except to be vindictive.

Now if someone has a condition that makes them unreasonably dangerous behind the wheel, yes, they should be kept from driving. Autism does not, to my knowledge, interfere with the ability to drive. It does, in some cases, completely eliminate the desire. The more severely autistic often find the idea of driving to be overwhelming. It's a pretty self-regulating thing.

ADHD is a completely different thing. While it too may be overdiagnosed, it would be nice (if for no other reason than to make the people doing it look smarter) if the two conditions were not so frequently interchanged.

Give it 5-10 years. The autism thing will get much more sane if for no other reason than there'll be some other hot new thing to be wrong with everyone's little monkeys. But also because a lot of these kids are going to start finding that a diagnosis like that can screw stuff up down the road. There are jobs - not a lot but some - that simply aren't going to be available to someone with any kind of previous psychological disorder diagnosis.

The next flavor of Jerry Springer episode is on the horizon. The "My Parent's Ruined My Life by Having Me Diagnosed Autistic" episode.
January 22, 2009
exactly konkurrent. and the ones i really feel sorry for are the true sufferers, they get lumped in with these patently normal children, the ones who really need the help, really need the support, they get so little because of those monstrous kids (who may not be ill at all but its just used an an excuse).

its a munchausens by proxy, but instead of the children being injure physically, they are injured mentally. which is more insidious, as some of these kids who could have led a productive life, will use it as an excuse to do nothing and expect everything given to them

(taking the resources from those in dire need of the support)

false diagnosis, is evil, as it affects everyone whohas the real problems

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login