Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just Ran out of "Give A Shit..."

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Just Ran out of "Give A Shit..."
January 21, 2009
So I really don't want to deal with relationship bullshit right about now...

Went out with this woman last friday, not a whole lot of chemistry, or so I thought, so I, reacting to her recitation of her schedule, said she should call me. So I hear thru a mutual acquaintance that I'm the ass for not calling.

I've about 110 calendar days until graduation. No desire to get attached to anyone in the interim, whilst I get ready to GTFO of here. While a random shag wouldn't be a bad thing, I'm getting to that paranoid mindset where I don't want even a mathematical risk of anything fucking up my departure, i.e. getting oopsed.

I don't want to be a hermit, but I really don't want to put up with relationship shit...and...fuck...I dunno.

I really feel like being a huge asshole to people right now, just for the fun of it.

Misanthropic? Perhaps. Meh, fuckit.

[/stream of consciousness]
Re: Just Ran out of "Give A Shit..."
January 21, 2009
Misanthrope? Nope. But if so, who cares? Your life, your goals--let others say what they want; that's the way it is. You have a goal in sight and are not about to let anything mess it up--that's the way to achieve things. Good for you for having your goal in reach--ignore the kvetchers and leave 'em in your dust.
January 21, 2009
I can honestly say that never in my life have I sat around pining and waiting on a phone call from a guy I had gone out with once, or several times for that matter. In fact, I can't recall that any of them did not call me later and I often wished that MANY of them had lost my number. Sometimes. I think that some men must be on a different date than the one that I am on too because they say things like, we really "hit it off", or "we really seemed to have a lot in common", when all that I remember was sharing some popcorn at a movie, which I hate btw. When a guy is too cheap to get me my own small popcorn and drags his gurmy hands around in MY butter, it really pisses me off, same with these two straws in one drink hole people, If he would just tell me up front that he didn't have the money or didn't want to pay for it, then I would have bought my OWN damned popcorn and/or drink. I am also from the school of 'girls don't call boys", although I have relaxed on that a bit. IF he is just a guy "friend" or IF it's someone who I consider a steady boyfriend, then I will call him. I think it's ok to call my husband.tongue sticking out smiley What is NOT ok is for a woman to whine, moo and low to her "friends' or whoever, in some pathetic attempt to shame the man into calling by indirect criticism. Any man who falls for that bullshit is only in for a world of hurt because this woman is one big emotional manipulator and should be avoided like stepping in dogshit.

Women like this are selfish bitches because she hasn't considered ANY personal reason, which doesn't involve her, that you may not have called. Are you sick? Did you have a death in the famblee? Busy at work? Get fired? "Win the lottery? IF, and it's never happened to me, I liked a man SO SO SO much and waited around on him to call and he didn't, I would be very direct about it. I would call him, ONE TIME and just tell him how much I enjoyed our date and to thank him for a nice evening. I would never try and get him to commit to another date, or pry information out of the poor chap, but I would listen for cues from him. Did he OFFER an excuse for not calling? Was it believable? Did he ask for another date or a time to call back? After that, the ball is in his court. I wouldn't take it personally if that had ever happened, I don't think, I would just figure he was too busy for steady dating, had gotten back with a girlfriend, or that he just didn't like me. If this bitch wants dates, she better SFTU because other men will see how she is with all of this mooing and lowing and she will NEVER get another date. What is WRONG with people, it was JUST a date.eye rolling smiley
January 21, 2009
Looks like you can cross this one off your list without wasting anymore of your precious time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 21, 2009
Ooooo...I got a good one this time... XcXCX

Leave 'er in the dust. You were right not to call her. She should know the rules, men wait at *least* a week before calling.

Trust your instincts and get the hell away from her.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
Seacreature
Ooooo...I got a good one this time... XcXCX

Leave 'er in the dust. You were right not to call her. She should know the rules, men wait at *least* a week before calling.

Trust your instincts and get the hell away from her.

Sarcasm?
January 21, 2009
No, no sarcasm at all. Didn't mean to sound that way. I'm just saying that she just sounds a little 'high maintenance' if she's gonna bitch to someone about you not calling her in time. You didn't feel it anyway so no loss.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
Simple rule... whatever crap you get during dating you'll see tenfold in marriage.

Remember, when people are dating they're generally trying to impress the other person by accentuating strengths and sweeping faults under the rug. If she's annoyingly bitchy now, once you put a ring on that finger she'll shrew your life straight down the crapper.

Fuck that.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
^ Good advice, and so, so true.
January 21, 2009

Simple rule... whatever crap you get during dating you'll see tenfold in marriage.

Remember, when people are dating they're generally trying to impress the other person by accentuating strengths and sweeping faults under the rug. If she's annoyingly bitchy now, once you put a ring on that finger she'll shrew your life straight down the crapper.

Fuck that.

Very well said. It's so true and so common... Many a trainwreck marriage is the result of dating blindness.
January 22, 2009
captcha =xwyyp
(yeah, I still only get dull ones)

Is there some reason why this woman can't call you, if she were so inclined? It's 2009, for chrissakes. I highly doubt "The Rules" apply any more. Of course "The Rules" are a bogus joke of self induced victimization and bitchy manipulation, but still...they may have applied at some time in our neanderthal past, not so much now.

Sort of off topic, but what the hell is happening to women these days? I know several single, childfree women, who used to be "do it yourself" types, feminists, warrior women or whatever you want to call them. They would do things for themselves and by themselves. They wouldn't put up with shit from anyone, and were more than willing to kick useless partners to the curb. Now, they all have become...lame. One's gotten a face lift, in spite of the fact that at 60 she looks better than most 30 year olds I see (granted they're in jail or drug treatment, but still), The other is still in a relationship with a "loser" boyfriend who she's been whining about for the past 4 years, but she's got to keep him around because she can't possibly go out alone. Another suddenly "needs a man" to shovel out her driveway, assemble furniture, help her buy a washer, install a cat door...and any number of very simple projects. I won't offer to help shovel, but I have offered to help her with everything else, but nope...I'm not a "man", and as a result I guess I can not possibly figure out the instructions to an Ikea futon frame. I am just wondering what happened to these women's spines all of a sudden, because they've all vanished over the past couple years. None of them are lowing for babies or marriage, thank god, but it's still a baffling development.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 22, 2009
If she is that bent out of shape over a simple phone call, she will be more high maintenance as time goes by.
I never understood the whole phone call thing, if a guy did not call me back, I figured he was either busy or just did not like me. If he did not like me, that was fine, not everbody I meet is going to like me or understand my strange sense of humor.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
January 22, 2009
Feh
captcha =xwyyp

Is there some reason why this woman can't call you, if she were so inclined? It's 2009, for chrissakes. I highly doubt "The Rules" apply any more. Of course "The Rules" are a bogus joke of self induced victimization and bitchy manipulation, but still...they may have applied at some time in our neanderthal past, not so much now.

Sort of off topic, but what the hell is happening to women these days? I know several single, childfree women, who used to be "do it yourself" types, feminists, warrior women or whatever you want to call them. They would do things for themselves and by themselves. They wouldn't put up with shit from anyone, and were more than willing to kick useless partners to the curb. Now, they all have become...lame. One's gotten a face lift, in spite of the fact that at 60 she looks better than most 30 year olds I see (granted they're in jail or drug treatment, but still), The other is still in a relationship with a "loser" boyfriend who she's been whining about for the past 4 years, but she's got to keep him around because she can't possibly go out alone. Another suddenly "needs a man" to shovel out her driveway, assemble furniture, help her buy a washer, install a cat door...and any number of very simple projects. I won't offer to help shovel, but I have offered to help her with everything else, but nope...I'm not a "man", and as a result I guess I can not possibly figure out the instructions to an Ikea futon frame. I am just wondering what happened to these women's spines all of a sudden, because they've all vanished over the past couple years. None of them are lowing for babies or marriage, thank god, but it's still a baffling development.

That attitude is so retarded. My husband works very hard every day and has to deal with people (the horror!), and I have the privilege of staying home, so I am responsible for almost all of the household chores regardless of their traditional gender assignments - I put things together, I fix things that break, I take care of the yard and the pool, etc. And we both prefer it that way. I've never, ever understood why some women enjoy being helpless. I hate not being able to do something.
January 22, 2009
Nice of her to speak with you directly.
January 22, 2009
Feh
captcha =xwyyp

When it's an older woman who does this, I think it is because of osteoporosis and/or arthritis. or possibly other health problems and she is no longer physically able to do many things for herself.(even though she may not admit that) It's expensive to have to pay someone to do the most simple of tasks that she can no longer do such as yardwork, moving heavy objects, taking out garbage, or for severe cases even changing lighbulbs, etc.....Her female friends are likely in the same boat, her male friends are probably married and their wives won't appreciate their "helpfulness", her dad is likely dead, her brothers are probably busy wih their own homes and are old and crippled up as well, she doesn't want to become a burden to her neighbors or inlaws/nephews etc.... so a boyfriend is her best bet. I know it sounds awful, but maybe it's out of necessity. I would like to think that I would just pack up and move to a place that is maintained by groundskeepers, etc....if something happened to my husband, but then I would have to give up my cats, my garden, my isolation, etc.....Feeding a pleasant man some home cooked meals now and again and giving him a treat once in a while might be worth the trade off, I really don't know.
January 22, 2009
I would definitely have my own personal manservant, rather than one that I rent on a time-sharing basis.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 22, 2009
Yea, best to write these kinds of people off. They sound awfully emotionally high-maintenance. Who the hell needs it.
January 22, 2009
What is it with women 'testing' men rather than dating them?

Call me old-fashioned, call me old-school, but I thought a date was to have fun with someone. To enjoy each other's company, hopefully. To be made to laugh, to have a cool conversation, to find common ground. To get to like the other person. That is ALL. If the date is a success for both parties on all of the above, then dates number 2, 3, 4 and 5 ought to be even better. And so on. If it fails, or if one or the other person is a total twat, then it doesn't have to happen again.

But so many singleton women I know approach men as if they're lab samples that need examining and probably stamping 'reject'. Singleton men too can be pathetic, somehow still taking the 12-year old attitude that wiping their arses and brushing their teeth is all that needs doing in prep for a date -- or for life, in fact.

Sorry I don't have any useful advice for you M. But as for this latest woman, I really wouldn't bother.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 22, 2009
i never really dated in the past, it was a chore, i scrub up nice, i have charm, i have wit, but theres a lot of pressure now in the dating world. one i am not sorry for missing

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login