Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tahki, reborn as Revolutionaire

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Tahki, reborn as Revolutionaire
January 21, 2009
I got tired of typing my name in every time, LOL.

So now I'm Revolutionaire, a name I picked because I adore the history of the American Revolution. xD I drew my avatar as well, it features one of my silly historical fiction characters...

Thanks for such an awesome board where I can rant, guys :bal
Re: Tahki, reborn as Revolutionaire
January 21, 2009
Rehi Tahki. I hope you will participate in our "CAPTCHA" game.

When you get an interesting anti-spam code, add it to the list in the thread called "The CAPTCHA Game". That is about all there is to it. There are some optional rules that people make up as they go along; these can also be found in that thread.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 21, 2009
Hello again, darling. Lovely new name.:1wv
January 21, 2009
Revolutionaire, that is very cool that you are interested in the Rev. War. I am an amateur history buff. I was recently amazed to learn, as you doubtless know, that the first war submarine was NOT deployed during the Civil War as I'd thought (the Hunley of course) but during the Revolutionary War!

The "Turtle" was the world's first combat submarine. It looked like a big 8 (vertical) by 6 foot egg/onion. It was invented in 1775 in Connecticut, had 30 mins of air, was propelled (slowly!) by 1 vertical and 1 horizontal hand crank, and was illuminated by phosphorescent mushrooms (the mushroom idea was from Ben Franklin!) It was intended to drill into ships underwater and insert explosive charges into the enemy ships' holds but was not terribly effective.

Brooklyn artist Duke Riley made a replica last summer and launched it in New York Harbor,
(http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/a-makeshift-submarine-lands-artists-in-hot-water/) and was cited by the NYPD for operating an "unsafe vessel." bouncing and laughing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login